Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 56749 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

Tried Google Translate, but it just says "There is an error in the input content. Please try again." Not all that helpful.
Apparently the captcha only lasts for two minutes? That's a pretty short time to re-input all the data and find the proper characters >_>

Yeah had mine run out of time a few times too. Just keep at it, eventually you'll get it. Meanwhile you're learning/memorizing hiragana :P

I've been through the tutorial so far and I like the combat system and the ability to carry 3 weapon sets, which allows some nice variety in playstyle on the fly. Another neat thing is that all those popups have selectable text so the  untranslated few(seriously get those translation patches) can just be copied and dumped into a translator.

Edit: I'm currently trying to wrap my head around certain things. For example I talked to an npc with a blue list icon over her head and then got the message "New Client Order(s) from Xie (Spring) have been added." I have been looking around but can't figure out what this order thing is or where to have a look at it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:53:17 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I swear I had it perfect a couple of times, but I keep getting error messages.

copy the error message and dump it into google translate. Also, a lot of characters are pretty similar like あおちるわね and then there are combined characters like (kya)きゃ which is made up of き(ki) and や(ya).

Also, the cirnopedia wiki thing seems to be offline, is that recent? Does the website often have issues?

Cirnopedia is working for me now, I dunno if it was off when you posted this. Could've been! A lot of english resources are fan hosted, and while they are remarkably stable for such things I'm sure there's downtime here and there, intentional or otherwise.

Glad you're enjoying the game also!

Tried Google Translate, but it just says "There is an error in the input content. Please try again." Not all that helpful.
Apparently the captcha only lasts for two minutes? That's a pretty short time to re-input all the data and find the proper characters >_>

Yep, the captcha is the biggest pain in the ass you'll find, because japanese is positivly baffling if you're not formally acquainted with it. And even then. Once you're past that you're home free, don't worry. Keep at it! You may already be done with it by now.

(on the "new orders from x" popup)

Sometimes, when certain conditions are fufilled, you get new client orders from people. Xie (japan characters) (Spring), is in the shopping district, near the center cake thing. If she doesn't have one, don't worry about it too much, the only really important client orders are from koffie. She unlocks basically every important thing in the game, including new areas, the level cap, and new classes. So yeah, pay attention to koffie.

And finally, since making a guild (they're called teams in PSO2), takes about ten seconds and there's been vague interest and effort, I'll probably make one. I'm putting forth the name DwarvesInSpace and if anyone doesn't mind that then I'll go ahead and do it. Similarly, Ygdrad, if you wanna get in touch lemme know your username somehow and I'll add ya to my friends list and eventually the team. You can't do it remotely, I don't think.

Annnd in a bit I'm gonna write up some starter advice and post it in the thread/trasplant it to the OP, because some of it is semi important and I wrote this at like 1 AM when I was slightly out of it and forgot it!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Unfortunately I had to go to work without successfully registering :[
Gonna try again later tonight/tomorrow.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cirnopedia still isn't working for me... weird.

Edit: Well at least the homepage is somewhat half-working.
"This page (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert"

Edit 2: Lisa is scary!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:51:43 pm by Ygdrad »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Not sure then! Someone on a 4chan archive thread mentioned that just hitting the "try for live version" button reconnected them, so you might try that. Otherwise Iunno.

Also I feel now is an apt time to mention that the game updates/does maintenance on tuesdays every week, and is usually down overnight-ish for people in the US. Maints are like, six hours, it's kinda crazy.

Unfortunately I had to go to work without successfully registering :[
Gonna try again later tonight/tomorrow.

Alas! Better luck next time. If I had any hints I'd give em!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Some assorted starting info bits!

Spoiler: Advice (click to show/hide)

annnd this is going in the OP for future reference, not that there's anything super notable.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

FINALLY! Gonna start the patching process before I go to bed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Bleh. When I try to submit the registration form, a Chrome error popup shows up saying "undefined" and nothing else happens. The wonders of computers hating me. :<
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Bleh. When I try to submit the registration form, a Chrome error popup shows up saying "undefined" and nothing else happens. The wonders of computers hating me. :<

Found some people on PSO world with the same issue, you need to put a 0 before the month if it's a single digit month! I'd imagine this applies for days too. If all this fails you might disable the translation add on they reccomended and use the screenshots, as apparently that can cause issues too.

If none of that works feel free to come back and let me know. You can also just PM me if you don't wanna use the thread.

---

Also, fair warning to everyone, if you're like me and play in the latter half of the day (I'm in CDT), PSO will be down from like... I wanna say 6-7 PM, but it could be as early as 3-4/late as 9-10 PM, to 4 AM (again in CDT). This happens once a week, maint/patch. If you play earlier in the day, you should be fine up to about that point.

And similarly if you want in the team (guild), let me know your usernames when you sign up. And if you don't want in the team feel free to let me know anyway if you want to buddy around with me. The game is fairly easy if you get the hang of dodging around early on, but it does beef up fairly quickly.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:38:53 am by Seriyu »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile

Well, it actually worked when it was in moonrunes. I suppose I can try again later to get the captcha right, since that was the error this time.

Progress, hoy!
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Good to hear! Another reminder to everyone that ship 2 is the place to be, I forgot if I mentioned that. If you signed up on another ship, there are free server switches up to level 30, so you can fix that, should you chose to!

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I'm kinda confused as to this game's relationship with the original PSO2 without the episode 2 suffix. I've played on the Japanese PSO2 server two years ago to something like level 35 IIRC, so I'm not sure if the character will carry over to the Episode 2 version. I think the character was on ship 5 so I think I'm going to need to make a new character anyways though. :P

Just finished the download moments ago, will post back with my ID once done.

EDIT: Apparently my character is only level 20, lol. But it's still requesting the premium currency for a ship transfer, so I think I'll be making a new character then.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:52:54 am by FluidDynamite »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Color me genuinely interested.
I'm going to TRY downloading this tonight.
And then if I get that fall I'll try to download it for days.
And then hopefully I don't have trouble running it, :D

EDIT: Also, I've played Phantasy Star 0 on the DS, and can the non mage classes still use Technics? Or spells, or whatever they are now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:03:09 am by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Just ran the benchmark program.  Apparently I'm operating normally but may want to lower a few settings.  Otherwise, why did no one tell me that this was now "Monster Hunter In Space"?!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just ran the benchmark program.  Apparently I'm operating normally but may want to lower a few settings.  Otherwise, why did no one tell me that this was now "Monster Hunter In Space"?!
I was too busy rushing to lv20, sorry :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35