Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 81092 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 29: Tale of the Hero Alerd
« Reply #420 on: November 07, 2014, 09:13:30 pm »

Gah, updates are so far apart I forgot what all I've found out so far.

Can someone just bum rush the damn door? Get a tree trunk or something.

Beirus, you have a shield, get on it.
... Or you guys could try to open it :v its not locked or anything, the seal's broken.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2014, 09:39:29 pm »

... Or you guys could try to open it :v its not locked or anything, the seal's broken.

I think we collectively thought it was still sealed or something. Wow, we're all idiots.

Open the damn door.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 07, 2014, 10:01:17 pm »

Think about ways to weaken a gods connection to a place.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2014, 10:16:36 pm »

((I figured it was open, but damned if I was going to trigger any traps.))

Offer another prayer to the Goddess of the Woods. Not really asking for anything, just to see if She still exists. One semi-believer has to be better than none, right? Wait to see if the others open the door, standing to the side. If nothing pops out, go a little ways inside after somebody checks for traps.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2014, 10:34:52 pm »

I think we collectively thought it was still sealed or something. Wow, we're all idiots.

Open the damn door.
((I knew it was open but there is still some god-powered defenses in there and I'm preparing.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2014, 06:12:50 pm »

Prepare for whatever beasties might be hiding behind the door, I 'spose.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 30: Spooky, Scary Skeletons
« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2014, 10:56:21 pm »

Jase Bladeheart
You offer another prayer to the Goddess of the Woods. Silence is the only reply.

David
There are few ways you know of to weaken a god's grasp on their own holy grounds. You conclude that you would have to desecrate and defile the site in the name of another deity whilst following certain rituals; you happen to know the proper incantation for these. You know from history books that the chants involved have been outlawed in the Kingdom by Elidan himself, who subsequently created the Militant Pantheon Order whose job was to enforce those laws and ensure that no groups within or without the were able to alter the balance of power.

Entire Group
Aeryn puts his full strength into opening the doors to the tomb and the rest of you stand back, busying yourselves with your weapons. Some of you pray to the God of this hallowed place or contemplate the dark rituals that may have went on here in an era long past. Surprisingly the doors open up without a sound, revealing a spacious chamber supported by towering pillars of smooth marble. The remaining details rush away as your attention falls upon a group of silent figures. You count six skeletons all garbed as warriors, arranged in an arrowhead formation. At it's head is a menacing figure laden by a heavy suit of armor. The knight emits a ragged gasp and raises a thin finger.

"Leave this place.. Only death awaits..."

With his message delivered the skeletal knight slams his visor down and raises his blade, his companions wordlessly emulate the gesture.

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aeryn Vutran, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Archer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Knight (click to show/hide)

-----

Note: This turn I was assisted in editing by GUNINANRUNIN, so thanks to him for making this have considerably less errors then it once did :v
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:52:41 am by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 30: Spooky, Scary Skeletons
« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2014, 12:47:43 am »

Withering blast head skeleton Knight.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:13:06 am by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2014, 02:04:16 am »

"I fucking hate skeletons."

Try another prayer to the Goddess of the Woods, then attack the head skeleton knight with my axe.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:15:30 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 15, 2014, 12:57:32 pm »

Since I'm going last I observed the combat and begin writing an essay.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 15, 2014, 01:24:45 pm »

Start off by firing on the skeleton archer.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 31: Lucky Skeletons, Must have Wishbones on them
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2014, 03:30:10 am »

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Aeryn Vutran
Leading the attack you charge at the Skeletal Knight hoping to sweep a leg out from under him, but failing entirely as your foot collides with a piece of the rusted platemail hard enough to make you think something in your leg shattered for a few brief moments.Your tactic having failed you step back just in time to see one of Trevor's arrows come zipping by.

Trevor Abbot
With the rapid, pinpoint accuracy you've become accustomed to delivering you fire off two iron-tipped arrows at the skeletal archer you see peeking out from behind its vanguard of warriors without a single worry about hitting an ally, your marksmanship was far to good for such an event to occur. Your arrows hit their mark with satisfying accuracy as they go through the skeleton's eye sockets and tear its skull off entirely before embedding into the wall behind him with a slight cracking noise.

