Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84

Author Topic: Hephaestus No Longer Exists: Crater thread.  (Read 175396 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus Techland: Big Brother is Watching
« Reply #1065 on: April 15, 2015, 07:12:53 pm »

With a calm and unconcerned look Maurice replied to the Doctor.
I have the surviving patients of the UWM hospital on Q'Baja. Most of them are in coma, but that should not be a problem for the genetic material acquisition to my knowledge. Any specific gender required?
Anything else?
Inquire. Continue to push deeper into the base?

[ADMIN OF SCIENCE]
  • Put Science team Gamma to work on the shade-creature (specimen and remains) we caught in the Samsonite Abyss.
  • Put Science team Delta (Q-Bajan) to work on the flesh samples from amp-overload-spawned Fleshhorror of Hephaestus.
  • Is the 'feather-shaped rod with yellow glow' completely mundane in effects and physics involved, or is it that the science crew just did not find a use for it? Could we work out one?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:31:13 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 15, 2015, 07:20:46 pm »

This has nothing to do with our new guest: ((I wasn't sure how to IC this.  Apologies.))

1.I want to build a very deep and very strong bunker underground, probably connected to the mining tunnels, and near enough to our infrastructure that setting off a large nuke nearby would be very bad for us. Preferably position it somewhere that has quick access to several different tunnels large enough for a battlesuit to move through quickly; I don't want to be trapped there if things go bad. Lastly, coat the area in sensors- I want to know if anyone or anything comes near my bunker, and what they're doing.

2.Modify the Assaultsuit design: I want to replace the person sized cockpit with space for three braincases and a quantum entanglement communicator.  An enlarged jetpack design that can lift a full battlesuit supposedly exists, so I'd like to attach that too.  Then, I want three of these placed in the bunker, with all but one braincase filled with sod brains.   Additionally, if it's possible to place the medical facilities required for braincase switching in the bunker, place one of my synthbodies down there too.

3.This project doesn't need to be publicized, and doesn't need to use a construction crew.  If ARESTEVE asks, explain that I'm just being cautious, and I don't think our current command center arrangement is safe; There's no real security against infiltration (which is a possibility since we should be getting new crews from previously UWM occupied worlds), and if it is compromised we'd lose essentially our entire command structure.  Point out that I think it would be a good idea for our other command personnel to do something similar.

4.How long will this take?

Armor:

5.Continue being in the space of a VR program, which is where my last turn would likely leave me.  Examine a suit of Milnoplate, and a suit of Protectorate armor.  From what you said before, there's no real difference between them; They have similar protection, similar weight, similar mobility, and possibly similar cost.  Can I detect any important difference between the two?

Before Saint could act on <whatever PW response to 5 is>, a message pinged in his vision.  From the science team he'd assigned to examining the Gratesplosion artifacts.  He then possesses a robosod guard in the science & testing facility, and goes to find the head scientist that worked on Gratesplosion artifacts.  Once found, Saint asks him:

"Hello, this is Saint.  I recieved your message that you suceeded in replicating the forcefield material?  I would like you to prepare a testing chamber and a small supply of the material.  While we wait, I have a question you should be able to answer:"

6."You said the material cannot be deactivated after you turn it on.  How is it turned on?"

Once he recieves his answer, Saint nods and moves to the testing area.  He toys with Tinker until his requested experimentation supplies are ready.  Once they are, he runs the following experiments:

7. Set up a simple activated plate of the stuff.  Examine it in detail; is the forcefield omnidirectional? 

8.Does it project at a consistent distance from the material?

9.Does the material appear to 'float' above whatevers holding it, lifted up by the field?

10.  This is poorly done, yes, I apologize.  I would like feedback; Is this too long?  Is it insufficently RP-based?  Is the number system obselete?  Something else?  I'm doing this to reduce your displeasure, so I need you to critique my methods.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 15, 2015, 08:15:21 pm »

Quote from: Charles to The Doctor
Are there any long-term side-effects for the Charisma battle stimulants? Is it possible to create some sort of modified organ or mechanical apparatus that helps mitigate the side effects and, if possible, produce that stimulant on the spot?
Charles obliviously queries the encroaching Flesh Horror Avatar of Parathun Doctor.

