Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50483 times)

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2014, 03:51:39 pm »

Turn to face the two incoming scientists, try to figure out what their mutations are.
Guys, we got two more coming.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 31, 2014, 03:10:08 am »

Hearing the first resemblance of normal human speech, Alexander was overjoyed. And a bit disturbed. Still, it was his chance to take the right side.

"Do you need any help, fellows?"
Thinking that action would prove his point better, he closed onto fighters and tried to stab Scientist #1 with his tail.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 31, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »

Urgh. Well, I guess scapheap's going to be kicked and Lenglon put in. While I doubt scapheap was intentionally trying to quit, as he hasn't even been online since the 17th, I just can't keep waiting anymore considering how many turns overall he's missed.

Anyway, for everyone else, now's your chance to suggest how Scapheap's character might die. If the flavor of the game matters to you, anyway.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:42 pm »

Pillar of Salt is always good.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 31, 2014, 09:52:09 pm »

Mutagenic overload!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

blazing glory

« Reply #350 on: July 31, 2014, 10:18:40 pm »

One of the arriving infected ends up barreling into him and killing him with whatever lethal appendage it has before anyone can react.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2014, 12:28:04 am »

Pillar of Salt is always good.
...I'm afraid I don't actually understand what you mean by this.

Mutagenic overload!
That's an option, though unfortunately it's been done before and feels kind of like a "cheap" way out.

One of the arriving infected ends up barreling into him and killing him with whatever lethal appendage it has before anyone can react.
Also an option, and one that I had a passing thought of, though it would require either the infected prioritizing the character for basically no reason, or the character walking in front of everyone else... while a combat is going on in front of her. It'd be difficult for me to explain the reasoning without resorting to "bad luck" or incompetence.

But to be fair, scapheap's character is in fact supposed to be dumb, though I'm not sure she's supposed to be critically dumb.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:30:35 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 01, 2014, 12:52:57 am »

I believe Pillar of Salt means turning scapheap into a pillar of salt.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2014, 01:35:44 am »

I don't know why scapheap would be turned into a pillar of salt?

Also, now that you are here, would you kindly grace the next turn with an action?

blazing glory

« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2014, 01:39:21 am »

Scientist 3,as she knows she's going to die,uses the last reserves of her strength to charge and smash Ashley into the wall,Ashley doesn't survive.

Though this is assuming that we don't mess up our rolls again and fail to kill her.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2014, 01:43:47 am »

Huh. Thought I already did.
Attack Scientist 1 with my appendages.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2014, 02:44:44 am »

Urgh. Well, I guess scapheap's going to be kicked and Lenglon put in. While I doubt scapheap was intentionally trying to quit, as he hasn't even been online since the 17th, I just can't keep waiting anymore considering how many turns overall he's missed.
Interest confirmed, but I haven't been tracking the thread very closely, so a short summary of the way the situation has escalated since the inital infection (this is bay12, escalation is a safe assumption) would be helpful.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

blazing glory

« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2014, 02:50:33 am »

Interest confirmed, but I haven't been tracking the thread very closely, so a short summary of the way the situation has escalated since the inital infection (this is bay12, escalation is a safe assumption) would be helpful.

Well,not too much has happened,other people got a few mutations but nothing really good,I appear to be mutating into a Dragon but haven't gotten the better end of the deal yet,we got some weapons,like batons and net launchers,ended up in a fight with 3 mutated scientists,so far we're doing well,right now we're mopping them up but 2 others are coming into the battle next turn so who knows what will happen.

I probably missed some stuff but I think that's about it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2014, 01:26:34 am »

In a nutshell, what happened:

Infection got into the Section C Primary, and as many NPCs were retreating they were attacked. Since then, many died, but many also left the room. The players are facing off against around 5 hostile infected.

The players have gone through Sub-section E and F in their entirety. They are now back into the Section C Primary. They have acquired extreme amounts of non-lethal weapons. And surprise surprise, they end up not really using them.

Really, the plot hasn't really advanced. The players have so far have been either spending their time in combat or searching for things.

Anyway, hooray for you being interested. As for the turn, I'll have it done sometime or another pretty soon, and I'll have to figure out some potentially reasonable place to get Lenglon into the game while killing scapheap. One of my least favorite activities as a GM. Good times.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 02, 2014, 04:49:20 am »

Turn 23: Introductions, killings, excitement, disappointment. Could be more descriptive, but alternatively I could put absolutely nothing here.

Scientist -ei*pi gets a faceful of teeth for Christmas!
[7]: You smash your face into the floor. You hit hard enough to cause bleeding and bruising, and hurt yourself slightly.

And no, you don't get to regenerate this turn, because negating the damage would've made this pointless.

Grab scientist 1 by the neck and fling him in the direction where Alexander is standing, start looking for gun and ammo
[7]: You push the scientist but do not throw him, and you go searching for guns and ammo. You find a Heavy Pistol on a dead body, but you fail to find a clip left on the body. Yet there is no clip in the gun, empty or full, so there at least exists the chance that there might be a full clip on the side somewhere...

You regenerate slightly.

