Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 84

Author Topic: Hephaestus No Longer Exists: Crater thread.  (Read 177197 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus Techland: Big Brother is Watching
« Reply #1050 on: April 03, 2015, 07:34:36 pm »

Quote from: Maurice to: Simus
It appears that my new responsibilities shall not interfere with the position you offered, so I gladly accept it. Furthermore, I volunteered to assist with mission planning in regard to medical supplies from now on, and General accepted it.
(Sorry for official-speak, but I suppose you might have to put excerpts in some official reports later. Also, absolutely not compromising your integrity and impartiality in any way.)

I am asking you as Administrator of Engineering to allow prototyping and shipping with the next supply run two cans of "Aqua Mortis" (fleshknitter) for the purpose of field-test. I know it is due to depart soon, but I hope there resources and time are enough to spare. This new mission appears likely to put them to good use, so I believe it to be the most appropriate time to finally carry out the testing.
I have also reworked the MCP designs of yours, per our older discussion, and finished MCP-II designs. It was most efficient to keep the fleshknitter tank as an optional upgrade, decreasing the overall production cost to mere three tokens-equivalent. I am also asking you in the same capacity to allow prototyping and shipping three suits with fleshknitter upgrades with the next supply run. The sooner our colleagues on the Sword and elsewhere can get them tested and ready for regular armory stock inclusion, the better.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 07, 2015, 05:55:38 am »

Heads up that RC has gotten back to me here on the final prices for the Kugelblitz(likely 4 for the changes to the launcher, and still 2 tokens per missile, 4 if nuke round :/), so I'm considering the changes I made final.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 07, 2015, 06:09:33 am »

Well, there isn't a lot of wiggle room, and 1 token seemed a bit low. Only other option is something like 2 tokens for 3 rockets, but that also seems unwieldy.

Besides, nothing seemed to have really changed about the rockets, so why would the price really change drastically?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 07, 2015, 06:37:10 am »

Well, there isn't a lot of wiggle room, and 1 token seemed a bit low. Only other option is something like 2 tokens for 3 rockets, but that also seems unwieldy.

Besides, nothing seemed to have really changed about the rockets, so why would the price really change drastically?

I get that, not criticizing the decision :P. Oh well, could still be a nice secondary weapon you keep a couple of shots for to hit big targets with
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 07, 2015, 07:13:45 am »

((Please, keep the OOC discussion out of here. We have Hephaestus OOC and/or Tinker for cases like this.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 13, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

Quote from: Zayne -> Heph
Excuse me but would it be possible to get a prototype of a vehicle I've tinkered up? I'll attach the schematics here,
Spoiler: Hover Board (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1056 on: April 14, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »

Ok, at this point we can assume that the heph shipment  as headed to the sword and returned with a cargo full of everything you asked to be sent over, as well as Maurice and The Doc, who are pushing the stasis chamber with Jim's body in it. They are going to head immediately down and into the depths of the base to work on secret things. Anton, I suggest you follow them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1057 on: April 14, 2015, 01:50:09 pm »

Thread is unfrozen by the way.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 14, 2015, 03:33:05 pm »

Ahhh, Hephaestus...

New life, new place to call home... new work, and new challenges.

As he pushed the stasis chamber down the ramp, Maurice Sanctor cast a single glance and a sideways smile. More accurately, it was a half-grin, amused and confident, the likes of which could not have been seen on his face since the days of his internship.

It was cold.
New purpose. ...Yet also an old friend to see again.
Push!
Past Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 14, 2015, 05:58:04 pm »

((Nyeh...  I meant to ask PW questions before the thread got unfrozen.

Oh well, I'll just assume the reasonable answer for now and ask later.  Actual turn questions coming sometime later. Probably a wiki update too.

@Shaporia
Nobody is answering your prototype request because Pyro is in charge of that.  We can talk, but aren't allowed to make a final decision.  Just FYI.))

When Maurice steps off the ramp, he notices someone seemingly waiting for him.  It's a well-dressed synthflesh man with a nonstandard face... which seems to be catatonic.  He's completely frozen, even as Maurice approaches.

After a few seconds of staring, the man seems to wake up, looking at Maurice with a wide smile. "Hello, my name is Steve Saint, the Hephaestus admin of expansion.  You are Doctor Maurice Sanctor, our new admin of science, correct?"

((My reading comprehension is terrible lately.  I didn't even notice that Maurice was pushing a stasis chamber, somehow.))

Armor questions, about Protectorate armor:

1.How bulky is it?  You don't have to give me thickness or anything, but I want to know if the users can fit through doors.