He also checks the data of inmates who have seen the Sheep and injuries or other records of them afterwards, asking ARESTEVE to compare it to 'normal' inmates.

If possible he gets an Advanced Armor Package and Enhanced Charisma Capacity unit installed. Along with an MkIII and the Piezoelectric Shard solidification chamber (that was discussed in IRC) for personal protection reasons just in case a prisoner tries anything funny.

((Quoting action as Heph is resuming.))
Request a list from ARESTEVE of planets that both have a history of rebellion and are hard for the UWM to suppress.
Is this just gonna be for where you send propaganda to?
((Yep, since Charles and Lars don't actually have a specific target planet yet. Is the equipment purchased now?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 17, 2015, 05:00:15 am »

"We will need many things." The Doctor says, leading the way from the landing pad. "His original body must be recreated, organically. Need genetic material. Need data relating to his origin. Need work space and...surrogates. Organic born." He turns back toward you, "Find workers who won't be missed. Tell Director to start asking for prisoners or create system to breed them.  We will need Quicksilver and stasis systems to contain subjects between tests. Quicksilver holds off degeneration but it is a double edged sword. First we must try to recreate earlier results."
Anton is rather at a loss for a second, but composes himself. "Stasis systems we should be able to provide, sir, but... I'd prefer not to sacrifice our own workforce, even for the sake of science. I... know you have a reputation for disregarding such concerns, but I'm sure we can find sufficient "surrogates" without some of our workers suddenly disappearing."
 He rolls along, scratching his chin in silence for a few seconds before continuing. "You know, I looked over the report from the latest missions at.. Kubaha? Q'Badga? The new allied planet. Surely you don't need willing participants. Will enemy personnel suffice? I recall a good number of them remaining alive, despite, I should say, our ground teams' best efforts." Anton's mouth twitches indecisively, as if unsure whether to be amused at the thought. "If Maurice's patients are not sufficient, we could stage raids against nearby UWM outposts. We have some new weapons that should make nonlethal capture viable."
 He sighs, and puts his non-gauntleted hand into the overalls' pocket, resting the other one against his side. "Failing that, you just arrived from the biggest prison ship - or 'former' prison ship, rather - that I personally know of. Is it required for the... "surrogates", to be acquired on-site?"

Think aloud, roll along, ask questions.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1069 on: April 18, 2015, 12:04:03 pm »

With a calm and unconcerned look Maurice replied to the Doctor.
I have the surviving patients of the UWM hospital on Q'Baja. Most of them are in coma, but that should not be a problem for the genetic material acquisition to my knowledge. Any specific gender required?
Anything else?
Inquire. Continue to push deeper into the base?

[ADMIN OF SCIENCE]
  • Put Science team Gamma to work on the shade-creature (specimen and remains) we caught in the Samsonite Abyss.
  • Put Science team Delta (Q-Bajan) to work on the flesh samples from amp-overload-spawned Fleshhorror of Hephaestus.
  • Is the 'feather-shaped rod with yellow glow' completely mundane in effects and physics involved, or is it that the science crew just did not find a use for it? Could we work out one?
"Female. Though he was a clone to begin with...assuredly an organic born one...keeping replications of him as organic as possible would be best. Unknown if it will work at all, or for how long. Configuration may not be correct."

You take an elevator down.

1,2,3. We may be rethinking that whole system. Give it a bit.

This has nothing to do with our new guest: ((I wasn't sure how to IC this.  Apologies.))

1.I want to build a very deep and very strong bunker underground, probably connected to the mining tunnels, and near enough to our infrastructure that setting off a large nuke nearby would be very bad for us. Preferably position it somewhere that has quick access to several different tunnels large enough for a battlesuit to move through quickly; I don't want to be trapped there if things go bad. Lastly, coat the area in sensors- I want to know if anyone or anything comes near my bunker, and what they're doing.

2.Modify the Assaultsuit design: I want to replace the person sized cockpit with space for three braincases and a quantum entanglement communicator.  An enlarged jetpack design that can lift a full battlesuit supposedly exists, so I'd like to attach that too.  Then, I want three of these placed in the bunker, with all but one braincase filled with sod brains.   Additionally, if it's possible to place the medical facilities required for braincase switching in the bunker, place one of my synthbodies down there too.

