Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Q on old Therapist: the scripting values  (Read 2163 times)

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Q on old Therapist: the scripting values
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:11 am »

As the title says, this is on the old unmaintained version of Therapist.

I started looking at script filters last night. I have a couple questions if anyone can answer them.
First, it doesn't seem like there's a "reset" button. I just made a script that grabs all men and all women, and that put everyone back on the list, but that's silly to have to do. Am I missing how to do it?

Secondly, on the wiki attributes are listed as 1-5000. However, even though I know I have some strong dwarves doing a script of "d.strength() > 500" will get me none. And I kept moving the number down and I didn't get any dwarves until I did "d.strength() < 1" (if I remember correctly.) Is there something wrong with how I'm writing the script, or something wrong with that version, or (fill in the blank)?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Q on old Therapist: the scripting values
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:18:26 am »

there were quite a few problems and bugs with the scripts in the old version, and the menu commands were missing entirely, if i remember correctly. additionally, unit attributes were completely broken after the 34.x df releases i believe.

is there any particular reason you don't want to use the more recent version?

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Q on old Therapist: the scripting values
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:55:23 am »

I simply didn't have it. Now I do.

I'm not one much for constantly changing utilities and such, part of why I don't dig the mod scene. But the change seemed to be pain-free, so I did it.