Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 81414 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 2: Skeletal Necromancer Rises
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2014, 02:34:57 pm »

Observe! Write down and call out weakpoints!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 2: Skeletal Necromancer Rises
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2014, 03:14:56 pm »

Step back, and prepare an arrow for whichever of the necromancer's underlings move towards the group first. Also, smirk with undue confidence.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 3: Combat Begins, Far too Many Crits
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2014, 05:18:44 pm »

The skeleton watches the group closely, and lets out another of those strange teeth grinding laughs as Clair talks, the laughter fades off quickly enough as the necromancer replies,

"Ah, how I've forgotten of humanity's willingness to believe the words put before them as if there was no possibility they could be anything other than the truth. Now if you want to silence me then let us see whose the better!

With that the necromancer throws its free hand forward, as the hand moves the shadows quickly fly up and form into a simple spear that solidifies before flying directly at Clair. She attempts to dodge the spear as it comes at her, but her sheperd's crook slips her up and she stumbles directly into the spear which cuts a deep path through her shoulder before dissipating.

"Come on let us have some fun!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Goblin Zombie Warrior 2
Lifting his sword the leftmost goblin warrior charges Jase with a guttural howl, Jase uses the rather long reach of his weapon to get a strike off as the monster charges, but he misses completely and the spear skewers nothing. The zombie lashes out with stiff, untrained movements, and Jase manages to back step in time to reduce what would've been blood drawing strikes into a slight nick and a miss due to the zombie's incompetence and body unsuitable for sword fighting.

Ethereal
With an arrow already at the ready it takes you only a short time to draw to full strength, and let loose with rather astounding accuracy as the arrow drives through the Axeman's arm and straight into the skull throwing the beast back onto the ground. As the battleaxe buries itself into the ground a few feet away from it the zombie twitches a few more times before falling silent.

+2 XP, -1 Iron-Tipped Arrow

Goblin Zombie Archer
With astounding speed the Goblin Archer turned on the former poacher Trevor, luckily the zombie only drew the bow halfway and the arrow has lost almost all power as it nicks Trevor's face and clatters to the ground somewhere behind him.

Jase Bladeheart
Seeing an opening as the goblin tries to recover from its failed blows you slam your spear forward with all your might sending a foot or so of the spear straight out its back. You hastily kick the zombie off of your spear as you step back preparing for the next chance to strike.

Clair Gemini
Spurred on by the wound the necromancer had inflicted you charge at it with crook in hand, letting out a bit of a warcry you swing it at the skeleton and it smashes into the things ribcage, but of course the thing merely laughs as the robe seem to be as sturdy as iron making the crook bounce off. Startled you backpedal a bit putting a bit of distance between the necromancer, and you.

Lucy Verim
As the fighting starts you leap at the nearest goblin warrior brandishing your hammer like you know how to use it (which you surprisingly do), your blows rain down in rapid succession and before the zombie can even react you've already backed away. The side of the zombie's chest is now caved in where you bashed at it, and the thing is already slouched over from the blows.

Chronus
You stand back from the fight, and spend your time observing the combat taking down various notes about effective ways to take on foes who are zombies, ways not to go about fighting them, and general weaknesses that can be easily observed from afar. All in all you manage to note that an arrow through the brain is a sure fire way to stop one while a hammer seemed to show better results than a piercing weapon like a spear, that combined with their clumsy nature assures you that you could probably fight one more effectively than before.

+2 XP, -1 Blank Page in the Book

Trevor Abbot
With a smirk you let loose at the archer with outstanding accuracy as the pair both fly true, and bury themselves in the zombie's head dropping it instantly.

+2 XP, -2 Small Game Arrows

Goblin Zombie Warrior 1
Enraged by Lucy's assault the warrior throws itself at her hacking furiously at the woodcarver, with Lucy unable to dodge the blows they find their mark easy enough and slice a long cut across her arm that would've been far worse had she not jerked away at the last moment.

Skeletal Necromancer has already acted

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ethereal (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Skeletal Necromancer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Axeman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Zombie Archer (click to show/hide)

-----

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:00:26 pm by adwarf »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 3: Combat Begins, Far too Many Crits
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2014, 05:26:36 pm »

Lucy was pissed. If she wasn't mute, she'd be swearing at that goblin right now - that freakin' hurt! Taking her mallet in her non-bleeding-arm hand...

She attacks Goblin Zombie Warrior 1 again!
Take a closer look at this text!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »

I would like to protest that books have more than twenty pages.

Advise group on zombie combat methods to facilitate survival.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »

I would like to point out that you can have nineteen more of these essays that give bonuses to base damage, and accuracy so having twenty different categories of monsters which you can buff people against is rather powerful enough for a single book.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2014, 05:32:20 pm »

Clair swings at any warrior still standing

"Lucy and I shall clear a path. Everyone else, cut off the head, so to speak."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2014, 05:33:22 pm »

Oh! Ooooh! May I make a suggestion? Have Derm sing his essays. He can be the bard!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2014, 05:33:59 pm »

I would like to point out that you can have nineteen more of these essays that give bonuses to base damage, and accuracy so having twenty different categories of monsters which you can buff people against is rather powerful enough for a single book.

Remind me to get more books.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2014, 05:43:57 pm »

Trevor gives a quick nod at Clair.
"Go right on ahead, so long as you keep 'em a good ways away from me..."

He clicks his tongue as he pulls back his drawstring to send another arrow or two on course for the necromancer.

((Dermonster in a support role... Can't say I saw it coming.))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »

((Quadratic wizard, Linear warrior. I suck like balls at the start but soon you'll be swinging a sword or firing an arrow and I'll be weaving the conceptual aspect of annihilation into a coherent laser beam.))

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2014, 05:50:13 pm »

((Or, we'll force you to be our bard. Mhmm.))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »

Waitlisten mich danke:

Name: Tanet Whyke
Former Profession: Butcher
Trait: Exceptional Potential - You gain 25% more Experience
Love, scriver~

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »

((Also, the turn says +2 but the book says +1?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2014, 05:59:43 pm »

((Also, the turn says +2 but the book says +1?))
Ah, fixing that now since it was due to a slight change in how the essay is going to work, the part in the turn is a straight boost to accuracy while the actual one boosts accuracy and damage (the correct one). Should be changed to the correct one shortly.

Edit: It is now fixed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:02:01 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 55