Skeletal Warrior 2
One of the skeleton warriors leaps at Aeryn, and delivers a solid slash to the scholar's torso that thankfully misses anything vital. Aeryn staggers back from the blow before bringing his sorely inadequate knife to bear against the armor clad warrior.

Skeletal Warrior 3
Charging from the midst of the group of skeletons one warrior bears down on Jase with its sword held high in both hands hoping to kill the former guardsmen before he has a chance to interfere with their leader. Jase barely manages to get his shield up in time to keep the warrior from shearing off one of his arms, and as the shield takes the full strength of the blow the sound metal screeching on metal fills the air leaving behind a massive dent in the once perfect shield.

Skeletal Warrior 1
A third skeletal warrior breaks away from the group to assault Trevor, likely to gain vengeance for his fallen comrade, or it managed to realize the danger an archer held against close combat oriented fighters. Before Trevor can react the skeletal warrior is on him, its sword swinging with the full force of the charge. A scream of pain escapes Trevor as the blade digs into his leg cutting through the flesh only to stop abruptly as the blade meets much greater resistance in the form of bones. Outraged, but blinded by the pain the Archer lashes out at the warrior with his dagger driving it back.

Skeletal Knight
Apparently put off by Aeryn's earlier blow the Knight is slow to respond, and its attacks are sluggish as the scholar manages to dodge the first strike, and turn the second into but a minor blow.

Jase Bladeheart
You smile up at the warrior trying to overpower your guard, and pull out of the deadlock sidestepping to deliver a sharp whack to the skeletons ribs with the shaft of the spear. As the shaft impacts you can hear bones clearly giving way beneath the chainmail.

Chronus
You concentrate your energy into the crystal embedded in your staff, within moments it begins to shine with a crimson light that intensifies until its almost like looking into a tiny red sun. Thrusting the staff in the direction of the Knight you release the energy, and the light turns into a solid ball of some roiling crimson liquid as it flies through the air towards your target. The knight appears to notice in time as he dodges out of the way of the crimson blast leaving it to find a new target as it turns ever so slightly to take the only inactive skeleton full in the face.

Skeletal Warrior 4
Infuriated by the sudden surprise attack the final skeleton warrior zones in on its attacker with a dogged determination, but the scholar proves to be a much more capable foe then it first thought. Lashing out with a blow aimed at the scholar's head the skeleton is surprised to see Chronus jump up, and away from the attack turning a lethal blow into a minor scratch.

David
Mumbling to yourself you stand back, and begin to observe the fierce battle before you and attempt to gleam something of worth from the hectic chaos of it all. As the fight rages on you begin to notice weaknesses, and failings in the skeletal soldiers not to mention errors your party members make that compensate more for a human opponent then a skeletal one.

Observations on the Clashes between Human, and Skeletal Warriors is 20% complete.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aeryn Vutran, Sinvara (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Warrior 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Knight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skeletal Archer (click to show/hide)

-----

------

Some notes on deviation, Deviation is rolled for when certain attacks are used such as Derm's Withering Blast which has the potential to attempt and hit another nearby target if it misses its intended one. In order for attacks that use deviation to hit another target they have to roll a 12 or higher on their deviation rolls.

Also I'm now going to imply a new rule, and ask you guys about an existing one. First the new rule, whenever you make an attack against an enemy if you have more than one weapon (and its not clear from your action what you're using) specify which one you are using in the attack. And then the question, so far I've been automatically having you guys go on the defensive when attacked by an enemy, do you want me to continue this or completely disregard the attacks and have you carry on with your posted action?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:27:38 am by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 31: Lucky Skeletons, Must have Wishbones on them
« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:08 am »

Another withering blast to one of the damaged skeletal warriors!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 31: Lucky Skeletons, Must have Wishbones on them
« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2014, 09:04:06 am »

Continue my research.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:01:05 am by The Froggy Ninja »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2014, 09:27:10 am »

Attemp to use what I have so far to help me attack it and, if possible, continue my research.
Sorry that was attacking Aeryn, I had to rewrite half the turn because I was using the wrong profiles through it :s and accidentally left the fluff in for that one after I'd rerolled everything.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 55