Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero - Christmas Event, First Challenge: Siege!  (Read 81410 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 15: Bandit Brawl
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Lucy Verim
Dashing over to the table past the bandit corpse you hastily snatch up the crossbow, and the quiver of bolts before dashing back to the side of the tower facing into the courtyard below. Pulling the cross bow to your shoulder you fire at one of the swordsman, but your shot goes wide and sinks into the doors leading to the keep, at least you didn't shoot one of your own teammates you think as you start to reload the crossbow.

-1 Bolt, Reloading the Crossbow will take all of next turn.

Jase Bladeheart
You charge forward to meet the bandit axeman head on hefting your spear, and shield with a trained motion gained from your years as a guardsman back before you became an adventurer. Stabbing forward you manage to catch the man in the side before he can dodge out of the way fully, sadly your spear is stopped short by the thick furs the man is wearing as a form of armor and you only barely manage to draw blood.

Bandit Swordsman 2
One of the swordsmen charges David as he tries to inspect the weapons of the hardened killers charging at him ready to kill, with a guttural roar the swordsman lashes out. [Accuracy Roll: 8 & 19; 1 Critical (15, Left Leg) & 1 Glancing Hit;  4 Damage + 1 Damage = 5 Damage to David.]The first blow from the swordsman is a stab that goes clean through David's leg causing a splatter of blood[/abbr] followed by a slight scream of pain though thankfully the second attack from the swordsman barely makes contact with him.

David now has Major Bleeding!

Clair Gemini
Following Jase's lead you focus on the axeman aiming to take him down before he can cause to much harm to your group. [Accuracy Roll: 9; 1 Glancing Hit; 1 Damage - 1 Armor = 0 Damage to Bandit Axeman]You slam your crook into the bandit's rib-cage[/abbr], but his furs absorb the impact of the blow as he bears down on Jase with a fury of a man obsessed or perhaps overtaken with rage.

Bandit Axeman
With a bestial roar the hulking axeman drives his axe down at Jase hoping to split his skull, the guardsman however manages to backstep turning a fatal blow into a minor cut diminished somewhat by his worn leather armor.

David
You had meant to examine your enemies' gear, but as the bandit bears down on your swinging his sword all thought of that leaves your mind and you draw the knife hidden in your sleeve. You stab the small knife out and feel as it sinks into the man's chest before jerking it out and slashing it at his face though by the time you swipe it at him he's already backed away leaving the knife to bite only air.

Chronus
You find yourself facing down one of the bandit swordsman alone as Jase, and Clair take the Axeman and David ends up in a brawl with the other swordsman in order to protect his well being. Far faster than the bandit can react to you charge forward with your knife in hand and go in under the swordsman's guard to stab him twice before backing away to gain a bit of distance once more.

Bandit Swordsman 1
The swordsman fighting Chronus lashes out with two rather pathetic slashes which only cause small scratches as the scholar expertly moves to avoid the worst of the attacks his opponent is trying to dish out.

Trevor Abbot
You quickly move to an advantageous position on just besides where the tower and wall come together, and ready your bow along with two arrows as you sight in on a target in the brawl below. Loosing two of your best arrows at the swordsman engaged with David you watch as one thumps into the man's back, and the other impales the ground in a wonderful display of missing.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Axeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bandit Crossbowman (click to show/hide)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 15: Bandit Brawl
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »

"Do NOT mess with my studies."
STABMURDERDEATH

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »

"How does it feel to get shanked by a guy with a book?"

Dual wield knife and staff. Stab him twice and bash his hand when he tries to counterattack.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2014, 03:55:44 pm »

((Shoulda used my whetstone before the battle. Coulda bypassed his armor.))
"Go for the legs, Clair. He can't fight well if he's on the ground."
Stab the Axeman with my spear.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2014, 04:43:20 pm »

"On it!"
Clair sweep her crook, trying to trip the axeman
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »

"Heh, nearly gotcha..."
Try to finish off the swordsman a pair of small game arrows.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:15:10 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2014, 09:43:12 pm »

Reload!
Take a closer look at this text!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 16: The Odds Begin to Turn
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Lucy Verim
You hastily pull the string back knocking it into place before drawing a bolt, and slotting it in so you can fire upon the bandits below.

Jase Bladeheart
You move to stab the man, but by the time you get your weapon ready the bandit is already inside your guard forcing you to bash him into the ribs with the butt of the staff. While not quite as effective as a spear point into him it still sends him staggering back out of breath from the force of the blow buying Clair time to close in on the grizzly warrior.

Bandit Swordsman 2
The bandit engaging David knocks the scholar's knife aside, and stabs forward where he drives his sword through David sending a spurt of blood spewing from the seriously injured scholar who clumsily holds onto his knife as he moves to fight the swordsman off.

Clair Gemini
You lash out with your crook yanking one of the axeman's legs out from under him, and sending him sprawling face down onto the ground where he lies for a moment before trying to get back up.

Bandit Axeman
The axeman spends a few minutes pushing himself back up onto his feet.

David
You snarl through the pain and stab him through the arm before punching him in the face sending him sprawling backwards a good way before he can recover, but by that point you can already see your vision beginning to fade from the rivers of blood pouring out of you. You struggle to remain on your feet as your vision dims slightly, and a wave of nausea hits ...

Chronus
You slash the bandit two more times as you step under his guard leaving two long cuts through the bandit's shirt leaving a rather large bleeding x on him. Even if the man manages to survive this fight he won't last long if the blood soaking his shirt is any sign as to the truth of that ...

Bandit Swordsman 1
Stumbling forward the swordsman attempts to attack Chronus, but can't even find the strength to raise his sword far enough to get close to the scholar turned adventurer.

Trevor Abbot
You continue to aim for the swordsman fighting with Chronus, and manage to score a hit on the dying swordsman pushing him over the edge and sending him to his death as the corpse hits the ground with an arrow sticking from its back. You almost sigh with relief before you see two more bandits come screaming into the courtyard and you cry out in alarm to the rest of your team ...

-2 Small Game Arrows, +2 Experience Points

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucy Verim, Lyeos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clair Gemini, scapheap (click to show/hide)

-----

Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Axeman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Archer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bandit Crossbowman (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bandit Swordsman 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:33:31 pm by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2014, 08:08:30 pm »

Stabby stabby.

Edit: Wait, what in the motherfuck? The guy I was fighting died and I didn't get the xp from it?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »

Lucy does her best to take out the bandit attacking David!

Edit: Wait, what in the motherfuck? The guy I was fighting died and I didn't get the xp from it?

Were you even there for the whole necromancer thing? Yeah. XP for killing, not dealing the most damage. You didn't kill him.
Take a closer look at this text!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2014, 08:11:18 pm »

XP goes to the person who scores the killing blow when it comes to mooks.
XP in boss fights go to everyone who damages the boss, bonus XP go to anyone who manages to give a good advantage to the group, and bonus XP also goes to the one who scores the killing blow.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero - Turn 16: The Odds Begin to Turn
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »

So I get absolutely nothing for doing most of the work and getting injured for doing it?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2014, 08:13:22 pm »

Er... Whoops. Sorry, Derm. >.>

Fire off some small game arrows Bandit Archer-wards.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2014, 08:13:51 pm »

So I get absolutely nothing for doing most of the work and getting injured for doing it?
Yep, well you can take the loot before others, but yeah pretty much.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2014, 08:14:31 pm »

Okay then.

Fucking go stab those two one hp guys. I get two stabs right? One each. Remind self to necrotic blast anyone who kill steals me.

(Seriously I should get at least half xp for that.)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 55