Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Waitlist Open]  (Read 9139 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Sign-Ups]
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 10:21:48 am »

ptw

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:03 am »

I'm going to be making a decision by midnight tonight, GMT, so get your sheets in before that time.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 06:28:05 pm »

I sorted through the players and made a final decision, so here we are! Had to go two over, but there were a lot of great players. For those on the waitlist, I apologize for not being able to fit you in but I imagine with the fact that a lot of people have the "summon entity" spell (Probably the riskiest of all spells especially in it's starting state) that we'll be seeing you very very soon. Keep an eye out for the first update!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »

I don't see myself on the waitlist. Did you miss me entirely, or just forgot to put me there?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

(My apologies, I swore I had you on the waitlist. Edited now, anyway. Let's begin.)
Episode 1: Oversleeping
Turn 1 (8:00)
All Players
You wake up as the sun shines into your window. You're feeling apprehensive about this day, for you have an interview today. On one hand, you'd have a job. On the other, you'd have to balance learning to be a mage with having a job. It's a tough choice. Oh well, what's the ti--

Oh God, it's 8:00! You overslept! The interview is at 9:10, so that's only an hour and ten minutes (14 turns) away. Dammit, this is bad. If you miss this interview, then you might get your welfare cut.  Obviously, what you have to do is to...

Objective: Get to the interview on time.
Bonuses: Get there in a presentable state.
Bonuses: Get there early.
Bonuses: Get there after having eaten something, had a shower, brushed your teeth, and had some coffee.

Objectives are mandatory goals that you have to complete in order to get a point for this episode. Bonuses are optional achievements. If you complete a bonus, you get an extra point.

Let's hope there's time.
House Layout

Red is the first floor, green is the second.
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scapheap (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 02:22:54 pm »

Bonuses: Get there after having eaten something, had a shower, brushed your teeth, and had some coffee.
Ehhh, too much work.

Put on my best clothes and generally try to make myself look prepared for the interview.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »

Norton panics and jumps out of bed! There was no time to waste, that was for certain!

To the bathroom! Wash face, wet hair, scrub mouth, etc. Don't be afraid to splash water all over the place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 04:24:20 pm »

Walk down stair to the kitchen and grab bowl of food
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 04:40:26 pm »

"Oh dear, we should really get an alarm clock en here."

Go to the bathroom, take a shower and brush my teeth. Then make sure my hair is presentable and put on my somewhat formal clothes

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »

Quickly, Brush teeth as I head to the kitchen!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 05:30:49 pm »

OH GOD
Start some coffee and pour a bowl of cereal
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 06:54:42 pm »

Turn 2 (8:05)
Put on my best clothes and generally try to make myself look prepared for the interview.
[6] You put on a snappy tuxedo which you spent the majority of your dole money buying a few months ago. As you attach the bowtie, you feel that this may be slightly overdressing for what is really just a minor job interview, but you quickly dismiss it. [3] You spruce yourself up with some cheap lavender-styled cologne. You imagine the tuxedo will take their minds off your generally hapdash "Literally just got up" look.

To the bathroom! Wash face, wet hair, scrub mouth, etc. Don't be afraid to splash water all over the place.
"Oh dear, we should really get an alarm clock en here."

Go to the bathroom, take a shower and brush my teeth. Then make sure my hair is presentable and put on my somewhat formal clothes
[1], [2] In a competition to get to the bathroom, Norton and Herman try to get past each other. They both make very feeble efforts, but eventually Herman gets out on top, forcing Norton to wait his turn. [3] [2] He takes a shower and a brush at the same time, and it seems both efforts suffer for it. The shower manages to purge some his stink but the morning breath is still present. Norton pushes in before Herman's even done toweling and then starts splashing water all over his face, ignoring the protests of Herman. [6, 1, 6] Herman cleans his face and mouth extremely well, but don't manage to get much done on the hair because he has literally overfilled the sink. He turns off the sink but the floor is soaked.

Walk down stair to the kitchen and grab bowl of food
You run down the stairs on the way to the kitchen, heading inside and opening the door of the fridge. [5] Brilliant, there's that takeaway pizza from last night when Derm managed to convince that delivery guy that you were the residence he was meant to deliver to. Ah, that will probably bite you in the arse in future. Anyway, you take it out and lay it on the table, then start eating. [6] OH GOD THIS PIZZA IS SO GOOOOOOD. Nothing like morning pizza that's as cold as the light of day. However, you start getting a queasy feeling. You know, it's odd how the pizza's cheese had the same tinge as the fungus growing in the fridge... Perhaps it's basil?

Quickly, Brush teeth as I head to the kitchen!
[1]You grab a toothbrush from the mug beside the sink, but then slip on the water those two idiots left on the floor. You slide out of the toilet, hoping that the water hasn't spread out to the wooden floorboards of the hall... but it has. Your course takes a trip down the stairs. [3] You tumble and fall down the stairs, but don't break anything and eventually arrive at the bottom. You're still in horrible pain, though. [5] Somehow, during all of this, you've managed to actually brush your teeth completely. You taste minty flesh, which is not an acceptable substitute for non-fractured bones.

OH GOD
Start some coffee and pour a bowl of cereal
[5] [5] You rush down the stairs, past the flailing body of Derm, then powerslide into the kitchen, set up the coffee on the slide, set yourself up on a chair without pause, and then make yourself a bowl of delicious not-rice krispies that you got from Lidl. Helen is looking at you in surprise through her rapidly greening skin. You casually chomp on the cereal while you pour the best damn cup of coffee you've ever made.

... Okay, maybe it was a little less cool then that, but it was pretty cool.
House Layout

Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scapheap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:56:47 pm by Fniff »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 06:57:36 pm »

Get interview clothes on. Slick back hair. Head downstairs and go grab some coffee.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 07:00:07 pm »

Quickly, drink coffee, make jelly toast!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 07:02:19 pm »

brush teeth again. fix hair. put on presentable clothes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6