Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62

Author Topic: Bizarre Magical Items  (Read 78954 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Useless Magical Items
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2014, 09:02:12 am »

Gloves of peace: Makes the wearer pacifistic when attacked. Only works if the wearer willingly put them on and knows of their effect.
Take a closer look at this text!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2014, 12:36:46 pm »

Bracelet of Time-telling: Magically tells you the time of day. Numbers shrink as to be unreadable when the bracelet is needed.

Book of Usefulness: Can get reader out of any problem. Becomes invisible when it is needed and grows so that it cannot fit in a bag.

Shirt of Warmth: Negates cold damage but doubles heat damage. When it must be taken off, the magic metal line-laces jam.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2014, 02:52:27 pm »

Hat of Darkness: Hat causes wearer to create evil, sadistic solutions to all problems. They also become obsessed with logic and incredibly skinny. Created by legendary mathesorceretician Rand al'Munroe.
Beret of Nihilism - Makes the wearer a naïve and happy-go-lucky, while having a great urge to go to the bakery.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2014, 02:57:10 pm »

Ring of Time Travel: Causes user to travel one second per second.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2014, 04:22:17 pm »

Schrodinger's Bag of Holding: any Items placed in the bag may or may not be destroyed, the roll determining this is made only when someone tries to retrieve the item.

Sword of Healing sword heals whatever it pierces or cuts for an amount exactly equal to the damage it just inflicted.

Ring of (false) Gender Reversal: Cursed. ring causes the wearer to feel and act as though everyone is treating them as the wrong gender especially when they are not.

Wand of Redundancy: this wand summons a Wand of Redundancy.

Bracers of Normal Strength: these bracers magically give the wearer the strength of an average human commoner when worn.

Wand of Bees: this wand summons a swarm of angry bees to immediately attack the holder of the wand.

Deck of many (Rubber) Things: a deck of seemingly normal playing cards, when someone pulls out a card and looks at it however the magic of the deck causes a random effect to occur based upon what card is pulled out, this particular deck however only ever summons "marital aids" in an assortment of sizes shapes and colours.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »

Wand of Bees: this wand summons a swarm of angry bees to immediately attack the holder of the wand.

SOMEONE GET AN ANTIQUE HAND MIRROR QUICKLY
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2014, 04:46:12 pm »

I would sooo buy that card deck.

Phaseblade Sword. This sword appears and feels like a normal sword until someone attempts to hit something with it, the blade phases out of existence until it passes through the target.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »

Cloak of Terrifying Darkness - Renders the wearer nearly invisible to the visible spectrum when in complete darkness. The wearer gains Nyctophobia.

Wand of Not Touching - The target thinks they have been poked. Range of one cm.

Ring of Precipitous Invisibility - Renders the wearer invisible. Only works when it is raining, snowing, or in heavy concentrations of flour.

Ring of Tar Breathing - Allows the wearer's to breathe tar. Does not remove tar from lungs.

Ring of Lesser Timeshift - Randomly shifts the user exactly ten seconds into the future. User will retain their spatial coordinates relative to the center of the universe.

Cursed Ring of Exercise - Randomly disables electronic devices the wearer is interacting with. This item cannot be removed. Looks identical to Sauron's Ring.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2014, 05:43:10 pm »

Stick of Intelligence Reduction: any intelligent being struck forcefully in the head with this stick loses 1 intelligence point, may not actually be magical.

Mundane Amulet: the Magical affect of this amulet is to appear to be non magical even when examined with magic.

Cloak of Invisibility this cloak is completely invisible, the person wearing it however is not.

Sword of Truth the wielder of this sword is compelled to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth at all times even about things they do not or could not possibly know.

Arrow of Altered Perception when fired from a bow this arrow remains perfectly stationary instead the universe moves around it such that to all observers it appears to act as a normal arrow.

blazing glory

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2014, 06:28:33 pm »

Sword of Truth the wielder of this sword is compelled to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth at all times even about things they do not or could not possibly know.

That could be rather useful.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2014, 06:46:55 pm »

not really, the whole truth would logically include things man was not meant to know http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheseAreThingsManWasNotMeantToKnow driving yourself and everyone around you insane sounds fun in theory but in practice...

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2014, 08:24:01 pm »

not really, the whole truth would logically include things man was not meant to know http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheseAreThingsManWasNotMeantToKnow driving yourself and everyone around you insane sounds fun in theory but in practice...
In practice it's even more fun.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:43 pm »

Amulet of Strangulation: Doesn't actually strangle anyone, that's just an inside joke from the dev team. In fact, it doesn't do anything. Literally, it does not do anything. Nope, not even that. Or that. That thing you just thought it might do? Can't do that either.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2014, 11:41:40 pm »

Spear of Dysentery: Cursed not to be confused with the other famous spear wielded by a norse god which it appears to be a replica of, this cursed spear hails from the land of Organ gone and causes the unlucky wielded to die from chronic loose bowels.

Amulet of partial teleportation Immunity this amulet protects the wearer from teleportation magic but only for 25% of their body.

Jug of endless whine while this jug does in fact contain an infinite amount of an alcoholic substance it also berates you constantly the entire time it's in you possession.

Ribald's Singing Sword while unsheathed this sword loudly sings songs of the most perverse nature.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2014, 11:50:48 pm »

Shield of the zweihander: shield that gives a bonus to using two handed weapons.

Sunlight maille: Armour that glows when exposed to sunlight.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 62