Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51119 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #495 on: August 30, 2014, 04:00:01 pm »

Examine what's in front of me.
It is impossible for me to guess what you mean by "in front" when the direction of facing of characters is neither listed nor really considered at all.

Do you mean the room ahead? In that case, you would gain absolutely no new information, since most information has already been gleamed of the room ahead.

Quietly move to some cover
In which room? The room ahead? The only cover there is a few pieces of broken table and maybe a few small things to the side. Hardly any cover at all.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 30, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »

The room ahead, yes.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2014, 04:24:31 pm »

Sure, quietly move to the room ahead
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 30, 2014, 07:21:18 pm »

Move into room ahead. Be ready to tentacle attack anything that is hostile and confronts me.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2014, 02:10:43 am »

Sure, quietly move to the room ahead
Move into room ahead. Be ready to tentacle attack anything that is hostile and confronts me.
Move and stay in the large, open, mostly empty, and lit room ahead? That is connected to other rooms of similar statuses?

Also, I will note that pretty much about now I'm going to make true of the decision I made on turn 30. No more tips from me.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 31, 2014, 04:45:56 am »

Portion B-Section C Employee Lockers: Move here, quietly

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2014, 07:48:38 am »

To this room as well, with ready tentacle attack.
My Area

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 01, 2014, 10:06:57 pm »

Turn 33: The group explores the magical lands of a locker room. There, they find exactly what is on the tin, a locker room. It's, like, one of the two mostly pointless rooms I made connected to the Portion Hub and 3/8 players explore it... *shrug* I'm sure you guys had a good reason to explore it.

On another note, someone tells people to go away on a note. Notable, huh?

Make way to Portion B-Section A Security Room,stealthily.
[2]: Welp, you make your way towards the security room when the blur of Nick causes you to stumble and nearly kick a clip of ammo way off into the distance.

You stumble backwards to try and avoid kicking it, before you nearly step on a pistol and slide on it. Thankfully you avoid sliding.

You decide to stop lest you suddenly make a lot of noise.

Glean the secrets of professional waiting from Felicia. Compare notes. Quietly.
[1!]: You gain no new secrets because you have nobody to compare notes with! Oh noes! Your blobby head explodes in terror, but of course it quickly comes back together because blobs.

quietly slip forward and collect the notepad, back off to where I have some cover/conealment, and read what it says
[18]: You go and collect the notepad and read it. It seems to be written in a forceful manner as if someone slowly wrote it down.

It says: "Name is Dan   Defenses failed overrun squad dead infected got past door   Don't trust infected go away   will make way out by self".

Well, how social. Though to be fair, he did see a lot of death and he has no reason to trust you at all.

You look back at the table to see him pointing over the table with his hand at the Security Room next to your group, his head and body still behind the part of the table. He then thumbs to the locked door to the Level -5 Center. His gun remains trained on your group.

Get back to the group, then see if I can make it to the Employee lockers
[20!]: You become a blur as you get past the group and into the employee lockers.

Copy and paste from Tamer since I wrote his first:

You arrive to a room with almost no blood and still lit. It consists of multiple rows of, surprise surprise, lockers. There is nowhere to hide so you quickly come to the conclusion that there's nobody in here. Unless they're somehow hiding in a locker. Which is unlikely, and probably would've left clothes on the floor.

This room of course contains the non-work clothes and equipment of employees, along with private rooms to switch clothes in. You didn't check those yet. The lockers are locked and only unlocked by the proper employee's card. You also know that there's not likely to be much here usable for combat, as weapons are held on the ground floor, except for a few weapons that employees might bring with them after a long and detailed examination of the employee and the weapon in question that most people aren't interested in going through. Even further, if they brought weapons down here, you expect that people probably would wear them rather than leave it in this room, as leaving it here would effectively defeat the purpose.

So that means the only things of value down here are probably going to be clothes. Which is not worth much to you.

Examine what's in front of me.
[19]: You examine the room ahead of you. The room that was described quite a bit already to others and has very few things to examine.

Read the older posts for what you see. You gain no new information that the group hasn't already discovered... Like I said. I'm not going to copy and paste either, because I'd have to go searching just as much as you have to. You... have the same abilities I have of going back a few turns to look.

