Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [ISG] Stranded!  (Read 8133 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Stranded!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 09:11:30 am »

Alright then.

Have the soldier squad and the loonies with the field lab survey the swamp, have the other loonies finish work on the filters, get construction crews 1 and 6 out to 1-5 after equipping 6 with a pistol set to mine iron, get construction crews 2 and 3 to work on salvaging the wreck and the other 2 construction crews can work on making some rifle sets.

Any obvious problems with this? And I think your turn format is good.
+1

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 07:01:46 am »

Alright then.

Have the soldier squad and the loonies with the field lab survey the swamp, have the other loonies finish work on the filters, get construction crews 1 and 6 out to 1-5 after equipping 6 with a pistol set to mine iron, get construction crews 2 and 3 to work on salvaging the wreck and the other 2 construction crews can work on making some rifle sets.

Any obvious problems with this? And I think your turn format is good.
+1
++

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 01:47:20 pm »

STRANDED!
Log 4
Galaxy Time: M-7855-4-9
Planetary Hour: Nightfall

You allow both outside missions, and obviously run into a problem. There are only enough suits for half of the Lyrcnosi, and as you gave no clear instructions they decide through gambling. They even held it in the commons area, after dinner – you are actually quite sure that this goes against a few regulations, but it did the men well. A  few rounds of Bounce later, and luck has smiled on Quoslans men.

Today the scavenging mainly went about clearing the area that was torn down before. It was a hard day for the crews, and they only had 7 Materials to show for it at the end. Constructing a Rifle-Set was easy enough work, but took the two crews almost all day. They now just wait for the blueprints of the Respirators, the design of which was also finished today.

It seems the Crews hit the motherlode at 1-5. The ore they haul back is worth 17 Materials after running through the synthesizer. They might even take the mining-ordinances with them next time, but still want to talk it over with Norczo and his men.

There is a lot of wheezing and coughing when Professor Lerzo reports back, but it seems that they took it in stride. Either way, they are delighted by the high methane readings found in the ground of the swamp, have classified the water as highly toxic, and were able to sample a few small life forms. There is also something about a differing chirality of the local carbonic biomolecules, previously only observed on Colony X-OT-34 and whatnot. Much of the talk is above your head, and while you are unable to share in the excitement, they are clearly happy with their findings. You yourself are glad when Norczos report is just one curt sentence; “Anything we met today, was clearly more afraid of us than the other way around.”

New Resources Discovered:
Forested Area – 1D10 Materials, synthesizing takes 1 Energy  or 2D10 Energy , synthesizing takes 5 Energy
Peat Deposit – 1D10 Energy , synthesizing takes 3 Energy  (Water needs to be drained in case of swamps)
Toxic Water Suply – Too much of the wrong chemicals and elements. A gulp won't kill a Lyrcnos, but two just might.

New Blueprint:
Respirators: 1 Materials, 3 Energy

Todays Briefing:

Those Soldiers and Loonies that had a good taste of the outside air vouch unitary that it actually was a very bad idea. They are quite vocal about it too, though they seemingly can't help all that coughing. Either way, pretty much anybody wants the respirators to be produced.

Can you smell that Air?: 0/?? Technical Task

Night has finally fallen, and given the heavy atmosphere it is quite a dark one too. Quoslan says they just are getting started at 1-5, but would like Norczo and his men as company for the job. The later are somewhat reluctant to do so, and if then only if equipped with the suits.
Further Mining: Needs Rifle-Set - 0/1 Military Matter, 0/1 Technical Task

Norczo dislikes the prospect of being almost blind in the darkness for multiple morzoquian days. He wants something to improve visibility, be it some gadget from Lerzos boys, or machination from Quoslans crews. As long as his men will be able to see at least medium range, he will be satisfied.
A Long Days Night: ? ? ? ?

The new discoveries have lighted a fire inside quite a few of the researchers on board. They would like nothing more than to further study the samples retrieved from the swamp. The use of it - as other departments remark - is debatable at best though.
Science, for Science' Sake: 0/3 Academic Analysis

Run-Down of this Turn:
Finished 4 Tasks, No Ongoing Task
Gained 24 Materials, Knowledge of Water Suply, Knowledge of Forest, Knowledge of Peat, 1 Rifle Set, Respirator Blueprints
Used 5 Materials, 13 Energy for tools and production, 1 Materials 5 Energy for Life Support

Resources
113 Materials 442 Energy
Spoiler: Resource-Managment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military Blueprints (click to show/hide)

Hu-huh. Time to slowly but surely give the available options into player hands.  :P

Else, I added some symbols to the map. They are hopefully as obvious as I intended them to be, but the purple eye means that this region was explored, and the mining pick, well, that one will be your best guess. ;o

On another note, there are a lot of things I have to do recently, and quite a few I want to do as well. Both of which obviously impacts update speed negatively.