3.This project doesn't need to be publicized, and doesn't need to use a construction crew.  If ARESTEVE asks, explain that I'm just being cautious, and I don't think our current command center arrangement is safe; There's no real security against infiltration (which is a possibility since we should be getting new crews from previously UWM occupied worlds), and if it is compromised we'd lose essentially our entire command structure.  Point out that I think it would be a good idea for our other command personnel to do something similar.

4.How long will this take?

Armor:

5.Continue being in the space of a VR program, which is where my last turn would likely leave me.  Examine a suit of Milnoplate, and a suit of Protectorate armor.  From what you said before, there's no real difference between them; They have similar protection, similar weight, similar mobility, and possibly similar cost.  Can I detect any important difference between the two?

Before Saint could act on <whatever PW response to 5 is>, a message pinged in his vision.  From the science team he'd assigned to examining the Gratesplosion artifacts.  He then possesses a robosod guard in the science & testing facility, and goes to find the head scientist that worked on Gratesplosion artifacts.  Once found, Saint asks him:

"Hello, this is Saint.  I recieved your message that you suceeded in replicating the forcefield material?  I would like you to prepare a testing chamber and a small supply of the material.  While we wait, I have a question you should be able to answer:"

6."You said the material cannot be deactivated after you turn it on.  How is it turned on?"

Once he recieves his answer, Saint nods and moves to the testing area.  He toys with Tinker until his requested experimentation supplies are ready.  Once they are, he runs the following experiments:

7. Set up a simple activated plate of the stuff.  Examine it in detail; is the forcefield omnidirectional? 

8.Does it project at a consistent distance from the material?

9.Does the material appear to 'float' above whatevers holding it, lifted up by the field?

10.  This is poorly done, yes, I apologize.  I would like feedback; Is this too long?  Is it insufficently RP-based?  Is the number system obselete?  Something else?  I'm doing this to reduce your displeasure, so I need you to critique my methods.

1. Ok, you can consider that being built.
2. Ok for the most part; whatcha gonna do with those brains?
3-4: Oh, two weeks.
5. For the sake of gameplay, not really.
6. You can assume you now have a room with some active and inactive samples. They tell you the thing is activated through a pulse of directed radiation.
7. The force field varies. Naturally it is omnidirectional but it can be manufactured to specific shapes and directions.
8. This can be varied as well.
9.Yes, assuming it is omnidirectional.
10. This is ok, but the easiest way to do it would be simply to imagine you're being giving this thing in real life and then to describe how you would test it. RP it. You can do this number stuff if you want though, if you really can't do it otherwise.

Quote from: Charles to The Doctor
Are there any long-term side-effects for the Charisma battle stimulants? Is it possible to create some sort of modified organ or mechanical apparatus that helps mitigate the side effects and, if possible, produce that stimulant on the spot?
Charles obliviously queries the encroaching Flesh Horror Avatar of Parathun Doctor.

He also checks the data of inmates who have seen the Sheep and injuries or other records of them afterwards, asking ARESTEVE to compare it to 'normal' inmates.

If possible he gets an Advanced Armor Package and Enhanced Charisma Capacity unit installed. Along with an MkIII and the Piezoelectric Shard solidification chamber (that was discussed in IRC) for personal protection reasons just in case a prisoner tries anything funny.

((Quoting action as Heph is resuming.))
Request a list from ARESTEVE of planets that both have a history of rebellion and are hard for the UWM to suppress.
Is this just gonna be for where you send propaganda to?
((Yep, since Charles and Lars don't actually have a specific target planet yet. Is the equipment purchased now?))
Yes, and assume steve will route them to where they need to go.

