Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 84

Author Topic: Hephaestus No Longer Exists: Crater thread.  (Read 175403 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus Techland: Big Brother is Watching
« Reply #750 on: October 29, 2014, 11:14:52 am »

For the MACS: in either system, can you outright purchase a module?  Do you have to pay to have it attached if you own it?

((In the second system you can outright purchase a module for its full cost, and exchanging it incurs no cost from then on.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 29, 2014, 04:57:52 pm »

*generic reminder to the council that I want to know their price for the pudgy robobody*

Also, Sean/Radio/Pyro/anyone else who can come up with good research projects and doesn't have a massively inflated post already, all three science crews are Idle now.  Just FYI.

Hephaestus administration things:

1.You said we could upgrade the general production power of hephaestus if we assigned a construction crew on it, and turned off the fleshpits?  We have a ready construction crew now, so start the upgrading.

2.Order a third Biochemical forge to be constructed.

3.Pester Simus with messages explaining what I'm doing and why, while asking for permission (then doing it anyway when she doesn't respond).  Also tell her not to get my body dirty or damaged while using it.

4.What stuff will we need to do once the current stage of the Spess Magick facility is finished?  What can we start doing now?

5.You've given a list of armor types before.  Can you share that with us?  I'd like to know what different grades of armor already exist.

Other stuff:

6.I've been curious about this for awhile, but can we heph people ever level up?  Maybe through dedicating turns to training or something? 

7.Sods- what's their str score, for wielding weapons?  I'd think that they would have five, due to their description, but then we saw a sod during the defense that was using an exoskeleton to wield a cutting laser, which has a str requirement of five.  Does that mean sods can't wield Sean's Spektr (str:5), or my Testament (str:4), without mechanical assistance? QQ

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 29, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »

((The council has discussed your project, I thought pw would post it. Basically, consensus right now is that 18 tokens for the whole suit seems fair, and 16 for the suit sans flight pack.

As for research, I'm gonna tie up one or two with my next generation armor research, once I have the time to do a bi post for it to explain it in detail to pw.

Also, will one of you please please work on the spess magick facilty? Just getting ready in advance (like getting those germ cells) will help tremendously. And that facility is magnitudes more important than any particular thing we could ever tinker.))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:06:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 29, 2014, 05:11:21 pm »

((...Okay, that sounds fair.  If it's sold to players, can the flight pack be added later?  If so, how much would that cost?

Also, I've been meaning to research what armor types already exist, in detail, because I know there's a much wider variety of armor beyond 'civic defender coats' 'avatar cloak' and 'battlesuit plate'.  I think we should really look at what already exists, and what is standard, before we go too far with our own armor research.

As far as the spess magick... I'm not really sure what we can do.  I thought PW said we can't clone anything for it, so we have to wait for something from the Sword.  I figured we'd get stuff once our alliance with Q'baja is cemented.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 29, 2014, 05:28:41 pm »

((If you are unsure what can be done, then look into it! Work from solid intell rather than guesswork.

And that armor is mostly because we have access to alien artifacts the UWM doesn't have. I did specify in my query to search for optimal solutions and take existing stuff into account, so for certain points on the cost vs protection graph there might be an optimal thing that already exists, yeah. Bu if you wanna do preliminary research, by all means be my guest.

About flight pack: will have to check how to do that with council (since just 2 tokens seems too cheap to me if sold as after-market option, but me and my intuition are hardly ways right!)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus Techland: Let the testing commence.
« Reply #755 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:04 am »

Piecewise, remember that research project from before, the one about armor that needed some artifacts? Now that everythi ng is here, could we start that research? Just imagine miya put it on queue before the mission if that's allright (mostly as not to waste more time later on).

Here are the details of it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could you give me the completion date using 1 science crew? And if I use 2, how much faster?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:33:55 am by Radio Controlled »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 30, 2014, 09:34:01 pm »

((Okay, I ran a search of this thread using "Charles" as the search term, and all that came up was @PyroDesu's post, I am presuming that is everything that I missed and need to know for now, provided that sometime in the interim, the entire planet didn't turn into some kind of colossal manipulator overload and/or Xan-assimilatee.))
Quote from: C. Leroux > Commander Ferratum-Inanis
I didn't think to consider that aspect, though in hindsight it does seem to be quite a flaw. Indeed, I suppose it would be limited in capacity as a last-resort, or to forcibly override incapacitated, expendable soldiers or to control something like that turret apparatus.

