Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50504 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »

Name: Dave
Impending Doom: The stupidity of others.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2014, 08:12:58 pm »

Turn 19: Where I am increasingly irritated at people not being very active yet not bothering to tell me.

Also, fight! Fight! Fight!

Get up and stab scientist 2 in the neck with my knife.
[20!]: There is a stereotypical sword-unsheathing sound as you unsheathe your Combat Knife and stab scientist 2 in the neck, he starts choking noticably. But obviously, he isn't instantly killed, as he turns around very angrily. You did however inflict a very serious wound on him.

((That is in fact what I wanted, but scientist two would have been as well.))
Maul scientist one. With my sharp teeth!
[20!]: You bite down hard on the already choking scientist's chest. Good news, you bite down and cause far more actual damage than human teeth usually do in a single bite, thanks in most part to your mutation.

Bad news, by doing this you put yourself literally right up in his face, so he really can't really miss you in a retaliation strike.

Also, you regenerate slightly.

Take this fellow's hand saw away, then saw him with it into unconsciousness!

Punch the man in the solar plexus, just slightly below the diaphragm!

[14]: You punch the first scientist in the stomach, doing a fairly adept job at that. Unfortunately, due to no bones in your hands, or really anything solid, you do absolutely no damage! In fact, it's your hand that jiggles due to the punch, not his stomach.

Very unfortunate, obviously.

Exit the room, leave for Section Exit to Section Primary.
[16]: You leave the room and go to the Section Exit to Section Primary.

You are met with a melee between 3 people you do not know and 5 of your friends.

Net the charging 3rd scientist
[3]: You fire your net at the scientist but the shot goes wildly off target and into the darkness, the sound of shattered glass and bullet casings being thrown around is audible.

Lost Items:
1 Large Net.

Hm... Add a few grenades to the mix. And that taser too, perhaps? Go out to search for other survivors.
[5]: You add a "few" grenades (3) and a taser to your arsenal. It is here that you realize that the grenades say "Flashbang" and "Teargas".

Gained Items:
1 Flashbang grenade.
2 Teargas grenades.
Taser.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Get those stupid teeth out of my chest!
[10]: Irritated at being bit, the first infected scientist punches at Felicia with his sawhand. Since Felicia is biting down on him and can't really evade because of it, he hits. Of course, it would be more effective if he actually slashed with it, but he punches anyway, and it slightly hurts Felicia.

Also, because it makes more sense for it to not be a player exclusive thing, he also regenerates a little bit of health.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 2
OW! Starn, that hurt. I believe you need to be taught a lesson.
[11]: The second infected scientist, having been stabbed in the neck, swings around in anger and cuts Starn's arm slightly, and sprays some blood around, both his and Starn's.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 3
I don't appreciate nets.
[9]: The third infected scientist, angry at being shot at with nets, swings a deadly blow at Jimbo. She connects, pushing Jimbo sideways back a step, but the blow was not actually that painful as it neither hit a very delicate spot nor did it hit very directly.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

Finish off scientist 2 with a Knife to the chest and follow it up with shoving him over.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »

Take the failing hard drive out and use wereboar strength to bash it over scientist 3's skull
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2014, 09:34:31 pm »

Nom nom nom
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2014, 10:05:26 pm »

Name: Peter Benjamin Jackson (P.B.J)
Strength:Efficient and Creative, also a nice guy, with a dry sense of humor and surprisingly good delivery
Weakness:Doesn't pay attention to surroundings, due to not thinking of what's going on, but on what his own ideas are. Jokes and hints sometimes go over his head
Impending Doom: "I'm afraid of technology, one robot that's a little smarter than it should be! We are done for!"
Description:Short, overweight, balding white guy with square glasses, a yellow button up shirt over a 'Wing Fest' stained t-shirt, shorts and sandals. Also has a handlebar mustache. Worked as the corps computer engineer and virtual simulator of mutation
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:07:56 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »

And to think I was slightly worried about the lack of waitlisters and that I'd need to search around for new players.

Also

Nom nom nom
Most descriptive action ever. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2014, 12:30:48 am »

Attack one of the people that aren't my friends. Any one of them will do.
"What is this?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2014, 03:17:42 am »

Ah! Perhaps a kick to the same area will do the trick?

If the scientist I'm currently fighting is dead for some reason before I get to kicking him, try it with another enemy scientist.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2014, 04:44:02 am »

"What is this?"
What weapon/body part will you use in said attack?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2014, 08:48:04 am »

My gun.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:45 am »

Onwards! Search for humanoids!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2014, 04:07:33 pm »

Tackle clawed scientist, and stab his face

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2014, 12:15:32 am »

Turn 20: Combat mutations, how exciting! Well, maybe for you. For me, it makes no difference, you're still accursed players that need to die obviously.

