Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50528 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2014, 11:31:18 pm »

"Oh god."

Run over to the Contaminated Research Room and take a look around.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 12:20:32 am »

Search the research room.
You're gonna have to be more specific.
((As to what I'm searching for?))
No, as to WHICH research room you are going to. There's four of them.
((Any of the ones that are just labeled research room. Only three of those. And no way for me to be more specific when they are labeled research room (x3).))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 12:42:16 am »

((Any of the ones that are just labeled research room. Only three of those. And no way for me to be more specific when they are labeled research room (x3).))
In that case, perhaps it would be prudent to use "a" in place of "the" next time, to avoid confusion and, of course, a similar annoying situation yes?

Anyway, no further questions. You may stop being harassed by me now. At least, until next turn, of course. Muhaha. Ha. And so fourth.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2014, 03:22:37 am »

Storage room. Also see if I can remember any way to seal off the research rooms.

Well..... Dead people were never a good sign. Some gear would be better than none.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2014, 04:38:32 pm »

Turn 3: Where the majority of players continue to get the upper end of a 1d20. Don't worry, I'm sure the RNG will give you the lower end when things get dangerous.

Research hallway.

((May I mention that the hazmat suit would be useless since it was damaged anyway.))
[16]: You enter the Research Hallway like those before you.

You... get the same result as everyone else. Though you do notice Doktorr von Dwarf shouting nonesense about "The Thing" (which is probably some old horror show or something) before absorbing the body of a dead guard. It's... at some place between disgusting and terrifying.

GO TO RESEARCH HALLWAY AND ABSORB DEAD GUARD INTO MYSELF.
"WHY A DEAD BODY! HOW PERFECT! NOW I CAN AT LEAST TRY TO RECREATE "THE THING"! THIS SHOULD BE..........!FUN!
[12]: You enter the Research Hallway and attempt to absorb the poor guard's body. It goes vaguely alright, though with you being new to the process it takes far longer than it should've.

You now have the mass of two people. Hooray?

Also, I would like to note that I explicitly mentioned that I disliked ALL CAPS on the first post and it would get you stabbed. Don't do it again.

Pick up gun. Place clip inside. Put body armour on over suit. Go to computer room. And you guessed it, examine my surroundings.
[20!]: SOMEHOW, despite not even having fingers, you pickup the gun, get rid of the empty clip, and put in a new clip in. You do so while the poor dead guard's flesh is stripped from his bones by your wonderful fellow scientist. You put on the body armor, though it probably won't help much with your new physiology and its poor state. You then go to the Computer Room...

The Computer Room contains all manners of computer-related equipment for researching whatever is found in the Research Rooms. There are 3 different desktop computers here, which normally would contain data about what you found in the Research Rooms, but as per what I said in turn 0 they don't have it at the moment. There's also two snack vending machines.

There is a minimal amount of stuff that would be useful to you in here. This room is dedicated for computer-related tasks, not much else. There are only a couple cabinets here, probably filled only with computer stuff. So unless you want to specifically pick up computer-related items, there's nothing here of value.

Also, you hear shouts of surprise behind you, coming from the people who you are currently with.

Getting use to the pain, Ashley head over to the Contaminated Research Room
[15]: You head over to the Contaminated Research room.

When you arrive, you notice that the microbes are now a foot in deepness, and some of the various Strains are separating into distinct clumps of microbes. The various Strains are also doing everything from becoming airborne mists to them forming actual multicellular structures/organisms. It's certainly in its early phases, but you can certainly see this room becoming completely impassable within a couple hours. But what really is important is that you notice that a certain Strain's structure, presumably Strain W, is spitting out some sort of flying creature who's appearance is pretty much completely alien to you, and they're coming right at you! Not only that you also notice that the lab rats that are normally kept around somehow had their cages busted during the spill, and they are also infected. They're also coming right at you! That's not all, Strain F's biomass also begins growing out a spiked tentacle and is whipping it around violently--although it can't reach you yet, it'll probably be long enough to reach you very shortly.

