Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Wiki CSS template for small-screen devices, please?  (Read 4574 times)

tivasyk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DF Wiki CSS template for small-screen devices, please?
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:26:06 am »

you can't play dwarf fortress on a smartphone… but you can still read df wiki on it, whether during the play (sometimes it seems just that little bit more comfortable than switching screens/apps) or just on the go (believe it or not i do that sometimes).

and while i love opening wikipedia on a smartphone because it has such an unbelievably comfortable css template for small-screen devices…

…i can't bring myself to really love df wiki on a smartphone: font size is too small, several columns and insert boxes require frequent horizontal scrolling and pinch-zooming in and out, search field is too small etc…

not being a css huru i still wonder if i'm the only one trying to read df wiki on a smartphone?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:21:06 am by tivasyk »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Wiki CSS template for small-screen devices, please?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 06:33:33 pm »

I've been meaning to tackle this for a while. I'm unable to at the moment, since the server is having issues with extensions, but I'll take a look at some CSS options once they get sorted out.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

tivasyk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:13:41 am »

…I'll take a look at some CSS options once they get sorted out.
i'm really looking forward to it!

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 02:18:54 am »

I think this is still sorely needed!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:34:31 pm »

It would be easiest to use MobileFrontend, which requires Mediawiki 1.23+ (assuming the information on Mediawiki.org is correct), so we'd need to finish upgrading the wiki first.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 03:55:11 am »

Cool. Since the 1.23 upgrade is already in process, this sounds like it will be the least amount of effort to support mobile. +1