Finish off scientist 3 with a stab to the throat.
[19]: For once, you don't look like someone who's getting ahead of himself. You run up to and stab at scientist 3 with your knife, ramming it through her neck, and although the scales block a good portion of the damage, you cause just enough damage for her to crumple onto the ground, unmoving.

It is now that you notice two new infected coming into the fight and... oh shit, one of them has a gun. An SMG. That's QUITE dangerous with little to no armor at the moment!

You also notice someone who was lying on the ground wake up.

Headstomp Scientist 3, the Revenge!
[15]: Too late. She's dead.

The two new infected certainly aren't, though. Especially since one of them has a gun.

You regen as usual, you highly regenerative gal.

Turn to face the two incoming scientists, try to figure out what their mutations are.
Guys, we got two more coming.
[6]: You turn to face the two incoming scientists and try to figure out their mutations.

You don't figure out.

It's okay, regardless, because the GM currently isn't bothering to hide strains at the moment.

Hearing the first resemblance of normal human speech, Alexander was overjoyed. And a bit disturbed. Still, it was his chance to take the right side.

"Do you need any help, fellows?"
Thinking that action would prove his point better, he closed onto fighters and tried to stab Scientist #1 with his tail.
[1!]: As if lady luck is giving you the middle finger, your action trying to prove your point fails. Horribly. You try to stab at scientist 1 with your tail, but miss. The tail, due to momentum, continues flying past. And further. And further. Then it stops, yanks your rear forward, and as a result of your tail being to the side you spin onto the floor and smack your shoulder against the floor.

In the end, all you prove is that you really don't know what you're doing at the moment. Oh well.

Huh. Thought I already did.
Attack Scientist 1 with my appendages.
[2]: You briefly attempt to cut at scientist 1 with your appendages, but you miss while charging and when you turn around he's going somewhere else, completely ignoring you.

Quote from: Scapheap
I probably should die.
Suddenly, Ashley is struck by divine assistance and goes to help the group.

Unfortunately, this is where she meets her untimely death. See below.

Quote from: Lenglon
Who the hell is shooting while I'm sleeping?
((As is standard for most infected in this area, you are assumed to have been infected on turn 5.))

Strain roll: Q, Suggestive Strain.

((GM hint: Your next mutation, according to the strain timer, would be turn 25. I suggest thinking up a potential desire or suggestion for that turn unless you like fun.))

Urgh. Headache, you have one. A special kind that you can only get from both a extreme blow to the head and extremely loud noises when you're sensitive to sound. You wake up barely able to see from the ground. Ahead of you, there are several infected fighting it out, including one with an SMG that mowed down another.

How did you end up in this place? Well, you, along with many other scientists, were attempting to run away from this infection. However, along the way, you and many other scientists were hit by infected. Many scientists died or were infected. You were one of those infected. You were cut from a glancing blow, which did little damage to you. What did damage you was the push from when the body on the infected hit you, which threw you directly into a table, smashing it and knocking you unconscious.

You don't have much else on your memory. Aside from screaming and shooting, you were far too out of it at the time to notice or do much else. Until now, with people shooting.

You then, all of a sudden, notice you have giant-sized eagle-like wings on your back. You had fleeting thoughts of wings like these in your semi-lucid state, though you never had the expectations of getting them. They probably aren't very useful underground.

((I had a hard time deciding what your initial mutation would be, with this strain, so I opted for the easy way out with an excuse. Hope you don't mind))

Anyway, oh, right. People. Fighting... You're not quite sure whether you should get involved or not, but regardless you will probably die really quickly if they're hostile to you...

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Hey, Jimbo, I'm still relevant. A saw to your spine should prove it.
[19]: Jimbo suddenly feels incredible pain as the saw of his previous friend that he left cuts deeply into his back. It appears that he doesn't appreciate being left alone. The cuts are quite serious for Jimbo.

Also, he regenerates slightly.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 4
Who shot the gun? You know that this was an entirely avoidable encounter with us, right?
The fourth infected scientist in now in combat range, and visible to the party. She has an absurd amount of tentacles, and a chest maw full of teeth. She distinctly reminds you of Felicia. Only more disgusting. And far, far more dangerous simply due to far more teeth over a much larger area.

And yes, these two NPCs are only here because someone shot a gun. Oops. Oh well, more excitement!

Quote from: Infected Guard 1
I may be insane, but I still understand that my gun shoots!
The first infected security guard is now in combat range too, also visible. He looks like some sort of half-"grey" alien-human hybrid, and doesn't have much dangerous mutations. However, he has a goddamn SMG, so his lack of dangerous mutations mean diddly.

Unfortunately, due to divine influence, he perfectly picks out Ashley and fires a quick three shot burst. In doing damage that would typically require about 2 20s and perhaps even more, all 3 strike Ashley's head and one her eye. She goes down hard in what is most certainly an immersion breaking fashion, but really did anyone ever have much immersion?

And yes, this SMG will severely hurt if it rolls good. Though certainly, not ever as effective as it was on Ashley. I have no illusions that this NPC will be attracting a lot of aggro. In which time the other 2 will probably take advantage and murder someone.

Oh, did I say something about murder? No, I didn't, be quiet.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Guard 1 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:49:19 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35