As for this prisoner, is there anything you wish for me to do in particular?
Charles marches over to where the prisoner is. Or more accurately, marches over to the prisoner's general location, making sure to keep out of their cell and "definite murder radius". Remaining outside of the "probable murder radius" as well would be preferable, but past experience seems to indicate that the area covered by the average person is apparently the size of an entire damn solar system. He observes the prisoner, examining their features and current behavior if possible.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #757 on: October 31, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »

Piecewise, remember that research project from before, the one about armor that needed some artifacts? Now that everythi ng is here, could we start that research? Just imagine miya put it on queue before the mission if that's allright (mostly as not to waste more time later on).

Here are the details of it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could you give me the completion date using 1 science crew? And if I use 2, how much faster?
We can begin it now. I'm not sure if there are crews available, but they would speed it up.

((Okay, I ran a search of this thread using "Charles" as the search term, and all that came up was @PyroDesu's post, I am presuming that is everything that I missed and need to know for now, provided that sometime in the interim, the entire planet didn't turn into some kind of colossal manipulator overload and/or Xan-assimilatee.))
Quote from: C. Leroux > Commander Ferratum-Inanis
I didn't think to consider that aspect, though in hindsight it does seem to be quite a flaw. Indeed, I suppose it would be limited in capacity as a last-resort, or to forcibly override incapacitated, expendable soldiers or to control something like that turret apparatus.

As for this prisoner, is there anything you wish for me to do in particular?
Charles marches over to where the prisoner is. Or more accurately, marches over to the prisoner's general location, making sure to keep out of their cell and "definite murder radius". Remaining outside of the "probable murder radius" as well would be preferable, but past experience seems to indicate that the area covered by the average person is apparently the size of an entire damn solar system. He observes the prisoner, examining their features and current behavior if possible.
Which prisoner? Headless or our favorite suicide bomber?

Alright. We still have to work out how exactly all this rental stuff will work, but we can always set up a Booth in the Armory which would handle the attaching and such.

Yeah, we should get on that sometime. Does the Council have any input on this?

We have my original idea where there is no rent cost as such, but every module has a "tier" of a sort, and can only be equipped when a suitable tier of license is purchased. License is either downgraded or revoked if modules end up destroyed or lost, requiring its re-purchase. The suit is customizable with the use of an assembly stand that both dispenses and attaches/detaches the suit modules, costing one or two tokens per use. Modules are very hard to remove without it, tampering with the modules leads to revoked license.

We also have the system PW offhandedly proposed, where modules can be leased at half their regular token cost, with the option of full purchase. The assembly stand is still a requirement, costing a token or two per use, plus/minus the difference in lease cost between the modules selected and the modules already equipped. In this system fully purchased modules can be exchanged at no cost, and can be modified with no repercussions as long as they either remain compatible with the MACS, or aren't used with it again. Losing or destroying a module results in the user being "in debt" to the Armory, for the remaining half of the module's full cost, and cannot make any purchases there, MACS or otherwise, until that debt is paid off.

Which would be better? (or which would be easiest to modify to work best?)

So what are the maximum angles and movements the computer will allow? Will it let someone go superman or are we basically talking short leaps, hovering, everything very safe and vertical.

I'd say normally it'll keep the user safe. Jump, hover, change altitude, land. No acrobatics - that's the default automatic control. Kinda like the jumpboot upgrade for the MECs in XCOM:Enemy Within, if you played that, mostly for navigating the terrain. There should still be an "expert" option, for manual controls. For maneuvering in space, for instance, or if you really do need to fly away as quickly as possible. Can come with an extra Dex check or something, I don't know.
Does sharpening their knives count?

I'm gonna have a conversation with them for a while and get back to you, so I don't give false impressions of what is possible while they wail and gnash their teeth in the background.

Alright, that seems fine. Word of warning, it might happen where they are "Locked" in a jump from one place to another and can't maneuver during it.