Edit: Whoops. Just realized I forgot to include the first paragraph. >< fixed now...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:17:55 pm by escaped lurker »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 03:27:31 pm »

ptw btdubs

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:13 pm »

Regarding the "A Long Days Night" thing, what exactly does the arrangement of the various coloured question marks mean? Also, are the things listed in the turn report an exhaustive listing of what we can do at the moment or can we perform other actions (within reason)?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 09:35:59 pm »

Regarding the "A Long Days Night" thing, what exactly does the arrangement of the various coloured question marks mean? Also, are the things listed in the turn report an exhaustive listing of what we can do at the moment or can we perform other actions (within reason)?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 11:32:02 pm »

Why, yes - the missions you got untill now were just to show you the ropes, so to speak. I might always include some obvious ones, but you are very free to suggest your own. I want bay12 enguinity in here, not me railroading you into some mundane survival stuff.

The arrangement of question marks is actually ment to push you guys into this, as I have excluded any predetermined way of going about this. It can either be a Technical, or a Scientific Solution. The line between these two might be a bit ambigious at times, but we will manage. Or so I hope ;3
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:36:03 pm by escaped lurker »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 01:05:50 am »

Thanks for clearing that up escaped lurker. The way I see it, either we can build some floodlights (which should be well within even our reduced technological capabilities, so it would be a Technical action) or we can develop night-vision goggles, which would be a Scientific action. My preference is for the night-vision goggles, as I think we should focus our technical efforts on making respirators for the moment. As such, here are my proposed turn actions:

Construct Respirators:
The Soldier-Squad and the 6 Construction-Crews will work on making respirators.

Develop Night-Vision equipment:
The 2 Lab-Loonies will work on developing blueprints for goggles which allow low-light and/or infrared vision.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 05:59:51 am »

Thanks for clearing that up escaped lurker. The way I see it, either we can build some floodlights (which should be well within even our reduced technological capabilities, so it would be a Technical action) or we can develop night-vision goggles, which would be a Scientific action. My preference is for the night-vision goggles, as I think we should focus our technical efforts on making respirators for the moment. As such, here are my proposed turn actions:

Construct Respirators:

The 2 Lab-Loonies will work on developing blueprints for goggles which allow low-light and/or infrared vision.
+1

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 08:25:36 am »

Construct Respirators:

+1
+1 We probably can't do much with Night-Vision or the respirators right now.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 09:23:50 am »

Do we have the ability to build vehicles at the moment? Also, is it possible to construct remote-controlled vehicles?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 10:05:03 am »

Do we have the ability to build vehicles at the moment? Also, is it possible to construct remote-controlled vehicles?

Quosland and Lerzo exchange a slightly surprised look, and put their heads together in discussion for a few moments. There is a lot of nodding and head-shaking on both sides, they furiously tap into their respective computers, but ultimately an awnser is reached:

" Yes."

" Theoretically, that is."

" ... more specifically, constructing a few hover bikes inside of the ship is still possible, and they should be about 25 Materials, 35 Energy. Anything bigger? We would need to clear out some ruined areas of the ship, or possibly build a workshop outside of it."

They exchange another nod, and continue on the topic.

"As for remote control units, we do have some blueprints for basic exploration drones, but we would need to set up a small computer-array, antennas, and other small necessities. All very possible, but quite time and resource-consuming."

A small discussion about the need for such things developes thereafter, but with no clear winners or majority. In the end a compromise is reached - a clear-cut cost plan of various scenarious will be introduced at the next meeting.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:48 am »

In addition to RulerOfNothing's suggestion, clear out the area for the drone bay and an area for the interior workshop.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:22 am »

This seems very cool PTW as I can think of no good suggestions currently. Though it may be wise to formulate are long term goals before we precede. Do we wish to escape or do we wish to colonize this planet. I feel that that once we figure out that we can more coherently work torwards out goal

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 11:39:15 am »

We must exploit colonize the whole planet!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5