Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 78958 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Bizarre Magical Items
« on: May 17, 2014, 10:13:38 pm »

Formerly Silly/Useless Magical Items, now it doesn't have to be useless, or silly. It just has to be weird.

Amulet of Death Detection - Notify the wearer telepathically of their death.

Dagger of Earworm - A dagger that passes right through the attacked, but have a high chance of implanting a curse on them that make them hear irritating music for half an hour each stab. It had passed hand often as the torturers sought for them.

The Murdered Boat - A boat that can seat four people that, when it have passengers on it, will appear to be a floating rotten corpse and make its passengers be seen as maggots. The illusion shatters if someone stare at it for longer than twenty seconds. It emanates a rotten stench that everyone, even the passenger, will smell.

Hood of the Doppelgänger - A hood that, when worn, will convince everyone that know the wearer that they are an impostor.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:55:44 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Useless Magical Items
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:18:11 pm »

Lightsaber - A medieval sabre with a blade made of shining light. Since the blade is made out of light, it does not harm enemies.

Amulet of Resurrection - Anyone who dies within 6 miles of the wearer is resurrected.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:22:59 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:13 pm »

Second one isn't useless, you could keep someone alive easily that way. That would be a really useful artifact actually.

Potato of Food It is a potato that looks like whatever piece of food the consumer is thinking of at the time. It takes exactly like a potato and provides the exact same nutrients as a potato.

Bucket of Partial Holding. A bucket cannot be filled with more then one third of the mass intended object(s) being carried with it. A magical barrier is produced to prevent further filling by intended objects when the threshold is reached.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »

Second one isn't useless, you could keep someone alive easily that way. That would be a really useful artifact actually.
Yes. Like every enemy you kill. This is DnD, after all. The first dungeon you go to your mates will be sending you to stand around six miles away so they can actually get through it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:46:36 pm »

Well you don't need to be wearing it when you enter. It says it reanimates within 6 miles of the wearer. So you could carry it in your inventory and if a partymember dies, put it on and take it off, more enemies to grind and person's back alive again.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:49:43 pm »

Well you don't need to be wearing it when you enter. It says it reanimates within 6 miles of the wearer. So you could carry it in your inventory and if a partymember dies, put it on and take it off, more enemies to grind and person's back alive again.
If it worked like that it would also resurrect every dead enemy within 6 miles of the wearer in addition to the party member, but it's implied it only works when it's on, so if anyone dies while it's off they're shit outta luck!
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 10:50:30 pm »

You'd have to put it on right as the party member is going to die.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 10:51:33 pm »

Yes. Like every enemy you kill. This is DnD, after all. The first dungeon you go to your mates will be sending you to stand around six miles away so they can actually get through it.
Alternatively, you build your own city and make people pay to live there.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 10:51:44 pm »

Or they could just run through, grab the loot, and run back while ignoring the enemies that could not kill them. I think DnD awards EXP for "neutralizing" the threats.

Boots of Moonwalking - When the wearer attempt to walk or run, they will go opposite of the intended direction.

Peasantsbane - An axe that deals double damage against unarmored peasant. Not that.... a normal axe doesn't already kill them.

Ring of Sexiness - A ring that make the wearer sexually attractive to anything that the wearer isn't attracted to. Doesn't work if the affected was asexual.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:59:37 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 10:52:19 pm »

Ring of Negation - Whenever you try to say something, you instead say the opposite of that.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 10:55:32 pm »

Ring of Weather Detection - Alerts the wearer to the current weather conditions. Only accurate while outdoors.
Take a closer look at this text!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 10:58:23 pm »

Woodbane - A pickaxe that is especially damaging towards tree trunks.

Ring of Magnification - When worn, the user's vision is magnified 300%. This is not controllable.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 10:59:18 pm »

Ring of Magnification - When worn, the user's vision is magnified 300%. This is not controllable.

That would... Actually be pretty useful. Just not as much as it could be.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 10:59:51 pm »

Hey, it's silly.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 11:00:32 pm »

Hey, it's silly.
I suppose. Not silly if you needed it, though.  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 62