Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Whoops, everyone is a vampire  (Read 6163 times)

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Whoops, everyone is a vampire
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:26:38 pm »

So, I made a fun discovery today. Apparently, if you bite a vampire and you are playing as a race that drains blood, you get cursed. This also applies to any unwitting peasants nearby who join into the fight. I had to retreat from the vampires who had now turned on each other, but the people in the next house saw me turn into a vampire, and some bit me. Now I have one very dead adventurer and a village full of vampires.

Oh well. More quest targets for next time!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops, everyone is a vampire
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:16:02 pm »

That is both hilarious and interesting. Does anyone know if syndromes also transfer by vampire blood sucking? I don't know a better term for it.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:18:33 pm »

There any way to make this happen to humans?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:19:16 pm »

Add [SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:50:100] to the human's bite attack, latch on to a vampire, and enjoy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 08:01:25 pm »

It's easier still if you change human teeth so that they're composed of a sharp metal: lets them bite through clothing more easily.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:51:27 pm »

It's easier still if you change human teeth so that they're composed of a sharp metal: lets them bite through clothing more easily.

But that'd have the farfetched chance of actually beheading a person with bite attacks!

(I think latch attacks can't do that though.)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 05:18:22 am »

But that'd have the farfetched chance of actually beheading a person with bite attacks!

(I think latch attacks can't do that though.)
Human bite attacks frequently cause cranial cave-ins and juicy emergency rations already, so it's not like the realism factor will take that big a dip.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 06:09:45 am »

I wonder if this effect can be weaponized in dwarf mode by creating an army of tame vampiric giant mosquitoes. A vampiric bloodsucking FB/Titan would be even nastier, but sadly they're untameable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:00:50 am »

I wonder if this effect can be weaponized in dwarf mode by creating an army of tame vampiric giant mosquitoes. A vampiric bloodsucking FB/Titan would be even nastier, but sadly they're untameable

But would they suck the blood of dwarves who are currently sleeping? :o
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 02:58:46 pm »

That calls for science. Tame animals don't need to eat or drink unless they're grazers, so it's the question of whether their vampireness will overcome their animal nature. Also, perhaps their bloodthirst could be sated by letting them fight (and bite) captive naked goblins.
EDIT: also, it might work with mosquito women. They'd have the advantage of being intelligent and thus able to master combat skills slowly but steadily over the course of their endless vampiric lives. they're untameable though
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:02:11 pm by nanomage »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:13 pm »

Untamable? Add [PET_EXOTIC] to both animalman standard variations.

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 09:45:30 pm »

I remember back when a beast master noble tamed everything, including caught dwarves.

.40d, never forget. Carpus Eatus Dwarfus.
Quote from: GoldenShadow
I don't understand why you need magma.
Quote from: Duuvian
Well done OP, you've inadvertently weaponized ghosts.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 08:08:45 am »

I remember back when a beast master noble tamed everything, including caught dwarves.

.40d, never forget. Carpus Eatus Dwarfus.

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS

GUYS LETS GO DORF HUNTING AND KEEP THEM AS PETS
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:01 pm »

That calls for science. Tame animals don't need to eat or drink unless they're grazers, so it's the question of whether their vampireness will overcome their animal nature. Also, perhaps their bloodthirst could be sated by letting them fight (and bite) captive naked goblins.
EDIT: also, it might work with mosquito women. They'd have the advantage of being intelligent and thus able to master combat skills slowly but steadily over the course of their endless vampiric lives. they're untameable though

Some modding might be required. Giant insects only live for about a year, so it might be difficult to get the required !!science!!. However, it also might be amusing to power up their bite so they can suck goblins dry in a single bite.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 01:04:42 pm »

Lifespan would not matter if you got them to be vampires successfully. And which bite are you talking about, the attack or the ability?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4