*generic reminder to the council that I want to know their price for the pudgy robobody*

Also, Sean/Radio/Pyro/anyone else who can come up with good research projects and doesn't have a massively inflated post already, all three science crews are Idle now.  Just FYI.

Hephaestus administration things:

1.You said we could upgrade the general production power of hephaestus if we assigned a construction crew on it, and turned off the fleshpits?  We have a ready construction crew now, so start the upgrading.

2.Order a third Biochemical forge to be constructed.

3.Pester Simus with messages explaining what I'm doing and why, while asking for permission (then doing it anyway when she doesn't respond).  Also tell her not to get my body dirty or damaged while using it.

4.What stuff will we need to do once the current stage of the Spess Magick facility is finished?  What can we start doing now?

5.You've given a list of armor types before.  Can you share that with us?  I'd like to know what different grades of armor already exist.

Other stuff:

6.I've been curious about this for awhile, but can we heph people ever level up?  Maybe through dedicating turns to training or something? 

7.Sods- what's their str score, for wielding weapons?  I'd think that they would have five, due to their description, but then we saw a sod during the defense that was using an exoskeleton to wield a cutting laser, which has a str requirement of five.  Does that mean sods can't wield Sean's Spektr (str:5), or my Testament (str:4), without mechanical assistance? QQ

Done. That will take a while. Give it 3 weeks.

A month

Pestering Simus, against your better judgement.

Right now it's mostly just blasting and digging. Once a place is set, they'll build the the general building and then the more advanced stuff will need to be imported. We're going to need Human germ cells, reproductive cells. Sperm and eggs, specifically. Nothing cloned either, just good old fashion home grown ones. Preferably ones that haven't been in stasis too much or exposed to too much radiation or...general stuff like that. That should be easy.

We'll also need a fuck ton of material. Any material. Doesn't matter. Just need mass. A planet's worth at least. We could just use a planet, I suppose, but in that case we have to pick one.

Could also manufacture the spears, if you have a very VERY fine manufacturing plant.

Where did I give this before? I don't remember doing that.

Wait for it...I can't give you missions until there are things to fuck up and there's been nothing to fuck up yet besides the fleshhorror.

Their str is something pretty high. Assume they have at least 15 for the +1 bonus. They're big dudes after all. They only wore exoskeletons because, well, why not? Even if you can use a heavy weapon, why not make it easier if you can.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 31, 2014, 01:56:08 pm »

We can begin it now. I'm not sure if there are crews available, but they would speed it up.

there are currently 3 crews available. I'd like to start the project using 1 of them. Could you give me the date it's done?

Secondly, we have a rather large backlog of artifacts. To what extent are we allowed to use science crews on them? Should we do preliminary research ourselves, and then let them reverse-engineer it? Because doing it all manually will take very long (especially seeing how our two most active members both don't seem to like doing that). Do you make a difference between mission artifacts and Nyartifacts in terms of whether we can use a sciene crew on it?

Wait for it...I can't give you missions until there are things to fuck up and there's been nothing to fuck up yet besides the fleshhorror.
And if we thought of a mission ourselves, could that count?

It's good to know what still needs to be done for the facility, thanks for checking that. So, what planet shall we sacrifice to the spess magic god? I'd think one of the (sub)jovian ones perhaps?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:21:01 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #759 on: October 31, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

Dear Sean,

We have reviewed your rental idea.

Our response is as follows:

Nah.

Love,
The Council.

XXXOOXX

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 31, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »

((Which prisoner was @PyroDesu referring to? I didn't even know we had more than one.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 31, 2014, 06:37:33 pm »

((Which prisoner was @PyroDesu referring to? I didn't even know we had more than one.))

((I'd interrogate Leo first, the headless cultist can be dealt with later.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 31, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »

((I'd interrogate Leo first, the headless cultist can be dealt with later.))
((Wait, there's a headless cultist? Is it bad that the first thought that comes to mind is to give him a Xanling head?))
Which prisoner? Headless or our favorite suicide bomber?
Suicide Bomber.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:20 pm »

((I could do that, but now that I know certain things I know that's a horrible idea.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 02, 2014, 11:27:21 am »

A message comes in from field operations.

Glorious Factory World officers,

The Most Holy Steve has tasked me with communicating with you in terms of what we can offer an allied world for support.  What space-based defenses can we provide?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 84