Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 81261 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Jase. Where the hell is a third of our team?"
"I thought they came back already. I didn't see them after we split up in town. Guess I'll have to go back and wrangle them up."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dance naked in the streets praising my Lord and Saviour. Order the convert to do the same.
Well that escalated quickly.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Dance naked in the streets praising my Lord and Saviour. Order the convert to do the same.
Not really, that actually is fairly sane compared to how things in RTD's go even the more serious ones.

Look to roll to roll to dodge for good examples.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

See, thing is, most of the stuff that happened there was mostly a combination of accidents and a hilarious GM.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really, that actually is fairly sane compared to how things in RTD's go even the more serious ones.

Look to roll to roll to dodge for good examples.
I have, and I was tempted to make a character that served the necro-hand (and possibly desire to return Derm to it so that it could reattach itself), but decided against it because I figured that Derm wouldn't approve.

On a different note, there appears to be no mana cost to the wild magic spells. Is that intentional?

I wonder if Derm can cast Wild Pact with a summoned ghost, meaning that he would be immune to non-magical damage (other types of damage would go to the ghost, which is immune). Even if he was hit by magical damage, he'd still have the ghost's health as a buffer before he would get hurt.

Finally, Derm, what is the oppression tower?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:49:08 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a different note, there appears to be no mana cost to the wild magic spells. Is that intentional?

I wonder if Derm can cast Wild Pact with a summoned ghost, meaning that he would be immune to non-magical damage (other types of damage would go to the ghost, which is immune). Even if he was hit by magical damage, he'd still have the ghost's health as a buffer before he would get hurt.
That is not a mistake, neither of those spells are supposed to require magic. Their cost comes from their effects, one makes another character take damage for someone else, and the other gives them a power boost at a severe loss of HP every turn its active. Also Derm can use Wild Pact with a summoned spirit, and he'll be immune to all damage until the spirit dies. Just, because its a spirit doesn't mean its immune to physical damage, actual ghosts are immune, but summoned spirits are different from ghosts.

Also you guys can feel free to do whatever you want, but I will remind you that your actions will have consequences, the reason Blitz is getting mobbed isn't entirely because of the roll. That roll was just to see how badly the people would take it, because he decided to start shouting praises to an unknown God in the middle of a village in a kingdom dedicated to a single Pantheon of Gods. Said Pantheon of Gods have been stated as usurping the previous Pantheon when the Kingdom of Eldast was part of the Empire.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Having already done quests go help the town, would I get some sort of bonus to talking the mob down by convincing them the cultist will probably die anyway in the goblin caves and we can at least use him to be beneficial to the village by helping first?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Having already done quests go help the town, would I get some sort of bonus to talking the mob down by convincing them the cultist will probably die anyway in the goblin caves and we can at least use him to be beneficial to the village by helping first?))
Based on where you guys were when the mob popped up Unholy_pariah is the only one that could go help him since after all you're already at the Fort/well on your way to it as that mob guns for Blitz' life.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Stand my ground, I won't give in~

Pretend to stand my ground, flee at the last moment with my cultist.

Actually, never mind that. Run, run as fast as my legs will carry me. Force the cultist to do the same.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Based on where you guys were when the mob popped up Unholy_pariah is the only one that could go help him since after all you're already at the Fort/well on your way to it as that mob guns for Blitz' life.
((No chance of getting there in the nick of time, all heroic like?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No chance of getting there in the nick of time, all heroic like?))
None at all, you're not a hero yet! :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aww. Also, would trying to channel a prayer through my blessed sword or that pendant make it more likely the god might notice?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aww. Also, would trying to channel a prayer through my blessed sword or that pendant make it more likely the god might notice?))
Nope, just managing to restore the longsword to its original blessing was quite a feat already, and blessings are very minor acts of notice on the part of gods though priests who've been given power by the Gods are usually the ones who carry out the blessings. As for the pendant you don't even know if it is a divine tool, it could simply be a very powerful work of magic for all you know.

Just praying, even while attempting to use holy objects as a focus, is extremely unlikely to gain you the notice of any of the Gods let alone the notice needed to get their personal blessing which would allow you to become a priest or paladin dedicated to them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is out of line but maybe you guys can hire mercs so some of us waitlisters can play? Even if it's not me, I'm sure someone on the list would enjoy playing. :)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

I f I am aloud to join then I will deal my short swords and hunt down the naked dancing dude
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55