Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Whoops, everyone is a vampire  (Read 6162 times)

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
Re: Whoops, everyone is a vampire
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 07:26:32 am »

What's the best method of getting them to fight?
Quote from: GoldenShadow
I don't understand why you need magma.
Quote from: Duuvian
Well done OP, you've inadvertently weaponized ghosts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2014, 08:10:47 am »

Wild tick/mosquito people locked in with the vampire. Open the door and release the tick/mosquito people into cage traps after the vampire has been bitten to death.

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2014, 09:07:23 am »

Now I have vampire mosquito women, now to weaponize them.

Could I throw dogs into vampire blood contaminated water and have them become vampires? Vampire war dogs would be awesome.

Edit: Surprisingly effective against less than armored targets.

Edit2: Seems that this could be a possibility for a zero maintenance army. Aslong as the bridge is shut tightly.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2014, 10:35:11 am »

No, no vampire war dogs. Most animals do not eat or drink, and so the vampire-infected water will no be drunk by them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 04:46:48 pm »

Vampire mosquito women sound redundant and awesome. You might need to modify their maxage to be something more reasonable, though, and get a breeding system going. Otherwise it'll be hard to get an army of them going, as the vampires are sterile
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 06:56:57 pm »

A captive breeding program helps. They're animals and can thusly be chained up, preventing bloodsucking to non-idiot dwarves.

Now if only we could find a way to vampirize war dogs. What if they have open cuts on them? I really want pack of vampire dogs to chase down kobolds and wreck their shit.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2014, 06:04:00 am »

Vampire mosquito women sound redundant and awesome. You might need to modify their maxage to be something more reasonable, though, and get a breeding system going. Otherwise it'll be hard to get an army of them going, as the vampires are sterile
vampires are immortal I belive, though testing would be welcome. I think it might be worth trying to shaft-enlighten them in order to get their fighting skills high asap

A captive breeding program helps. They're animals and can thusly be chained up, preventing bloodsucking to non-idiot dwarves.

Now if only we could find a way to vampirize war dogs. What if they have open cuts on them? I really want pack of vampire dogs to chase down kobolds and wreck their shit.
Unfortunately, dogs never drink or eat, so I don't know a way to vampirize them. Besides, it seems that the campire curse only applies to sentient beings, as the same experiment with giant mosquitoes failed.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2014, 08:04:04 pm »

Will the vampires not bite the war dogs? Say if you knock them out and leave it locked up with the vampire.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2014, 08:06:10 pm »

Will the vampires not bite the war dogs? Say if you knock them out and leave it locked up with the vampire.
I don't think you understand how vampirism works. Only werebeast curses pass via bites.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2014, 08:14:26 pm »

I don't think you understand how vampirism works. Only werebeast curses pass via bites.
Oh yeah you can only gain vampirism through drinking blood, not getting your blood sucked.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 08:36:55 pm »

OK, a recap is in order.

Squidgen, using a race of beings with a blood-sucking bite attack, discovered that a creature can gain vampirism by biting and sucking the blood of a vampire.
We began searching for a way to duplicate it in vanilla.
I was able to duplicate it in arena mode with mosquito women and tick men sucking the blood of a vampire.
.Now we are looking for a way to weaponize the phenomenon.

That's all, correct?

gtaguy

• Bay Watcher
  • {Curly Brace}
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 11:50:19 pm »

They're easily weaponizeable, just add the [pet_exotic] tag to mosquito women and train them as war animals after vampirism. Chain or use with military units.

Now to find out if they suck blood.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 01:09:06 am »

They're easily weaponizeable, just add the [pet_exotic] tag to mosquito women and train them as war animals after vampirism. Chain or use with military units.

Now to find out if they suck blood.

But are the weaponizeable without modding the raws?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 02:41:36 am »

I'm not sure if it was made clear, but what happens when a vampire bloodsucking animal person (quite a mouthful) uses their racial blood-sucking ability? Would that quench their thirst as if they were to suck on an unconscious creature?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 08:54:17 am »

I'm not sure if it was made clear, but what happens when a vampire bloodsucking animal person (quite a mouthful) uses their racial blood-sucking ability? Would that quench their thirst as if they were to suck on an unconscious creature?
No, it doesn't quench their bloodthirst. This was discussed earlier.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4