Unused

Ignore
- 0 (0%)
This
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2014, 02:49:54 am

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51

Author Topic: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD  (Read 98122 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Aetherworld Prison - RTD
« Reply #735 on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:18 am »

Rest on the roof. If, by cruel fate, this is the same roof Jack is heading to, flee to another one and rest there.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 12, 2015, 03:00:42 am »

Try practicing my astral magic again.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 12, 2015, 06:01:10 am »

Test my strength on the nearby building, (punch it)
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 12, 2015, 08:13:00 am »

Order a quick scan of my functional systems, and assess the damage that has been done to me. Keep charging, and kick the wall.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 12, 2015, 11:08:19 am »

Loot all

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 25, 2015, 09:33:33 pm »

Turn 45

Update Music.

Order a quick scan of my functional systems, and assess the damage that has been done to me. Keep charging, and kick the wall.

You kick the wall, but it soon becomes painfully obvious that you are not physically strong enough to knock it down. Meanwhile, the scan reveals that you have received damage to your head, which has limited your energy cooling and body coordination. Damage to your leg has prevented function walking, making your only method of movement a sort of limp. CHARGE: [6 + 1(CHARGE)] = 7, OVERSHOT.
Your arm-weapon is now at level five. It begins to grow very warm.

Loot all

You take all the loot of interest that you saw earlier, as well as (roll) a magical bag that feels light and supple, in which you shove that you're not planning to use immediately.

Insert the wire into the robot and briefly look over the electronics in the room.

You insert the wire into the robot; suddenly, the screen monitor begins to flash, and you are met with a picture of what looks like a dome. Large red letters spell: "WARNING: DOME INTEGRITY AT SIXTY PERCENT. IMMEDIATE EVACUATION SUGGESTED. EMERGENCY DOORS HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED."
The electronics you spot briefly before being distracted are (roll) nothing of considerable value; mostly just scrap, though there are a few useful components. You also spot an undamaged AI Core and a Cooling System.

Test my strength on the nearby building, (punch it)

You punch a nearby building; you feel a sharp pain, and your hand begins to hurt. Smooth.

Rest on the roof. If, by cruel fate, this is the same roof Jack is heading to, flee to another one and rest there.

You rest on the roof (roll). Fortunately, it is not the same roof that Jack was headed to. You are now fatigued.

SO MUCH FIRE... GOD DANGIT...
get onto the roof and look for some aloe vera or other medicines for burns so this stops annoying me, note entrances into buildings from the roofs

You get onto the roof and look for medicine, but (unsurprisingly) don't find any. You (roll) do not find any entrances directly into buildings from the roof; you'll have to hop off to get inside anywhere.

Try practicing my astral magic again.

You attempt to once again practice your astral magic. ASTRAL: [6] = 6, OVERSHOT
You create a blinding flash, dazing yourself (roll) but fortunately not affecting your ally, who is too focused on his own tasks. A basic understanding of Astral magic is now yours, and you might be able to understand a more complex spell now (Astral +1).
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

tjmaxx999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 26, 2015, 02:23:30 am »

Emergency exit? What are you talking about?
Open the door and do a quick sweep of the immediate area with my rifle.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 26, 2015, 03:01:14 am »

This form is kinda shity, turn back into a bird and get on top of the building to look for more prey.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 26, 2015, 09:09:29 am »

Check for Technomagic. Equip horn protectors. Level up my tinkering.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 26, 2015, 09:11:22 am »

Back the fuck away from the wall, charge for one more level, then fire. The moment after I fire, shield myself with my arms, and kneel, to prevent the shockwave and debris from doing any major damage.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 26, 2015, 03:00:03 pm »

Keep resting. If something 'oh carp'-worthy happens, just fly away.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tagerian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 26, 2015, 07:07:15 pm »

whatever
lay down, rest, assess wounds and figure out what i'm gonna have to find to heal properly

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 26, 2015, 07:57:48 pm »

Turn 46

Update Music.

Back the fuck away from the wall, charge for one more level, then fire. The moment after I fire, shield myself with my arms, and kneel, to prevent the shockwave and debris from doing any major damage.

Backing away from the wall, you charge your weapon to level six before unleashing it upon the wall. AIM: [5 + 5(Size of Target)] = 10
The laser hits a structural weak point, damaging it far more than it would've normally. A huge explosion rocks the area, as it is immersed in energy. ENDURANCE: [1] = 1.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.
RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE.

The sound of an explosion can be heard throughout the dome, followed by an earsplitting din. It is interrupted only by the occasional CRASH, which grows more and more frequent, before it is the only thing that can be heard; no other sound manages to rise above the ruckus of the building's structural collapse.

Suddenly, the wall which was initially impacted falls inward, pieces of it snapping off. The structural interior of the metal, made up of cords and wiring, are torn asunder as their structural matrix is removed from its upright position. As this wall begins to break without its supports, a chain reaction begins as the rest of the walls are unable to hold up the weight on their own. The dome collapses in upon itself, destroying anything caught within... A dark pink mist follows the collapse, settling among the ruined steel and wires, all that remains of the once-impressive structure.

And with it, the Aetherworld Prison has been destroyed. Nothing remains except for the mists of the Aetherworld...and what lies within them.

END OF PART ONE

I'll be taking a break from the Aetherworld Prison, perhaps starting up another game. Although I plan on continuing this story, I doubt it will be soon. I thank all of you who took part in the adventure; it was the first forum game I've run, and I've learned a lot. Everyone who posted in the final turn will be invited to the next Aetherworld game; though there is a chance your character did not escape the destruction of the prison: it does depend on your circumstances before the collapse. When I'm ready to continue, there will be a few changes, namely to the stat system. This one was highly imbalanced, and I found it difficult to keep track of skill gain (which led to quite a few problems). Once again, thank you for taking part, and I'll let you know when part two begins.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 26, 2015, 08:13:43 pm »

((Why didn't they take the bronze colossus's laser gun? That seems...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 26, 2015, 08:32:47 pm »

((Woops, looks like I broke the game. Sorry!))

((In all seriousness, Rune is probably gonna die instantly in the resulting crash. If he doesn't... I'll begin praying to him.))

((I think they didn't take the gun because it became an integral part of his systems :P. Also, it seems that this whole prison seems to have sorted itself out, what with everyone inside dying. The people of space have no more giant laser cannon colossi to fear! Heh.))
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51