You also notice that the microbe breeder you guys were using to initially breed these microbes isn't functional, so the microbes are breeding by themselves... The meteorite is still in the breeder, but you can't think of any reason why you would need it at the moment. Plus, it's fairly heavy--getting it out of this room at this moment is not a viable option.

There is a Guard's Security card on a mostly clean table in a corner. You probably could go for it and get out before the tentacle can reach you, but the rats and the flying things will be able to attack you before you can get out. There are probably other things in the room that might be useful, but nothing much else right out in the open.

Fortunately, you regenerate somewhat.

Maybe...maybe the computer room has information on the status of the building...but it's probably on lockdown. Well I'm going to check anyway

To the computer room!
[10]: You move towards the Computer Room, and arrive after the Mantis. You notice about the same things as him. As usual, there's not much point to respond differently for directly similar things.

Search the a research room for any notes related to my sort of symptoms, or any related strains I can experiment on.

EDIT: Edited for specificity.
((Not specific enuff))

[4]: You move to go to a research room, but you are interrupted by four people going past you and of course two of them shouting in surprise. Regardless, you manage to get to the research room but you don't manage to find any notes in your quick peeks. You don't know why you would have any here anyway--you guys didn't manage to put any of this equipment to work, because you didn't need to specifically examine any species at the time you were breeding them though you all certainly did plan to eventually. Also, you bred all the strains you found on the meteorite. What you saw is what you got--infected with, that is.

You regenerate further.

"Oh god."

Run over to the Contaminated Research Room and take a look around.
[13]: You also run to the Contaminated Research room and like ms. spotty, you spot hostiles! Lots of hostiles! They're coming right for you two!

Storage room. Also see if I can remember any way to seal off the research rooms.

Well..... Dead people were never a good sign. Some gear would be better than none.
[16]: You head to the Storage Room. Aside from the people screaming in surprise behind you, it goes without issue.

You see in the Storage Room a large amount of shelves with sizable amounts of examining tools, storage tools, and basically anything relating to researching unknown things. I could go on to list a bunch of various things that are in the room, but you have to realize the amount of time it takes me to list everything you might possibly be looking for is far greater than the amount of time it takes for you to realize what you definitely want. So, if you can think of something that might sensibly be used in some way to study living things, go ahead and request it. I will roll and if it seems like something you would have here and your roll wasn't shitty, I will let you have it. But otherwise, I'm not going to list every single thing here.

You do remember how to lock down each Research Room--there's a console on each entrance that can be used to lock the door if it recognizes your fingerprints. Fortunately, you are one of those who still have their fingers completely intact. However, locking them down is close to a moot point, what with the microbes already outside the Research Rooms, the infected literally running out of the lab... Really, any sort of containment from here is mostly pointless now. Not that you can't try, but there's not much point.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2014, 04:42:32 pm »

Examine these people. Introduce myself.
"Hello, my name is Zack Abrams. And you are...?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 04:47:01 pm »

"Oh god!"

Run like hell! To a different research room! It doesn't matter which one.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2014, 04:51:00 pm »

Stain W, bad. Card, good enough to risk it.

Grab card and then flee
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

blazing glory

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 05:05:26 pm »

I'm stuck in the same room with this thing....

Head to the section exit to section primary hastily.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »

Go to sub-section F.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

Go further down the hallway.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2014, 08:53:01 pm »

As a computer nerd boar, I NEEED my computer materials. Also loot the vending machine!

Uh, hello Zach...I'm Jimbo. You might remember me as that odd computer geek who got transferred in. So...uh...how's it like being...a mantis?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:55:20 pm by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 10:03:55 pm »

As a computer nerd boar, I NEEED my computer materials. Also loot the vending machine!
Care to be more specific?

blazing glory

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2014, 10:16:57 pm »

Care to be more specific?

Just assume he's grabbing all the USB's and floppy disk's.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2014, 10:59:56 pm »

Sure: inspect the cabinets for any useful computer related materials, loot the vending machine
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35