Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Impossible creatures AR, Neo Genesis Enterprises , Preturn Unit creation Phase  (Read 2791 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not quite what I meant, but good to know.

Was more asking about the Bullet Hounds, and if reducing them would be better for the Hard rating vs the current VH rating.

Antdog-edited

Bullet Hound(TM version)
While the Asian Giant Hornet project fell through, the two species we had needed for our primary project were massive successes, beyond our wildest expectations. This project seeks to capitalize on our successes, to make a frontline fighter for our forces, the likes of which the world has never seen. Enter, the Bullet Hound.

The Bullet Hound is a hybrid of our Prime Bullet Ant DNA and our Prime Doberman DNA. Its body structure takes largely from the Doberman, being a large canine of exceptional strength and speed. The body is additionally reinforced with a layer of exoskeleton over the limbs and vitals(including the head) in place of the fur that the Doberman normally has, in addition to the normal canine internal skeleton, greatly boosting it's defense against most attacks. Finally, the normal canine tail has been replaced with a slim ant abdomen, tipped with a stinger. Within the abdomen is also housed a redundant set of vital organs, including the pheromones ants are known for, which the Bullet Hound can easily pick up with the doberman's side of it's senses. As well as the venom sack which can be injected through some of the teeth or the stinger.

All told, the Bullet Hound should prove a terrifying combatant and hunter in our ranks. Trained to be capable of both more direct assaults, as well as ambushes. The goal being to pounce on foes, hopefully knocking their target to the ground if not pinning them, in order to then employ their debilitating bite and/or sting and maul the victim. With its bred-in loyalty and pack instincts from the Doberman side, and the colonial instincts from the ant side, we expect them to be incredibly capable of working in groups and cooperating between different units of Bullet Hounds.

Difficulty now?

Ant abdomen should be fairly flexible in that shape... Though they'd need to be on top of something to sting.

I've also added something to the Bullet Jacket Ant post for research purposes. Given to glide, they need to jump. And they use their legs to help stabilize them too in midair, which is neat.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:58:57 am by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depends how much strength you plan to add and how to implement it,  but it could be hard.

About the redesign, when you say exceptional strength and speed you mean from your sample or from other enhancements, and what you mean by slim ant abdomen?

P.S, now that I reread this your Strength Enhancement Lab would be needed to probably worded differently, more about using understanding of ants strength to implement similar mechanism in creation in general, but it would mostly be the same.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The doberman is already a sample of exceptional strength and speed, so no real changes to that.

Slim is so it lines up with the body of the dog. ?5/8 torso length, the width/height of it is no larger than the torso of the dog, if anything being a bit slimmer in design/scale.

That part isn't really easy to talk across how it is, but it is properly set up so the Bullet Hound's movement isn't impacted when running.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, that would be hard
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bullet Hell
Bullet Jacket Ant: (4) TricMagic, Failbird, NG, Chaotick21
[VH]Bullet Hound: (3) Failbird, NG, Chaotick21
[H]Bullet Hound(TM version): (1) TricMagic

Hard is a bit better in this case, and the Strength of an Ant Enhancement Lab can be done so our creations have that extra strength later.

VH means 3/8 chance of Average or above result. Hard is 50% chance of Average or above. Granted, low numbers will never save it, but better to do the lower difficulty?
Utter failures should also be avoided. if possible.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:03:31 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the votes are already locked. That'll be good to make if the current Bullet Hound fails, but I don't think we can do it now

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not locked this time, I did told you about the difficulty relatively recently, and I have something to do in the next couple of days anyway.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Infrastructure can be done later.

I kinda don't want it to fail, so a Hard difficulty is better than VH. Especially given this is our rollout unit.

An 8 means above average with VH, but with H it's Exceeds Expectations. Likewise a 7 means the H would be Above Average, and a 6 Average.

For lower numbers, VH would mean a 4 would fail, 5 be buggy, and 6 below average and hence weaker than projected. H means a 4 would be buggy, and 5 below averarge, with either a 3 or 2 being needed to utterly fail.

So overall, Hard has a better chance of producing good results and not failing completely.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

[VH]Bullet Hound: (2) Failbird, Chaotick21
[H]Bullet Hound(TM version): (2) TricMagic, NG

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another thing is I'd like to create a Dire version once we have deadly venom too. The correct mix could be very dangerous to what it bites, so long as it's immune to it's own. The thrashing and pain they can cause will just make the venom spread faster.

Ideally they would also be given an upgrade against poisons and venom at that point too, so they can't go down to a similar trick. Though that might serve better as a Lab to grant resilience to such.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[VH]Bullet Hound: (1) Chaotick21
[H]Bullet Hound(TM version): (3) TricMagic, NG, Failbird
I wasn't saying it was a bad design, just that I didn't think we were able to change our votes.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, the more I try to write this the less I feel like I know how to, I cancel the game

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, the more I try to write this the less I feel like I know how to, I cancel the game

Maybe some creativity will pop up sometime. If not, oh well. Fun while it lasted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]