Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 56893 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2014, 12:04:35 pm »

Bumping this up to see if anyone is playing/can actually connect now.

Bouncer is a very fun class. Time Attack money is nerfed and daily COs money is buffed so no more TAs all day eveyday just to get monies for shiny.

Also skill trees were changed now so no more taking useless skills to get to the good stuff.

Not sure if ISPs still blocking this.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 06, 2014, 12:08:51 pm »

Bumping this up to see if anyone is playing/can actually connect now.

Bouncer is a very fun class. Time Attack money is nerfed and daily COs money is buffed so no more TAs all day eveyday just to get monies for shiny.

Also skill trees were changed now so no more taking useless skills to get to the good stuff.

Not sure if ISPs still blocking this.

Still not possible to directly connect with many ISPs, but CyberKitsune's PSO2 Proxy is one-click to setup and works perfectly. Link: http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/

Bouncer is a great addition, and I particularly enjoy jet boots. Lots of nice updates; really a shame I wrote PSO2 off for a few months before finding out about the proxy.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 06, 2014, 12:15:49 pm »

I'm actually on right now and we have Verison. So that can connect.

Hartwin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 06, 2014, 05:21:34 pm »

I was one of the people who paid $100 back in the 1990's for the 16 bit cartridge of Phantasy Star 4! (and that is when it was new and just released!)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:23:24 pm by Hartwin »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2014, 06:19:42 pm »

Yeah, I'm unfortunately playing with a different group now (just restarted a couple of days ago in fact, on ship 1) and yeah, it's a lot easier to deal with the ISP junk now. Can heartily reccomend cyberkitsune, works great.

Virtually all PA's got really buffed, there's a new crafting system for PA's (I dunno the specifics yet), things are generally a lot more level balance wise. New area, to boot. New mining defense EQ involving GIANT(ish) ROBOTS

Bouncers are sort've a magic/melee thing, dual swords do obscene physical damage, and boots aren't bad either, on top of them being able to cast techs. Bouncers are really good right now.

Next major patch is at the end of november, it'll add new PA's, (notably fighters will get some kind of dash with an absurd amount of range on it, which should help them a lot) raise the level cap (by five levels I think), and add a new skill (that's skill point skill, not PAs) to every class. Techers get some kind of revive field, hunters get an all direction guard, I forget the others. I feel like they're mostly passives like the hunter one.

So yeah, safe to re-enter if you're interested!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2014, 06:34:24 pm »

At least hand me the team leadership so people can join me at ship 2. I have too much stuff now in ship 2 to move.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #456 on: November 07, 2014, 12:11:22 am »

The team leader character got deleted on ship 02 so either team leader got shifted or the guild exploded. I kind've assumed nobody was still in it, honestly.

Feel free to remake if some random inactive person has leadership privledges now, sorry about that! We weren't too far on team points anyway.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2014, 12:35:30 am »

I'm pretty sure its tied to account since pretty much everyone but me had alts and we didn't have to go through registering them if they're the same account.

Can't really move out of ship 2 anymore since I'm at VH now and spent close to 3mil crafting this jet boots to be used by force.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:37:18 am by majikero »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

Anyone still playing/planning to play this? Was thinking of returning to check out all the changes.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I think about it sometimes, but the idea of spending a week+ downloading the client always makes me reconsider.

Last time I searched for a mirror all I found was links to the SEA version which is, apparently the "bad" version or something, I don't know.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

Still hoping that one day Project Polaris (bringing PSO2 to the west) will become fully playable. I enjoyed the game well enough back when I played for a bit, but jumping through hoops in order to play again doesn't appeal to me, either.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still hoping that one day Project Polaris (bringing PSO2 to the west) will become fully playable. I enjoyed the game well enough back when I played for a bit, but jumping through hoops in order to play again doesn't appeal to me, either.

I wouldn't really call Project Polaris' mission bringing PSO2 to the west or making it easier to get into the game. It's a private server project so PSO2 can get SchtHack equivalents for when SEGA inevitably shuts down PSO2 or completely drops the ball (PSO2 is making bank right now in Japan, but you can never ever assume anything is safe when SEGA is involved). The very nature of MMO private servers means you will likely have to jump through tons of hoops to get it working.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

The biggest hoops you need to jump is the registration. After that, just download the tweaker. Everything is there including proxies.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

The tweaker has the ability to install and patch the game pretty fast from what i saw yesterday.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile

If people are interested in playing again, I'll make a new team on ship 2 since the old team is pretty much dead.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35