Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 56870 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Downloading 20GB is brutal.  In the meantime, anyone got advice on leveling or things?  I recall those little companion guys had a set leveling path that could be done wrong, and I don't want mine wrong :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Hey Seriyu, what's your invite code? I figure you deserve some extra goodies for starting the thread and all :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

What the fuck is with this Capcha.
How is anyone supposed to do this.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Played the heck out of pso back in the day, suppose I should give this a go sometime as well.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why did no one tell me that this was now "Monster Hunter In Space"?!
I've never played a Monster Hunter game before but I've been thinking about getting into it, and this has me curious now...

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dear god, that captcha. I haven't been that put off by something since the last time I attempted to make edible food with something that was not a microwave.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Hey Seriyu, what's your invite code? I figure you deserve some extra goodies for starting the thread and all :P

Go ahead and use the arks layer guy's code, it's at the bottom of the signup page, dude did a lot more for the community then me, and I think you just get premium currency which I'll probably just blow on something dumb anyway. :P

why did no one tell me that this was now "Monster Hunter In Space"?!
I've never played a Monster Hunter game before but I've been thinking about getting into it, and this has me curious now...

I'd honestly say monster hunter is better in mechanics, there's a lot more support for the dodging, monsters are more well put together, etc. PSO2 is great and similar to monster hunter but I'd say it's not quite the same. Definitely check out MH!

Downloading 20GB is brutal.  In the meantime, anyone got advice on leveling or things?  I recall those little companion guys had a set leveling path that could be done wrong, and I don't want mine wrong :P

Mags have greatly simplified! No more are there rare mags and such (there are, but you need mag devices from events), every mag path has three steps, and it determines what photon blast you get. If you want more info on photon blasts, look that up, that is beyond my ken currently. PSO world is a great place to look for guides, although do note everyone there is kind've cranky if you intend to post.

This is also gonna be a mini guide on stats, so yeah.

Basically there are seven stats for mags and characters, S-atk, R-atk, T-atk, Dex S-def, R-def, T-def

S(strike)-attack is melee attack, R-Atk is ranged attack, and T-atk is Tech attack. They're all self explanatory along with most of the defenses.

Dex, however, lowers damage variance. Here's the thing. Most weapons above 7 stars have a natural, invisible bonus that makes their damage variance 90% - 100%, as opposed to the normal base 55% - 100%. So dex is fairly useless for anyone but bravers, who can convert that dex into damage, and even then they usually only get 50 max. Every other class in the game pumps their attack stat. There's also some logic in pumping dex for damage stability so you can extend weapons for that extra attack while getting hit by the extension penalty of removing that innate 90%-100% damage stability buff. Some people also raise their S-def (R-def/T-def aren't typically worth it because most, if not all of those attacks can and often are dodged), but that's widely considered to be a niche build and out of the metagame, because most people just dodge shit. This is also why the hunter defensive tree is widely underused. It does have some use in a more private gang because ya know, you can sort've predict what people do. But it's still not terribly great.

tl;dr; max S/R/T-atk depending on class if you're minmaxey, unless you're a braver, then 125 s-atk 25 dex, if you want to extend high end weapons for a little extra attack max dex, not really worth it IMO, if you don't care and want to be different max S-def and run a hunter tank build. This is all based on hearsay so I may be wrong-ish on some minor things. Notably I'm unsure of the exact amount of dex on a braver mag.

Color me genuinely interested.
I'm going to TRY downloading this tonight.
And then if I get that fall I'll try to download it for days.
And then hopefully I don't have trouble running it, :D

EDIT: Also, I've played Phantasy Star 0 on the DS, and can the non mage classes still use Technics? Or spells, or whatever they are now.

Unsure. I tried using resta early in my career but I couldn't get it to work. I dunno if I was doing it wrong or what. At any rate you can eventually get an all class usable rod/talis/wand and use techs that way if you have a mighty need. Maybe even subclass force/techer if you're feeling particularly sassy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:11:33 pm by Seriyu »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

Looked into this at release and was waiting for a decent translation (Sega of America was meant to do one, but like many things, they haven't done squat). I'll probably sign up once my PC issues are sorted if the fan translation is any good.

The ability to actually dodge an attack with skill instead of stats is a beautiful thing in any MMO.
It's a game. Have fun.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Translation is.... good where it's translated! There's some stuff missing, but the plot is translated, and all the important stuff, skills, skill descriptions, etc are translated.

Mostly sidequest text isn't translated. And recent updates take a while to get translated, so some of the dark falz loser (more on him later) stuff isn't translated.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

I'll be trying this to see if 4GB of ram and AMD Radeon HD 6310 can handle it.

Who wants to get a bonus from the invite code?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

20 gigabytes
;.;
Ill see you guys in a few weeks, if I can run it. I seem to meet MOST of the requirements, and I reckon I can probably just jack the settings WAY down, so YOLO.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Seems like most of our Mabi guild is moving here.

I'll be playing range CAST because that's what I use in the PSP games.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to try Newman Braver, and then Newman Fighter, though this may change, as I will probably go through many metamorphose afore this capcha is satisfied

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

20 gigabytes
;.;
Ill see you guys in a few weeks, if I can run it. I seem to meet MOST of the requirements, and I reckon I can probably just jack the settings WAY down, so YORO~^^.
Fixed :P
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

Fuck.

Our internet keeps cutting off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35