2.How protective is it?  Can it withstand a gauss rifle round without damage?  What happens to it when shot with a gauss cannon?  ((For reference, you've said a GC destroys one layer of BS plate))

3.How expensive is it?

4.What stat requirements does it have?

5.Is it light enough to fly with, if you have an MK.III?

Tech questions (A long time ago, we ordered a science crew to research all the Gratesplosion artifacts to find any useful properties.  You said they would finish in chunks, taking extra time.  Here's the first three that got finished, I want to know if there's anything useful about them.)

6.Flaming golden rebar surrounded by forcefield

7.Feather shaped rod with yellow glow. Broken in half. Used to project much heat before broken.

8.Extremely corrosive gas

Personal:

9.Saint would like to create a host (Let's say seven) of custom synthflesh bodies for remote possession.  Custom meaning that I want each of their faces to look like Saint's original face.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 15, 2015, 03:43:14 am »

Quote from: Charles to The Doctor
Are there any long-term side-effects for the Charisma battle stimulants? Is it possible to create some sort of modified organ or mechanical apparatus that helps mitigate the side effects and, if possible, produce that stimulant on the spot?
Charles obliviously queries the encroaching Flesh Horror Avatar of Parathun Doctor.

He also checks the data of inmates who have seen the Sheep and injuries or other records of them afterwards, asking ARESTEVE to compare it to 'normal' inmates.

If possible he gets an Advanced Armor Package and Enchanced Charisma Capacity unit installed. Along with an MkIII and the Piezoelectric Shard solidification chamber (that was discussed in IRC) for personal protection reasons just in case a prisoner tries anything funny.

((Quoting action as Heph is resuming.))
Request a list from ARESTEVE of planets that both have a history of rebellion and are hard for the UWM to suppress.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 15, 2015, 04:18:16 am »

A man wearing thick protective goggles, grey fireproof overalls, and a large metal gauntlet stands leaning on the wall of the corridor that the stasis chamber is being carted through. As it passes him, he pushes off the wall and rolls after the procession on heelie-wheels built into his metallic feet, matching speed alongside the Doctor. He pulls his goggles up, revealing the aged, but still stubbled, and still human face of Anton Chernozorov.

"Greetings, sir, and welcome back to Hephaestus. It seems I have been pulled into a very ominously-named project that coincides with your arrival." He casts a glance at the contents of the stasis pod. "Honestly, I can't think of what help I can provide to someone of your caliber, but orders are orders, and I do admit to being rather curious. Please lead the way."

Follow the Doctor to wherever it is he's going. Maintain a respectful out-of-immediate-arms-reach distance. Keep the Red Hand on safety.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 15, 2015, 10:30:33 am »

When Maurice steps off the ramp, he notices someone seemingly waiting for him.  It's a well-dressed synthflesh man with a nonstandard face... which seems to be catatonic.  He's completely frozen, even as Maurice approaches.

After a few seconds of staring, the man seems to wake up, looking at Maurice with a wide smile. "Hello, my name is Steve Saint, the Hephaestus admin of expansion.  You are Doctor Maurice Sanctor, our new admin of science, correct?"
Stasis dementia? No... More like hibernation - or just doing secluded research in the brain-space without regards to outside body manipulation. Interesting, but possibly dangerous.
Correct. I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll do proper rounds of introductions later.
Looking forward to working with you, Steve Saint.

With a nod to the synth-flesh Admin of Expansion, he disappeared in the depths of the base, still pushing the chamber.

Anton Chernozorov. We've met before, I belive.  With a nod and a smile Maurice greeted the slightly aged technician falling in line with the pushing procession. Glad to see you alive and well.
Past Sigs

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2015, 11:36:29 am »

Anton Chernozorov. We've met before, I belive.  With a nod and a smile Maurice greeted the slightly aged technician falling in line with the pushing procession. Glad to see you alive and well.

Anton turns to face the other new arrival, his forehead momentarily wrinkled as he tries to recall the requisite information. "Ah... probably. Maurice, I believe? You were mentioned in the manifest." He heelies over to the other side of the procession without losing momentum. "I'm sorry, I don't do well with names and faces. Especially since our last meeting would have been far longer ago for me than for you. I really prefer working with machines to working with people-" Anton briefly passes his eyes over the Doctor and Maurice, and stops on the stasis chamber again, using his non-gauntleted hand to scratch his chin. "-Which really makes me wonder about the purpose of my inclusion in this project."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1064 on: April 15, 2015, 12:45:07 pm »

((Nyeh...  I meant to ask PW questions before the thread got unfrozen.

