Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Aspects of Eight RTD [Turn 19: Intent]  (Read 37099 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Aspects of Eight RTD [Recruiting 0/8]
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 12:41:58 pm »

Soooo, are you saying you want Blazing Glory to get Froggy's spot? I get your point, but hey, I offered, he didn't. You're still forgetting to plug the most important part into whatever equation you're using to decide this, though.
Take a closer look at this text!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 12:46:49 pm »

Blazing glory is going up against Wwolin, I have no preference there.

I would rather you take the Chaos Aspect because your character is better and more interesting.

And the "Important Part" as you put it is wrong and not so very important, you aren't stupid and you know you aren't. Don't talk down to yourself. It's not right. Seriously, don't. It isn't right at all.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »

I meant to be vague especially with my goals as I am chaotic and undefined.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2014, 04:07:15 pm »

Aspect: Entertainment
ERROR: Invalid Aspect.

The problem I have with this is that it's in serious danger of being a boring blob. It's similar to the "evil villain" problem- if you make your villain "evil" and not much else because "they're a villain," they tend to come out flat and uninteresting. Making a chaos god vague and ill-defined because chaos is prone to essentially the same issue.

Or, put another way, I want eight hopefully interesting characters, not seven hopefully interesting characters and an incoherent force, or seven hopefully interesting characters and then whatever comes out of the mystery box.

...not that there's not some merit to deciding Chaos ownership that way, but then I'd have to let Fire be first come first serve, deathmatch it up for Death, give Life to the friendliest player... :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »

...not that there's not some merit to deciding Chaos ownership that way, but then I'd have to let Fire be first come first serve, deathmatch it up for Death, give Life to the friendliest player... :P
This sounds more and more like a fantastic idea...
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2014, 04:17:54 pm »

I vote first-come-first-serve, if you're counting votes for that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2014, 04:21:42 pm »

I vote whatever one sounds the most interesting if that counts.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2014, 04:23:30 pm »

I vote that voting should count, but I won't vote. I'm the American public.
My Area

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2014, 04:28:06 pm »

This sounds more and more like a fantastic idea...
Credentials RTD. To join, you have to display some evidence of being suited for whatever role you're after.

I vote that voting should count, but I won't vote. I'm the American public.
This amused me more than it probably should have.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2014, 04:32:55 pm »

Name: Karb'ring-Transmuter, Riddle of Enthalpy
Aspect: Fire
Appearance: a tiny gnomelike humanoid, complete with pointed, feathery hat and puffy red finery. Always is exactly seven times smaller than what he is currently devoting its attention to, and yet only three times smaller than whatever happens to behold him. His face makes up about half of his body length, with oversized lips, nose and ears, and has a very statuesque, ponderous quality to it.
Personality: very much like you'd suspect, the Riddle of Enthalpy is strongly gnomish in disposition, with a great love of mystery and transformation of all that is, was and will be. Is very talkative, and also somewhat sociable, if often with a tendency to ask the same question twice and retread old ground with a slightly different tone of voice. Tends to wind back and forth in tasks and topics, and has an unfortunate tendency to multitask far beyond his individual capacity.
Goals: to find substance and create transformations. To move and blend together earth, air and water alike with the moving force of applied energy. To explore boundaries in divine conduct and, most of all, to not be left out of anything interesting happening.

If I need to provide credentials, I do believe virtually all of the characters I tend to play display at least intermittent fits of gnomish and fiery behavior.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2014, 04:35:34 pm »

Appearance: a tiny gnomelike humanoid, complete with pointed, feathery hat and puffy red finery. Always is exactly seven times smaller than what he is currently devoting its attention to, and yet only three times smaller than whatever happens to behold him. His face makes up about half of his body length, with oversized lips, nose and ears, and has a very statuesque, ponderous quality to it.
Personality: very much like you'd suspect, the Riddle of Enthalpy is strongly gnomish in disposition, with a great love of mystery and transformation of all that is, was and will be. Is very talkative, and also somewhat sociable, if often with a tendency to ask the same question twice and retread old ground with a slightly different tone of voice. Tends to wind back and forth in tasks and topics, and has an unfortunate tendency to multitask far beyond his individual capacity.
Goals: to find substance and create transformations. To move and blend together earth, air and water alike with the moving force of applied energy. To explore boundaries in divine conduct and, most of all, to not be left out of anything interesting happening.

If I need to provide credentials, I do believe virtually all of the characters I tend to play display at least intermittent fits of gnomish and fiery behavior.
I'd like to act as a character reference: I can confirm that Mr. Baldman's character in New Genesis is perfectly described as displaying "intermittent fits of fiery behavior."
My Area

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »

Aspect: Entertainment
ERROR: Invalid Aspect.

In that case, life, then.

No, scratch that; earth.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:49:17 pm by Propman »
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

blazing glory

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2014, 04:59:51 pm »

Well if characters are getting in based on how interesting/how long their description is then I'm not having much of a chance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2014, 05:55:34 pm »

Replace 'Blood' with 'Liquified Cookies' or 'Nectar of Life' and you'll be fine.
in some form
That being said, avoiding making any (or at least any significant) blood-equivalents could be neat.

If Froggy wanted to be in the game, then he should have put more effort into his character, seeing as how the OP specifically asked for detail.
The problem I have with this is that it's in serious danger of being a boring blob. It's similar to the "evil villain" problem- if you make your villain "evil" and not much else because "they're a villain," they tend to come out flat and uninteresting. Making a chaos god vague and ill-defined because chaos is prone to essentially the same issue.
Or, put another way, I want eight hopefully interesting characters, not seven hopefully interesting characters and an incoherent force, or seven hopefully interesting characters and then whatever comes out of the mystery box.
Agreed.
And we don't really need a "designated villain," which is what the undefined chaos probably would be.

I vote whatever one sounds the most interesting if that counts.
I second this option.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »

GWG, I'm gonna try making a planet of creatures without blood of any equivalent, but the normal lifeforms will have blood for convenience's sake.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32