Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Picturefort v2.1 - Draw your dream fort. Load/Click/Save. Instantly designate.  (Read 74020 times)

maackey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picturefort v2 -- now with a shiny new icon
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 12:26:18 pm »

Hmm.. well I did completely re-write it -- I guess the size of that was just the WPF code??? I just downloaded version 2 at work and its 40 KB -- which is what it should be.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 12:34:41 pm »

Ok, neat. Thats 96% savings in size. Was just surprised.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

maackey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 04:09:40 pm »

I got a bit excited by the new features I added in.. so much so that I didn't really wait for testing them before I uploaded the new version.

So I put together some bugfixes that should fix some of the more glaring issues. (Version 2.0.1)

To designate a color for multiple template types (eg. dig out a space for a bed, and make it a room) you can enter in pipe separated values into the textbox for now. (I have a significantly better UI coming but there are some technical difficulties, and this is hopefully not too difficult)

for example, to designate a room

dig   | build  | query |

you would enter in to the color: "d|b||r+" for your bed spot, (dig|build|place|query)
and "d|||" for the room color.
Then you'd check the boxes dig, build, query, set your start position, and click the "Single Template" button. Voila, instant templates.

The next big feature I think is next is per-image description settings (right now batch files will not set a start position or have unique comments). But for now I think I'm going to take a bit of a break and start testing more rigorously :)

Lazevedo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 05:23:49 pm »

Good job with the new version.

I'm using 2.0.1 and noticed the following issues:
  • If I click "Single Template" with the "Output Path" field blank, it will save to Picturefort directory and leave it blank. If I click "Batch Templates" with the "Output Path" field blank, it will fill in the field with the image location and save it there
  • When I click "Batch Templates", the genarated file won't contain comment or starting point information
Also, a suggestion. I noticed that you're using a tag system (#mode) for the automatic filled "Output File" field. Could we also have a tag for the file name, so that I could save to something like: #name-#mode.csv ?

Thanks again for the tool.

maackey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 05:23:44 pm »

Output path should be fixed next version.
Starting point information is also fixed next version. (really dumb overlook on my part, sorry)

Overall I really should have waited to release version 2, but C'est la vie. Next version will be much better, I promise. Way less bugs and a few really neat features. (they're a secret, you'll have to wait)

I've been thinking about ways to add different output filename formats... I've just got to figure out the UI and stuff. Next version should have an option to switch between subfolders/prefixes, (eg path/dig/template.csv vs. path/dig-template.csv) but I also want to support a more custom filename. But thats the thing -- user options always make the code 100x trickier. Fortunately, I've been ironing out lots of issues which should make it possible to easily add all sorts of customization (relatively, that is).

maackey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picturefort v2.1
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »

Ok. New version again. This one is the one to get. Most UI helpers are implemented at least a basic level. Custom file name formats are in. Custom per-image settings and all sorts of other goodies as well.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Nice!.  Chromafort is dropped from the Starter Pack. 

Suggestion:  in the colour designations tab, where you have the column-per-mode, it would be good to have a heading to label each column. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's great!
Suggestions:
-Don't change aspect ratio of the loaded image, force constant ratio when fitting to window.
-Allow me to see both the image preview and color designations tab side by side or above each other. I'd assume that people normally assign their designations while looking at the actual image. I mean sure, if this is the 200th time you do a template, you probably have your fixed colors, but most users probably don't. And in a lot of cases you might download an image from someone else or the wiki, and these might use other colors than what you're used to.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile

hey, i am interested in using picturefort on linux and I am wondering what steps do I need to do to install it from source. Or is this something that I would have to run under wine?
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

crunchyFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picturefort v2.1 - Crashes on startup on XP.
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

Hello, I can't get it running on my PC.  I get the generic "This program has encountered a problem..." pop-up. 
I have XP-Pro and am booting from D:\  .  So far DF and various utilities run without problems.

What kind of information should I put here to help find the problem?
Thanks,
-CF

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you trying to load it thru the starter pack or did you download and install it seperatly?
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

crunchyFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you trying to load it thru the starter pack or did you download and install it seperatly?
I tried both, same behavior.
I also tried running it with an account that has full administrator privileges: same results.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know then, you do have the most up to date version  of any .net frameworks just encase it needs them to function properly. I didn't remember having any trouble on my old laptop that ran win 7 and was about 8 years old. sorry I can't help you much more than that. since it doesn't work with the starter pack have you asked in that thread cause in all likely hood this thread is dead since my post a few days ago is the fist life in over six months...

crunchyFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My version of .net is 4.0.30319, at least according to some registry keys:
4.0 Client Profile HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Version
4.0 Full Profile   HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Version

I tried it on another computer with W7 and it ran fine. 
If someone else has managed to get it working on XP I'd like to know but if not then I can just not use it on XP.
But thanks for listening.
-CF

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

I'm getting a number of errors on Windows 7.

The batch template function never works, and the program goes into "not responding" infinitely when I import more than one or two files of size 288x288. When I try to use the output in quickfort, I always get the error "Error in qfconvert: is_out_of_bounds() argument after * must be a sequence, not NoneType", then "Error: ConvertBlueprint() returned false."

Attached in the link below are a sample files demonstrating the error. I have wasted a good 8 hours making templates like this that turned out to be junk. I recommend anyone reading this thread to continue using Chromafort.

http://www.filedropper.com/matchbanner-134-region4formapping-200-3602
http://www.filedropper.com/matchbanner-134-region4formapping-200-3602_1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4