Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 56909 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if we'd have enough people to make a team active-enough to keep everyone playing. We're probably better off keeping track of each other and being in an active team. Each time I see bay12 try an mmo and make their own guild/clan/whatever, the whole thing inevitably dies when the activity declines and there just isn't enough to keep the others interested.

I sorted out my one-time-password issues and will be trying the game out when maintenance ends in 1-2 hours.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:14:06 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

It seems we're still alive. Anyone looking for a stray player looking to avoid shitstorm-type drama? I'd be willing to depart my current team for a Bay12 one.

IGN: FineMotion

I think about it sometimes, but the idea of spending a week+ downloading the client always makes me reconsider.

Last time I searched for a mirror all I found was links to the SEA version which is, apparently the "bad" version or something, I don't know.

It was okay, except for a few translation mishaps. But the tip of the iceberg is that, the market itself simply screwed itself, with things costing upwards to 100 millions.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:09:06 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile

I resumed playing a few weeks ago, so if we all can play together again that would be good.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

give us your ingame player ID, mine's unsurprisingly ygdrad. I usually have steam showing up when I'm playing. Throw me a friend request.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile

In-game name is Annimede, but I tend to play at late times (7-11pm, Eastern Time).

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.
« Reply #470 on: August 10, 2015, 04:44:23 am »

Various things pulled me away from the game a couple months ago but I'm once again returning to it to check out the new changes. There are new PA's, new maps, new challenge quests, PA customization is now a thing, maxing a class gives an account-wide stat bonus to all characters, a ton more things I haven't found out about yet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 10, 2015, 08:49:41 am »

Last I checked the game was blocked on chinese ISP security issues.  Is this resolved?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 11, 2015, 06:19:20 am »

Last I checked the game was blocked on chinese ISP security issues.  Is this resolved?

I don't know about china but but most people in canada/usa don't seem to have issues connecting and for those who still do the tweaker comes with its own built-in vpn to bypass it now.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:19 pm »

And my OTP just had issues; won't function.

I quit JP server. I'll get around to unbanning myself should I feel interested again.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nearly 3 year necro, ouch. Hey, my roommate and I recently started playing PSO2 again and we were wondering if anyone here still played or was interested in playing again. A lot was added, lots of quality of life changes, new classes, more story, easier access to high end weaponry, no limitations for buying from player stores, new game modes, I'm still trying to catch up with all the new stuff myself, but I'm having fun.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, since it probably couldn't hurt to necro this ancient thread, apparently this is coming over to the West. As in, officially.

Y'know, after 7 years of saying they might.

I believe they said it'll release in early 2020, and include literally everything.

Source? I'm definitely questioning the "everything" part. International licensing is something japanese game publishers try to avoid most of the time, removing japanese voice overs in western versions, removing cross-promotion event content like in old monster hunter games...

Edit: Nevermind, saw the E3 trailer. I guess the only real way to convince some japanese publishers that their games are worth bringing over is to have the english community take over one of their servers and jump through hoops to throw money at them.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:15:04 am by Ygdrad »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

So.  this is now already released in the west out on Xbox and confirmed release date of the 27th for pc.  I try not to get hype for games, but since I was willing to jump through all the hoops necessary to play the JP version years ago I feel I am safe to get hyped.

Anyone else want aboard the hastily photoshopped hype train?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have never really been able to get into MMORPGs so I dunno. If the game is basically "sci-fi Monster Hunter" then I might be interested but I dunno how long I'd be able to get invested without anyone to play with. I can hardly get my usual group of friends to play anything anymore because they seem to only really be interested in strategy games, so it's been pretty rough...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Its kinda like phantasy star monster hunter, but with less emphasis on the big monsters and more on missions where you fight smaller monsters in dungeon or forests and such, often with a boss fight at the end. The game has a plot but as I played on a Japanese server I didn't get to experience the story fully, as I was basically playing through a vpn to be able to play the game at all, and my client was modded with a English translation for parts of the story but not all of it.  So while I have a basic jist of what is happening I often don't know the fine details.  One of the reasons I'm hype for the NA release, I want to know what was happening outside the 'Lisa is a gun loving psychopath android' memes

There are events quite often called emergency codes where you can fight major plot bosses outside of the plot usually without the full context to prevent completely spoiling things. That's kind of monster huntery, in the way that in MHW the big plot monsters would randomly show up to be refought.  Difference being you don't have to have fought them in the plot first. And missions have different difficulties so you can revisit old missions at a higher level for better rewards.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:27:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm definitely going to be playing it when it comes out.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35