"We will need many things." The Doctor says, leading the way from the landing pad. "His original body must be recreated, organically. Need genetic material. Need data relating to his origin. Need work space and...surrogates. Organic born." He turns back toward you, "Find workers who won't be missed. Tell Director to start asking for prisoners or create system to breed them.  We will need Quicksilver and stasis systems to contain subjects between tests. Quicksilver holds off degeneration but it is a double edged sword. First we must try to recreate earlier results."
Anton is rather at a loss for a second, but composes himself. "Stasis systems we should be able to provide, sir, but... I'd prefer not to sacrifice our own workforce, even for the sake of science. I... know you have a reputation for disregarding such concerns, but I'm sure we can find sufficient "surrogates" without some of our workers suddenly disappearing."
 He rolls along, scratching his chin in silence for a few seconds before continuing. "You know, I looked over the report from the latest missions at.. Kubaha? Q'Badga? The new allied planet. Surely you don't need willing participants. Will enemy personnel suffice? I recall a good number of them remaining alive, despite, I should say, our ground teams' best efforts." Anton's mouth twitches indecisively, as if unsure whether to be amused at the thought. "If Maurice's patients are not sufficient, we could stage raids against nearby UWM outposts. We have some new weapons that should make nonlethal capture viable."
 He sighs, and puts his non-gauntleted hand into the overalls' pocket, resting the other one against his side. "Failing that, you just arrived from the biggest prison ship - or 'former' prison ship, rather - that I personally know of. Is it required for the... "surrogates", to be acquired on-site?"

Think aloud, roll along, ask questions.
"Sources don't matter. We just need the bodies. Whatever is most expedient."

"Did you procure a work space for us?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus No Longer Exists: Crater thread.
« Reply #1070 on: April 18, 2015, 08:35:25 pm »

((Keeping the numbers, for the original purpose; They make what I want to know clearer, and they make figuring out which responses are answering what much easier.))

Saint notices a small alert in the corner of his vision; A construction crew leader complaining about being idle.  He mentally sighed, and sent several orders for construction crews:

1.Build a facility designed to produce Heavy Robotic Bodies for our sod armies.  A significant portion, probably around a fifth, will have the heavier bodies.  Ask the crew when they will finish.

2.Build another biochemical forge, and set it to produce sod brains.

3.Complete the Space Magic Facility.  We have the compaction manip, the ship to carry it, the architecture and housing, the spears...  Ask the crew when it will be done.

((This leaves us with one free crew, BTW.))

After dealing with that distraction, Saint returns to the body in the forcefield testing room.  He tells the scientist there to:

"Try placing a plate of hexsand underneath the forcefield, between the forcefield and the projecting material."

5."Bring a Spektr rifle in here and shoot it with all every mode.  I want to see if there's any wavelengths of light it doesn't block, aside from visible light."

6."Bring in a few different sizes of material, and an assortment of gauss calibers.  We'll test if the forcefield's strength varies with the material."

7."Get a block of the material which only projects a forcefield in one direction.  Coat the entire thing in some soft metal which won't block the activating radiation pulse, and activate the forcefield."

8."Get another block that only projects in one direction, and shoot the block--not the forcefield--with the gauss cannon we brought in.  I want to see what happens to the forcefield itself."

9."Doctor... Actually, are you a doctor?  You look too young.  Well, science person, in your unprofessional opinion, how does the explosive force this material exibits when the forcefield breaks compare to other explosives we have?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48:25 pm »

Get ARESTEVE to then cut down the list of potential target planets by whatever criteria Steve see fit.
For each planet on this new list, get

• Demographics
  • Language style
  • Relevant history
  • Information on its economy
  • Magistar information
  • Key concerns

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 19, 2015, 03:11:29 pm »

Scan the surviving patients list for suitable female hosts. Also, the brain list, just in case.

Quietly contemplate the fate and future results of this new experiment. Listen in to the whisperings of the Muse, if anything.
Try to sense the Mistress's attitude towards what will be done.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:29:25 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:02 am »

"Aha. Understood." Anton once again returns to the Doctor's side of the stasis chamber, as the whole thing is loaded into the elevator.

"We're not short on space here, sir, I'm sure there's plenty we can use for any projects. If you have any specific requirements for it, I can see to getting them implemented. Could use a little forewarning, though. Forewarned is..." he looks meaningfully at the stasis chamber again - "...fore-armed. We'd have set something up ahead of time. But, secrecy, I suppose."

Anton looks nowhere in particular for several seconds, then turns his face to the Doctor again. "On the subject of space, or rather time. Will you still be providing some of your usual services here, sir? I am entirely too attached to this body of mine, unlike our Head of Expansion for instance, but if there's one thing it doesn't do is get better with age. If there's an anti-aging process that actually works, be it to reverse aging or merely halt it, I'm sure you would be the person to talk to about it."