Oh well, I'll just assume the reasonable answer for now and ask later.  Actual turn questions coming sometime later. Probably a wiki update too.

@Shaporia
Nobody is answering your prototype request because Pyro is in charge of that.  We can talk, but aren't allowed to make a final decision.  Just FYI.))

((My reading comprehension is terrible lately.  I didn't even notice that Maurice was pushing a stasis chamber, somehow.))

Armor questions, about Protectorate armor:

1.How bulky is it?  You don't have to give me thickness or anything, but I want to know if the users can fit through doors.

2.How protective is it?  Can it withstand a gauss rifle round without damage?  What happens to it when shot with a gauss cannon?  ((For reference, you've said a GC destroys one layer of BS plate))

3.How expensive is it?

4.What stat requirements does it have?

5.Is it light enough to fly with, if you have an MK.III?

Tech questions (A long time ago, we ordered a science crew to research all the Gratesplosion artifacts to find any useful properties.  You said they would finish in chunks, taking extra time.  Here's the first three that got finished, I want to know if there's anything useful about them.)

6.Flaming golden rebar surrounded by forcefield

7.Feather shaped rod with yellow glow. Broken in half. Used to project much heat before broken.

8.Extremely corrosive gas

Personal:

9.Saint would like to create a host (Let's say seven) of custom synthflesh bodies for remote possession.  Custom meaning that I want each of their faces to look like Saint's original face.

Of course it would start with armor questions.

1.Depends on the door but probably
2.It's something akin to milno plate.
3. I dunno. Haven't priced it.
4. Probably requires a certain level of strength.
5. Probably, but not very well.
6. We've figured out how to replicate the force field effect, but the problem is that it can't be turned off once you turn it on. And if the force field is breached it causes a lot of damage to the "Projecting" item.
7.Nothing.
8. Replicated the gas.
9. Fine.

Quote from: Charles to The Doctor
Are there any long-term side-effects for the Charisma battle stimulants? Is it possible to create some sort of modified organ or mechanical apparatus that helps mitigate the side effects and, if possible, produce that stimulant on the spot?
Charles obliviously queries the encroaching Flesh Horror Avatar of Parathun Doctor.

He also checks the data of inmates who have seen the Sheep and injuries or other records of them afterwards, asking ARESTEVE to compare it to 'normal' inmates.

If possible he gets an Advanced Armor Package and Enchanced Charisma Capacity unit installed. Along with an MkIII and the Piezoelectric Shard solidification chamber (that was discussed in IRC) for personal protection reasons just in case a prisoner tries anything funny.

((Quoting action as Heph is resuming.))
Request a list from ARESTEVE of planets that both have a history of rebellion and are hard for the UWM to suppress.
Is this just gonna be for where you send propaganda to?

Ahhh, Hephaestus...

New life, new place to call home... new work, and new challenges.

As he pushed the stasis chamber down the ramp, Maurice Sanctor cast a single glance and a sideways smile. More accurately, it was a half-grin, amused and confident, the likes of which could not have been seen on his face since the days of his internship.

It was cold.
New purpose. ...Yet also an old friend to see again.
Push!
A man wearing thick protective goggles, grey fireproof overalls, and a large metal gauntlet stands leaning on the wall of the corridor that the stasis chamber is being carted through. As it passes him, he pushes off the wall and rolls after the procession on heelie-wheels built into his metallic feet, matching speed alongside the Doctor. He pulls his goggles up, revealing the aged, but still stubbled, and still human face of Anton Chernozorov.

"Greetings, sir, and welcome back to Hephaestus. It seems I have been pulled into a very ominously-named project that coincides with your arrival." He casts a glance at the contents of the stasis pod. "Honestly, I can't think of what help I can provide to someone of your caliber, but orders are orders, and I do admit to being rather curious. Please lead the way."

Follow the Doctor to wherever it is he's going. Maintain a respectful out-of-immediate-arms-reach distance. Keep the Red Hand on safety.
"We will need many things." The Doctor says, leading the way from the landing pad. "His original body must be recreated, organically. Need genetic material. Need data relating to his origin. Need work space and...surrogates. Organic born." He turns back toward you, "Find workers who won't be missed. Tell Director to start asking for prisoners or create system to breed them.  We will need Quicksilver and stasis systems to contain subjects between tests. Quicksilver holds off degeneration but it is a double edged sword. First we must try to recreate earlier results."

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 84