Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.  (Read 56896 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2020, 12:38:50 am »

Yeah, techter or something like that as a subclass. It's the wand class with support-y stuff, also literally the only class I saw with an unconditional passive PP regen skill, heh, which was my entire reason to choose it, everything else is just sorta' extra. Beelined for 10/10 PP regen, then grabbed resta boost and some of the support AOE up stuff, so far... currently investing in light focus to see if it ups the effect of resta or not. My heals are not exactly great right now (80 or so per cast), but they do what I got the skill to do (top off between fights).

I've been avoiding the perfect stuff so far, mostly because I cannot be arsed at all to try to do the timing involved with it. For attacks it's just ~more clicking~ and for guarding, like... half the time it could conceivably be relevant I'm in a bloody mosh pit of bodies swinging crap at me and it's hard to even tell where I am, much less which attack to try to block right :P

... and the other half I'm too busy spamming fulcrum swing to try to make a boss/big enemy dead to do it, too, so...

I'm certainly weaker for it, but the effort involved in leveraging the stuff is just more than I want to deal with if I can just not, especially when the play is so much smoother without the awkward timing crap. So far, working out pretty okay, ha. Be a while before I give much of a hoot about the end-game crazy raid stuff.

And yeah, noticed guard stance is, well, a stance. Had assumed it was a toggle right from the start, and you apparently have to toggle it to get benefit from the fire/poison purge effect... which is super unfortunate and not at all expected -- I figured going in those skills would just render you immune or periodically auto-purge the effects and nope, happens when you turn it on (or off, I think). Still kinda' helpful, but not nearly as much as I thought they'd be.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Fighting a capital ship with a laser greatsword.
« Reply #511 on: August 17, 2020, 04:56:00 am »

I also do not use particularly meta builds.  I'm mainly a Bow Braver/Summoner, but I'm also a Force/Techer with 15 points in EVERY element.  If I wanted to be meta I would probably go katana Braver with Fighter sub, and in Fo/Te only pick one or two elements to specialize in.

And my understanding is that no, light focus light mastery does not buff your restas.  There should be a specific skill in the techer tree that makes resta stronger, I forget it's name off the top of my head.Advanced Resta.  Also having a higher level version of resta makes a big difference, and if you want to go even further beyond you may be able to craft a more powerful resta or find someone to craft one for you.  A customized Radiant Resta can boost potency by up to 90% for a small increase in PP cost.  However, in Br/Su wielding a bow with no tech bonus on it whatsoever, my fully charged unmodded restas heal for about 300 a tick 4 times, plenty to fully heal even a summoner's massive HP pool so it may just scale better at higher levels.

EDIT: Another less reliable but potentially more potent alternative to resta may be megiverse.  Megiverse is essentially a big lifesteal aura, you cast megiverse and then hit something while yer standing in it's aoe and you lifesteal for something like 10% of the damage done.  It is absolutely overkill in endgame content, lifestealing for multiple thousands per hit on the regular.  But it might be a bit more effective than resta at low levels if your damage is high enough.

EDIT2: I actually logged in to look up the names of things.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 05:23:56 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]