Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 79955 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Useless Magical Items
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 11:02:57 pm »

Ring of Sexiness - A ring that make the wearer sexually attractive to anything that the wearer isn't attracted to. Doesn't not work if the affected was asexual.
Technically, this is quite useful if you needed it. You'd have to take one for the team, but it would make you a great negotiator, especially if the wearer is asexual.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 11:04:19 pm »

Spoon of Nonholding: A wooden spoon that flings anything scooped with it at the user.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 11:08:25 pm »

Spoon of Nonholding: A wooden spoon that flings anything scooped with it at the user.
Perfect for infomercials!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 11:10:51 pm »

Lance of Apollonius: A powerful lance that will continuously approach it's target yet never reach them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 11:12:59 pm »

Ring of Sexiness - A ring that make the wearer sexually attractive to anything that the wearer isn't attracted to. Doesn't not work if the affected was asexual.
Technically, this is quite useful if you needed it. You'd have to take one for the team, but it would make you a great negotiator, especially if the wearer is asexual.
Well, I suppose it'd be different if the ring was cursed as well.
Also it'd affect the PCs. (And might break reality if the wearer looked into the mirror)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 11:15:18 pm »

Lance of Apollonius: A powerful lance that will continuously approach it's target yet never reach them.
Should have named this the Lance of Zeno.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 11:15:38 pm »

Bag of Hunger: A bag that eats all food items placed inside, but is only triggered when the user is hungry.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »

Well, I suppose it'd be different if the ring was cursed as well.
Also it'd affect the PCs. (And might break reality if the wearer looked into the mirror)
Imagine every living thing in the area trying to bang you at the same time, including people, animals, and bugs.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 11:18:42 pm »

Eldritch Blade: A greatsword forged from unspeakable materials, all damaged dealt by this weapon is multiplied by 2i, where i is equal to the square root of negative one.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »

Blade of Killing - An ordinary blade that once belonged to a man named John Killing.  It is inscribed with his last name, which can never fade from its surface.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2014, 11:37:30 pm »

Wouldn't it logically make everything attracted to the wearer?

Everything is.
And, as is often the case, the devil is in the details. How sexually attractive? How do they respond? Etc.

The Shroud of Time: A cloak said to be the first and last thing to exist in the universe. It cannot be harmed. (You still can be.)
Immovable Rod: A rod that cannot be moved.
Ever-Full Wineskin: A wineskin which is always full of ditchwater. It can't be poured out very fast, but it's good enough to drink out of! If you like ditchwater.
Portable Hole: Well, portable once. Have you ever tried grabbing a hole? You'll need the Hole Crowbar to move it...
Eye of Vecna: The severed eye of an ancient lich. Legend has it that Vecna's eye bestows magical powers on anyone who makes it theirs...but this isn't as useful as it seems before you give that a careful read.
Ball of Eight Magics: A black sphere with a flat, circular pane leading into an abyss. When shaken and a question is intoned, the Ball gives an answer. It may or may not be accurate.
Figurine of Wondrous Power: A figurine of exceptionally wondrous power.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 11:42:20 pm »

Everything is.
And, as is often the case, the devil is in the details. How sexually attractive? How do they respond? Etc.
Quite. The aim of that comment was to indirectly say that we should stop criticizing each other's magic items because it will quickly devolve into unpleasantness, especially if reciprocated.

Seal of Arguments - This ring makes everything you say extremely inflammatory to everyone who hears it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 11:45:31 pm »

Cigar of Sigismund Schlomo: Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 11:46:49 pm »

Pipe de René Magritte - An object that appears to be a smoking pipe, but is in fact, not.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2014, 11:49:57 pm »

Scroll of Dysmon. A scroll that gives the reader the cure to all diseases, but can only be read by someone without a disease.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62