Finish off scientist 2 with a Knife to the chest and follow it up with shoving him over.
[11]: You attempt to stab scientist 2 in the chest with a knife, then try to shove him over. You succeed in the former somewhat, stabbing him in the chest but not in the vitals, yet the latter you find one of your friends, Nick, knocking you and the infected onto the ground just as you start pushing the infected.

How inconsiderate.

Suddenly, you feel tingly and you find your chest bursting out of your clothes and becoming both longer and larger. You are probably far tougher now, but on the other hand you are now incredibly unwieldy and melee is likely going to be a severe challenge. You can barely hold yourself upright now.

You also are probably going to hit the ceiling a lot more now. Watch the doors, they'll probably be a source of many headaches.

Take the failing hard drive out and use wereboar strength to bash it over scientist 3's skull
[11]: You take out the harddrive and smash it on scientist 3's skull. Despite your strength, there is only so much damage a non-heavy object can do in blunt force damage. You manage to hurt her, but only slightly.

The harddrive, on the other hand, has its casing rather noticeably dented. Keep this up and it probably will go from "failing" to "non-functional".

Suddenly, however, you feel tingly. And before you can stop to think, you notice your body shifting dramatically. You're still quite buffy, but it takes only the extension of your nose forward and the large amount of furs, and some serious claws to realize that you have become--as one might typically expect from a "were" disease--a werewolf. This is not stereotypical at all.

But then again, the RNG rolled a canine and the other alternatives would be roughly equally deadly or far less cool dogs, so yeah, I opted for cool.

Nom nom nom
[3]: You fail to nom as the scientist opens your jaws, and pushes you violently away.

You regenerate slightly.

"What is this?"
[14]: With the decision of the dice, you pull out your machinepistol and begin firing at the third scientist with a short burst. Slightly less than half the shots hit, but you seriously wound her.

Unfortunately, this gun is very loud. In a confined space. It doesn't take an absurdly intelligent person to realize that if there isn't very loud gunfire going on somewhere else, people are going to be attracted to the noise... This may not have been the most thought-out decision you've made.

Ah! Perhaps a kick to the same area will do the trick?

If the scientist I'm currently fighting is dead for some reason before I get to kicking him, try it with another enemy scientist.

[18]: You wind up a mighty kick, and smash the first scientist with your foot. It hurts you, but it probably hurt him far worse. He looks like he is in quite a bit of pain.

However, due to the fact that one of your friends is shooting their gun around, he's far more worried about being shot than being kicked.

Onwards! Search for humanoids!
[16]: You sear-oh, gunfireohgod it's loud. There's some gunfire coming down from the Section C Primary, that of a rapid fire weapon. Light, but rapid fire. An SMG or a machinepistol.

Well, you don't have to search. However, do you want to go out to meet people with guns, who might freak out at the sight of your tail and shoot you?

Tackle clawed scientist, and stab his face
[11]: You run and knock over the second scientist, and by extension your friend Starn. You then try to stab his face, but due to it being his face he violently dodges it and you only succeed at cutting the side of his face.

You also put yourself in the prime position to be retaliated by him.

On the other hand, you feel tingly and suddenly find your spikes on your back extending and sharpening further. But what is especially noticeable is the large alteration of your intestines and the long and thick tail now coming from your rear. It has a spiked mace-like bone formation at the end.

Quote from: scapheap
I do not post yet I must mutate.
Indeed you must. You tingle and suddenly you feel as though tendrils reach down from your head and into your chest. The same skin coloring, composition, and bumps extend somewhat down into your chest. Tendrils also begin sprouting out of your back, like your head, and your back is now incredibly black and filled with bioluminescent bumps. This hurts. A lot!

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Argh! I'm being accosted by a horrible facemonster! Attack her back!
[4]: He swings violently but apparently misses every single time despite Felicia not really dodging massively.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 2
Nick, you ass! Time to die!
[9]: The infected scientist, angry at being repeatedly stabbed and nearing death, sees no reason to hold back and begins swinging violently at Nick and despite his claw strikes being relatively inaccurate there are enough to hit Nick several times and slightly wound him.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 3
Holy crap, somebody is shooting at me! I need to take him out.
[1!]: No, ma'am, you don't need to take him out.

What you do need to do is to cringe in pain and swing randomly in the air. Yeah. Good job, girl.

The fudge, do I need to add MORE scientists in order to provide something even remotely challenging?!

On another note, the Critic virus apparently does not believe she is doing so well, especially against bullets. So--and this is fairly visible--her skin begins growing very hard scales throughout large portions of her body. She probably is far less agile now, but killing her is going to be a challenge.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:

blazing glory

« Reply #314 on: July 24, 2014, 12:36:10 am »

((What would be the most dangerous wound? Heavily or severely wounded?))

Start punching scientist 2 in the face until he just dies.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35