Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50455 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2014, 01:27:34 am »

I will remind you that this person is on the other side of a large room, so talking to him without getting closer requires raising your voice so he can understand you at that distance.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #481 on: August 28, 2014, 01:30:04 am »

((I suggest somehow passing a note,maybe crumpling it and throwing it in his direction?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 28, 2014, 01:55:51 am »

((I suggest somehow passing a note,maybe crumpling it and throwing it in his direction?))
((Good idea, GM: may I assume that my scientist suit includes pens and a pocket notepad? if so:))
Write the following on my notepad and toss it, followed by a pen, behind the table:
We know you're behind that table. It's pretty clear that your mind is intact, since you're smart enough to set that ambush up, so I'd prefer to work with you to get all of us out of here alive. I'm Erin, who are you, and what exactly happened here?

Also, do you mind coming out and lowering your weapon? You can hang on to it, I just want to talk without yelling and attracting anything else that could be in the area, and I don't want you to shoot me for it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 28, 2014, 04:08:07 am »

((Good idea, GM: may I assume that my scientist suit includes pens and a pocket notepad? if so:))
*shrug* It's not like they have a uniform that you cannot defy or anything. What scientists put in/on their uniform is entirely up to them, as long as it's not something absurd. If you believe your character would put them on her, then go ahead.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:03 am »

Give them all the moments they need. Stay away from strangers!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 28, 2014, 10:24:13 am »

Even I know tentacle monsters are not good for negotiating. Wait this one out.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 28, 2014, 12:06:28 pm »

Wait and watch.
"What do we have here, hmm?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 29, 2014, 05:15:00 am »

Turn 32: Do do do do nothing to say here.

Take one of the 3 first aid kits that the people have,use it to treat my wounds,give it back afterwards.
[16]: You reach out to grab a kit from someone, but then Jimbo offers you his. You grab it and administer the aids to yourself, healing you somewhat, but once again like another of your teammates you have bullets in you that you cannot really remove by yourself.

You then give your kit back to Jimbo, who is busy being the worst spy ever.

Give Starn some first aid, get knife for self
[3]: You give Starn your first aid before you trip on a corpse and land on your rear. You turn around to stand up, to try and sneak, but as you get up, Starn in the process of healing himself nails you with an elbow and you go about "sneaking" by spending several seconds just to rebalance. You decide after this fantastically bad series of events that the knife is just a little too dangerous to get without proper sneaking and stop without grabbing a knife.

At least Starn gives back your kit.

Write the following on my notepad and toss it, followed by a pen, behind the table:
We know you're behind that table. It's pretty clear that your mind is intact, since you're smart enough to set that ambush up, so I'd prefer to work with you to get all of us out of here alive. I'm Erin, who are you, and what exactly happened here?

Also, do you mind coming out and lowering your weapon? You can hang on to it, I just want to talk without yelling and attracting anything else that could be in the area, and I don't want you to shoot me for it.

[13]: You write down on your notepad and toss it, just barely getting it behind the table.

It takes a very long time for a response, and the gun remains trained in your general direction, but eventually whoever is behind the table throws both back presumably over his/her shoulder [8] landing in the middle of the room. Thankfully, it doesn't make too much noise. Unfortunately, the page he wrote on is probably not the first page anymore, but oh well, easily fixed.

And yes, his gun is still trained on your general direction.

You regenerate.

[5]: You feel a burning desire to run across the room to greet strangers and give Erin none of the moments she needs.

But you fortunately actually have at least a tiny bit of self control and the desire is squashed.

What your self control cannot control, however, is the tingle as your neck and upper shoulders join your head as a blob. At least you still have your assets, but they're getting quite threatened now.

Even I know tentacle monsters are not good for negotiating. Wait this one out.
[19]: You wait like a pro, wasting a 19 on standing stoic as if you were a statue. A horrible, otherworldly-corruption-of-a-human-being statue.

Now you probably will get your daily dose of 2 rolls next turn. Good job.

You regenerate.

Wait and watch.
"What do we have here, hmm?"
[2]: You watch by closing your eyes and covering your ears. You have no idea what just happened.

At least you spent your bad roll on your worthless turn, right?

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:

blazing glory

« Reply #488 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:12 pm »

Make way to Portion B-Section A Security Room,stealthily.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 29, 2014, 05:47:01 pm »

Glean the secrets of professional waiting from Felicia. Compare notes. Quietly.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »

quietly slip forward and collect the notepad, back off to where I have some cover/conealment, and read what it says
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 29, 2014, 10:23:52 pm »

Get back to the group, then see if I can make it to the Employee lockers

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:06 am »

Examine what's in front of me.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2014, 06:27:55 am »

Wait for confirmation of non-hostilities. Then, pick up a rifle with some ammo.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2014, 01:29:47 pm »

Quietly move to some cover
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35