Inquire about aging-preventing or aging-reversing procedures. If the Doktor has any requirements for workspace, make note of them, then see about finding and allocating a fitting space for him to set up in.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 21, 2015, 03:57:50 am »

Speaking of which... Anton, could you look into creating a place for high-hazard research? I trust you already have the basic containment systems, but I am talking about experiments that might go full "grey goo" scenario. Somehow, I think those are best situated away from Hephaestus surface. On one of the "asteroid" moons, or as a space station perhaps?.. Whichever is more convenient.
Of course, if you already have something like that, it would be most convenient.

Maurice smiled.

((Maurice wouldn't know, but accidentally it might be just as fine a place to house the high-density energy research facility Anton wanted.))
Past Sigs

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 21, 2015, 04:16:23 am »

Speaking of which... Anton, could you look into creating a place for high-hazard research? I trust you already have the basic containment systems, but I am talking about experiments that might go full "grey goo" scenario. Somehow, I think those are best situated away from Hephaestus surface. On one of the "asteroid" moons, or as a space station perhaps?.. Whichever is more convenient.
Of course, if you already have something like that, it would be most convenient.

Maurice smiled.
"Our space construction capacities have been focused on the manipulator facility, and fortifying our system defenses lately. I've already been looking for a good spot for an off-world science facility of my own, but I'm going to have to negotiate some extra workforce with our Head of Expansion for any extra construction. If anything, your potential grey goo scenarios are going to be a much better incentive for it than my potential massive explosions." Anton smiles back. "I'm sure we'll work something out."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1076 on: April 21, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »

((Keeping the numbers, for the original purpose; They make what I want to know clearer, and they make figuring out which responses are answering what much easier.))

Saint notices a small alert in the corner of his vision; A construction crew leader complaining about being idle.  He mentally sighed, and sent several orders for construction crews:

1.Build a facility designed to produce Heavy Robotic Bodies for our sod armies.  A significant portion, probably around a fifth, will have the heavier bodies.  Ask the crew when they will finish.

2.Build another biochemical forge, and set it to produce sod brains.

3.Complete the Space Magic Facility.  We have the compaction manip, the ship to carry it, the architecture and housing, the spears...  Ask the crew when it will be done.

((This leaves us with one free crew, BTW.))

After dealing with that distraction, Saint returns to the body in the forcefield testing room.  He tells the scientist there to:

"Try placing a plate of hexsand underneath the forcefield, between the forcefield and the projecting material."

5."Bring a Spektr rifle in here and shoot it with all every mode.  I want to see if there's any wavelengths of light it doesn't block, aside from visible light."

6."Bring in a few different sizes of material, and an assortment of gauss calibers.  We'll test if the forcefield's strength varies with the material."

7."Get a block of the material which only projects a forcefield in one direction.  Coat the entire thing in some soft metal which won't block the activating radiation pulse, and activate the forcefield."

8."Get another block that only projects in one direction, and shoot the block--not the forcefield--with the gauss cannon we brought in.  I want to see what happens to the forcefield itself."

9."Doctor... Actually, are you a doctor?  You look too young.  Well, science person, in your unprofessional opinion, how does the explosive force this material exibits when the forcefield breaks compare to other explosives we have?
1,2: Ok
3:Did we ever decide how we're getting the needed material here? Just gonna start scavenging planets and asteroid fields near by?
4. Nothing happens. The plate just sort of lays on the forcefield like it's an invisible wall.
5.It blocks everything except radiation.
6.as in with the material it is anchored to?
7.Material isn't what decides directionality of the forcefield.  Whatcha trying to see here?
8.well, that depends on the amount of damage. if you damage the anchor enough though, the forcefield dissipates.
9. It's fairly powerful, up there with the higher grade military explosives; though it is surprisingly cool for an explosion, the only combustion seems to be spontaneous combustion of effected materials due to the force, rather then combustion being the reaction which causes the explosion.

Get ARESTEVE to then cut down the list of potential target planets by whatever criteria Steve see fit.
For each planet on this new list, get

• Demographics
  • Language style
  • Relevant history
  • Information on its economy
  • Magistar information
  • Key concerns
You're killing me susan

Scan the surviving patients list for suitable female hosts. Also, the brain list, just in case.

Quietly contemplate the fate and future results of this new experiment. Listen in to the whisperings of the Muse, if anything.
Try to sense the Mistress's attitude towards what will be done.

