Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to deal with CCS?  (Read 1071 times)

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to deal with CCS?
« on: July 05, 2014, 10:47:52 am »

I generally use the very very violent and bloody way of liberalism, where i use 6 elites of cyberterrorist to kill all the conservatives :D.
After you get decent rifles and heavy armour, is pretty easy to stop raids (you just go into Police Station and "Wait", shoot anything that appears for like 5 rounds or more), but i have problems getting ccs hostages. If i go to the Gentleman Club the very liberal way, the only thing i find is corporate managers and security guys, no "Hicks" or "Fast food workers" or anything like those. And in ccs raids your squad of +10 rifle, equipped with M4 and Heavy Armour is just too lethal, no survivors even with just 1 round, and because you need to wound them first, i cant get info of the CCS.

Im now forced to make my elite train disguise, security and pistols (in case something goes very wrong) to get the CCS Backer List in the CIA.

Another question offtopic, but: When your dudes are very juicy, what you recruit in them? I find hippies are cheap and have high heart, but meh they suck to even asking donations.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with CCS?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 03:46:06 pm »

I normally find that I want variety in finding people. The CCS will be in the gentlemen's club (although I usually look for them in the park). There are several ways to get them, kidnapping being the easiest, and date napping is generally the easiest way to kidnap, especially if your dater is armed.

Hippies are good recruits if what you want are artists or musicians. Their high heart stats mean that you can train art and music up to insane levels even without juice. They don't really excel in anything else, except for being extremely easy to recruit - especially on nightmare mode where they are one of the few jobs that are always liberal.

If you're going for violence, you probably want dancers, athletes, and yoga instructors, all of which are fairly easy to recruit via seduction.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to deal with CCS?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:49:17 pm »

Non-Hippie folks I like to recruit, no particular order:
Mutants, because high-powered stats are handy (and they're always Liberal)
Prostitutes, saves sexually harassing an entire building to get the first points in Seduction (Strong bias to Liberal)
Yoga Instructors, decent combat stats and usually some Teaching
Army Veterans, combat skills FTW
Gang Members, worse skills but can actually come equipped (fairly Liberal outside the crack house)
Black Belts, because MA is a good backup and they can usually teach somewhat well
X Critics, Journalists, Authors: Write the LG
Professional Thieves: If I happen to see one I like when recruiting Critics ;-)
Sweatshop Workers/Fashion Designers: points in Tailoring, though FD usually needs Juiced to be useful

Anti-CCS: CCS members are rare but easy to spot in the Club.  You can also find 'em at the coffee stand, apartments, courthouse, and PD; there's just a chance that it won't be a disguise and you went out with a genuine Mail Carrier, etc.  Getting the map of the CCS base includes its location, so no need to Seduce 'em permanently.

If you've got someone really good (18+) at persuasion/seduction, you can persuade or seduce the CCS Lieutenant from the DE bar.  (It's possible to pass the guards with Black/Expensive Suits.)  He can get you the backer list.