Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 79922 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Useless Magical Items
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2014, 07:14:07 am »

Already figured out a way to drink from the Holey Grail.

How do you plan this?
Keep partially underwater, enough so that it fills through the holes, but not enough so that it fills through the top as well. Turn partially sideways and drink.
Or you know, drink the water flowing from the holes.

Ahhh.

Well, drinking from the holes doesn't count, but your first method is invalid-- you're just drinking from the lake or puddle or ocean or whatnot, pretending to use the cup.
What about downing it really quickly? Like, before all the water flows out?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2014, 07:24:45 am »

Not possible-- enchanted to force the water out immediately.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Terry's Cloth Sheet: Created by Dug'lass Ad'ams, the legendary 42nd head of the Wizard Council, using cloth stolen from the couch of Terry Eddie. This sheet is highly absorbent and can soak up an entire ocean. It has a multitude of other uses, too, but its absorbency causes it to dry out a human in a matter of seconds.

Happy Towel Day, FG & RP!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:39:27 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2014, 07:27:19 am »

The Orb of Life Knowledge: An orb which tells you about your life.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2014, 09:40:37 am »

Wool sword of might: does twice as much damage as normal wool swords.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2014, 09:47:02 am »

I Ron Sword: This sword is the one of the most powerful ones ever made. It can only be used by people named Ron.

The Blade of Bad Actars: This is a magic dagger. It can only be used by a man who can turn himself into a kid to get people out of holes, who holds duels with zwëihanders, who is also a wizard, in a tent that's just too large, in a brothel, in a castle with guards that dutifully die instead of fighting, who chucks gems across the whole world for guys with boats and dwarves and Chinese guys in their crew to go find, who randomly says "HA!", and who is named Deathainer of Jaffarsridge. The blade is "used" with the blood of a virgin, who cannot scream until noticed, can identify anything by its smell but dies before doing anything useful, and gets into yet more brothels with the excuse of being a virgin. The blade has a twin blade, and when the two clash together, the wielders glow blue before a large science fiction explosion occurs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Guvnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2014, 09:58:34 am »

Ring of Time Travel: Causes user to travel one second per second.

I played in a DnD game once where I would have traded an awful lot for this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2014, 10:01:34 am »

Most of the artifacts suggested here could be very useful in the right situation.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2014, 10:03:37 am »

Vibrator-Sword: Sword that causes you to vibrate.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2014, 10:19:04 am »

Vibrator-Sword: Sword that causes you to vibrate.

QUICKLY SEND DESCAN ONE

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2014, 10:24:53 am »

I have to include my Motherfucking Diamond Katanas on this list.

But, to fit the theme:

The Mug Of Conservation: This mug keeps your beverage at almost, but not quite, the perfect temperature.

Pillow of Amnesia: After a night's sleep on this pillow, you forget what you were dreaming about.

Weather Stone: A stone suspended from a string, used for divining local weather conditions based on its response to what the weather is like.

The Chalice of Optimism: No matter what, this Chalice is always half full.

The Chalice of Pessimism: No matter what, this Chalice is always half empty.

The Chalice of Realism: No matter what, this Chalice is always of double the needed volume for whatever it contains.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2014, 11:21:13 am »

Ring of Time Travel: Causes user to travel one second per second.

I played in a DnD game once where I would have traded an awful lot for this.

Mind elaborating? :o

Wand of Conspiracy - Point Wand at object and incant a particular conspiracy-inducing phrase to initiate conspiracy. Success rates involve in the presence of an audience, their belief in a particular likelihood of a conspiracy to happen, which in turn is dependent on whether the conspiracy is logical and related to the object, and their trust in the user of the Wand.

Ring of Extreme Antimagic - Nullifies all magical effects, including its own. It lives in a contradiction.

Wand of Wishing Wells - Said to grant luck to its bearer. Entirely unconfirmed, and usually used only to pluck silver and copper off the shallow parts of the well.

Soupstone - A tasteless stone used to magically enhance soups with its own flavor. Does not remove or cure poison, diseases and etc.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:15:50 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2014, 01:06:37 pm »

ok I dare you to find a use for:

Wand of Disintegration When used this wand Disintegrates.

Ring of Extra Rings when worn this ring magically allows you to wear one extra magic ring.

Armor of Intangibility when worn this armor is intangible both to physical forces and magical effects, the wearer however is not. and while not technically[/b] cursed figuring out a way to remove something that cannot be touched is going to be a challenge.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2014, 02:01:53 pm »

Ring of Extra Rings when worn this ring magically allows you to wear one extra magic ring.
Wear this after almost filling every finger with magical rings. Now you have one more. Get one on every finger, you have five more.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »

Wear this after almost filling every finger with magical rings. Now you have one more. Get one on every finger, you have five more.
You can't wear it after filling every finger, because there's nowhere to wear it on.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2014, 02:21:46 pm »

Did someone forget toe rings? Or piercings?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62