No idea what you're talking about with that second part there, chief.  But there are a few women in the patient list.

"Aha. Understood." Anton once again returns to the Doctor's side of the stasis chamber, as the whole thing is loaded into the elevator.

"We're not short on space here, sir, I'm sure there's plenty we can use for any projects. If you have any specific requirements for it, I can see to getting them implemented. Could use a little forewarning, though. Forewarned is..." he looks meaningfully at the stasis chamber again - "...fore-armed. We'd have set something up ahead of time. But, secrecy, I suppose."

Anton looks nowhere in particular for several seconds, then turns his face to the Doctor again. "On the subject of space, or rather time. Will you still be providing some of your usual services here, sir? I am entirely too attached to this body of mine, unlike our Head of Expansion for instance, but if there's one thing it doesn't do is get better with age. If there's an anti-aging process that actually works, be it to reverse aging or merely halt it, I'm sure you would be the person to talk to about it."

Inquire about aging-preventing or aging-reversing procedures. If the Doktor has any requirements for workspace, make note of them, then see about finding and allocating a fitting space for him to set up in.

"For the moment we need medical equipment. Computers for the scans that should be coming. A bioforge, synthflesh tanks, unused fleshpits, chemical processing systems, production plants for mechanical equipment... An empty room for now. We'll fill it."

You ask him about anti aging and he looks at you for a moment. "They exist. Side effects though."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 22, 2015, 04:31:30 am »

In that case, just get assigned a target planet for the propaganda team to work on.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 23, 2015, 08:01:51 am »

After the long and detailed discussion with the Doctor and Anton on what would be required, Dr. Maurice Sanctor left for the former Supreme Hephaestus Administrator headquarters - now the residence of Administrator of Engineering, Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis.
Without taking time to unpack his belongings or change into his civilian garb, he went there dressed as he arrived - in the Mk III of the long-standing HMRC service tradition. He did, however, take a box with him.

And he smiled as he walked there.
Come by Simus's office.

Be instated as Admin of Science.

[ADMIN OF SCIENCE]
  • It appears we did not capture those Shade creatures in the end, unfortunately. Reassign the Science Team Gamma working on them to Soundworm data.
  • What's with the 'rethinking the whole system', could you elaborate?
  • Can we mount expeditions to places of interest? Either on our own, or via requesting Sword detours.
  • Can the Samsonite Abyss be revisited? Does it still exist, what is the UWM military presence there?
  • You mentioned that we could recreate the Puddle of which the Soundworm came. Is it true, or would we have to visit the 4473 Styx wreckage to resume the research?
Past Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 23, 2015, 12:05:19 pm »

Non-RP clarifications (Sorry, this is rushed)

1.We got the genetic material for the SMF from our science and construction crews, a long time ago.  You joked about it going faster if we played jazz, remember?

2.How long will it take for the SMF to be finished?  Remember I'm assigning a constuction crew.

3.How long will the HRB production facility take to be finished?

4.With the test where the forcefield material is already encased in something when activated, I wanted to see what would happen when we activated the material.  Does the forcefield just pop up outside the encasing material?  Or does it force the stuff off?

5.I wanted to test if the forcefield's strengrh--How strong a gauss round it can take before exploding--varies at all between different fields.  If so, what controls the strength?  Mass of the projecting material?

6.How many seconds does a visible light laser rifle (which should bypass the field, since you say it's invisible to us) need to damage the projecting material enough to dissipate the forcefield?

Continued RP-like stuff

7. (Exact numbers don't actually matter here)
"Scientist, Please bring in a block of metal of some form.  One inch thick.  Place it on top of an unactivated block of projector material, inside the area that the forcefield will be projected.  Then, activate the forcefield, so that it would be created inside the block of metal.  Is the metal locked in place?  Does it demonstrate superior damage resistance?"

"Scientist, bring in a plate of this material which would cost just slightly less than a battlesuit plate, and bridge the cost gap by covering one side in a very thin layer of hexsand--just enough to prevent visible light lasers from damaging the material.  I want it to be optimized for dealing with as much damage as possible, if you can do that. What is the largest gauss round it can take without being destroyed?"

"Scientist, how expensive is the material compared to explosives of a similar power?"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 84