Wait for confirmation of non-hostilities. Then, pick up a rifle with some ammo.
[6]: Did hostilities end? Did anyone confirm? Can you stealth? You have the answers to none of these questions. And thus you remain still, worried to death about seemingly minor things.

Oh okay I guess I'll give you a rifle since you didn't get something like Blazing's 2. You don't find much ammo though.

Gained Items:
Reaper Assault Rifle (empty).
2 Reaper clips (all full).

[16]: You head to the Employee Lockers.

You arrive to a room with almost no blood and still lit. It consists of multiple rows of, surprise surprise, lockers. There is nowhere to hide so you quickly come to the conclusion that there's nobody in here. Unless they're somehow hiding in a locker. Which is unlikely, and probably would've left clothes on the floor.

This room of course contains the non-work clothes and equipment of employees, along with private rooms to switch clothes in. You didn't check those yet. The lockers are locked and only unlocked by the proper employee's card. You also know that there's not likely to be much here usable for combat, as weapons are held on the ground floor, except for a few weapons that employees might bring with them after a long and detailed examination of the employee and the weapon in question that most people aren't interested in going through. Even further, if they brought weapons down here, you expect that people probably would wear them rather than leave it in this room, as leaving it here would effectively defeat the purpose.

So that means the only things of value down here are probably going to be clothes. Which is not worth much to you.

You suddenly notice that out of nowhere Nick appears behind you.

You regenerate.

To this room as well, with ready tentacle attack.
[12]: Conveniently, there's a post just above you with a detailed examination of the room you have just entered. You can consider that to be your turn as well. The alternative is to copy and paste something that is just above your turn.

You regenerate slightly.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:

blazing glory

« Reply #503 on: September 01, 2014, 10:13:35 pm »

Go to the security room.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:56 pm »

Return to main group and see if situation with notebook man is resolved

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:34 pm »

I make a slight bow towards the table, then go to the security room he pointed at to see if I can find a way to get that door open, walking as quietly as I'm able and listening for any other threats. while doing so I look for additional clips for my new battle rifle and collect them if I see them, but I don't load it while I'm in the line of sight of the table. Once in the security room, Then I load it, make sure it chambers a round, and thumb the safety a couple times to get a feel for the weapon. Then I make sure it's on safe and go about the buisness of looking for a way to open the door.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:59:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 01, 2014, 11:07:58 pm »

Find good clothes, then cut holes for my tentacles, with my teeth. If possible, do this with armor as well. I wanna be a classy and well protected tentacle monster.
My Area

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2014, 01:55:47 am »

See to a Dan's advice and follow Erin. With her superior hearing, she seems the best person to stay around. Cover her while she seeks method to pry the door open.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 03, 2014, 11:57:37 pm »

Explore the maintenance room

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 05, 2014, 01:48:00 am »

You know, I think I'm just going to end this here. I have a feeling it would be the best.

Lost my interest, and I'm pretty sure you've all lost your interest for the most part (if you haven't, then sorry, but it's for the greater good). Of course, that's not the only problem: I'm getting close to where I might have to shift my priorities in my life, and this RTD is pretty low on the list. I also realized how slow forum games were again (of course, a large portion of that is indeed my fault, I will admit that), and I discovered that there are some things that I'm especially not interested in doing when GMing RTDs that unfortunately also were pretty much integral parts of this RTD (namely, things that trigger periodically without player request, like regeneration and mutations). Combined with my inability to actually find RTDs I'm interested in being a player in, there's nothing really keeping me connected to this RTD or RTDs in general.

So I figure that it's best that this ends, rather than overstaying its welcome. Both so I can get its weight off my shoulders, and so everyone can forget it ever existed after a week. Oh well! Maybe I'll make another forum game some time in the future, maybe I won't. Either way, this RTD is going down to the depths of the forums, where nobody will ever remember it existed, such as most things in life.

As for an ending to the RTD in-character? *shrug* I leave it up to the reader and players. You could probably imagine a better ending faster than I could write one, anyway, assuming you care. If you don't, then you probably don't care about a "proper" ending anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35