Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Waitlist Open]  (Read 9140 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welfare Wizards: Regular Problems, Magic Solutions [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 07:31:37 pm »

Grab my wallet, relieve myself with the downstairs toilet, then grab three pieces of bread and quickly eat while checking on whatever vehicle I have.

((Yes, three pieces of bread. I am a Good Person.))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:33 pm »

Head for the (unoccupied) bathroom and get washed and brushed.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 03:59:35 am »

Make a cup of coffee and drink it
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 05:09:10 pm »

Turn 3 (8:10)
Get interview clothes on. Slick back hair. Head downstairs and go grab some coffee.
[3] You wear a t-shirt saying "I Shot The Sheriff" with a photoshop of Bob Marley behind bars, and a pair of jeans. Yep, this is the right amount of non-effort. [1] You somehow manage to make your hair look even worse then usual. You go downstairs and grab a cup of coffee to quickly drink. You do so.

Quickly, drink coffee, make jelly toast!
You quickly down the coffee [4] and don't get anything for it apart from a slight burning sensation in your throat. Expert motor skills. You start making some jam sandwiches very quickly. [5] Expertly made! The inventor of the sandwich himself couldn't do it any better. [4] It tastes as good as you pictured it. Soon it disappears into your stomach.

brush teeth again. fix hair. put on presentable clothes
[4] [2] You manage to get your teeth in a presentable state, but your hair seems to be beyond help. You go to your bedroom and get some clothes on. [6] Yep, this is the perfect get-up. Business casual, nice shirt and jacket, you look like a right professional... Wait. Oh God, there's a massive green stain on the jacket's shoulder. And it soaked through to the shirt. That ruined the effect completely.

Grab my wallet, relieve myself with the downstairs toilet, then grab three pieces of bread and quickly eat while checking on whatever vehicle I have.
You take your wallet after relieving yourself in the toilet. Counting the €60 you spent on the dinner jacket and such, [15] the fiver you spent on getting that bag of chips, that leaves you with €15 in cash. Not bad. As you chomp on the bread you took that will make the loaf completely unbalanced forever, you look over your vehicles. There are none. There's a few options you can take. You could walk to the interview, which would take about 55 minutes (11 turns). It would be the easiest, but you would feel extremely tired and probably very sweaty. You could take the Luas (Dublin's tram service) which would get you there in 20 minutes (4 turns) but would cost you about €8.20 which wouldn't be great for your wallet. You could always steal a bike which would make it in 20 minutes (4 turns) or even a car which would make it in ten (2 turns) but would probably get you in trouble with the guards or at least the owner.

Head for the (unoccupied) bathroom and get washed and brushed.
You head into the now cleared out upstairs bathroom and start cleaning up. [6] [5] You brush your teeth so much they shine, but you accidentally get some soap in your eyes while you're cleaning up. OH GOD AGH! [1] You end up slipping on the wet floor and landing sharply on your back. Bloody hell! You're lucky you didn't break something there.

Make a cup of coffee and drink it
You make yourself a cup of coffee and drink it.

[6] It's good, if a little too hot for your tastes.

... What? It's a cup of coffee. What do you want, an essay on it?
House Layout

Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scapheap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:18:43 pm by Fniff »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2014, 05:16:27 pm »

Steal a comb from the bathroom and head to my closet to get my handsome on.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 05:19:31 pm »

((Oh hey, that's plenty of time, even taking into account The Great and Glorious RNG. All hail The Great and Glorious RNG.))

In a model display of efficiency, go take a shower.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

Head back to bedroom to get change.
if someone walk in and take a peek, read mind to decide strength of pervert-destroying punch
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2014, 05:25:09 pm »

Get me a suit jacket of some sort on and eat something edible within 5 feet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »

"WHO OVERFLOWED THE SINK JESUS THERE WILL BE MOLD EVERYWHERE"
Clean up with my elementa- No. Not yet. The time will come.
Head back to my room and get dressed, something just formal enough for a job interview.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2014, 05:31:31 pm »

Darn, do hair again, change stained jacket and shirt for something more presentable!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 08:45:22 pm »

(Apologies for the wait, thought we were waiting on someone.)
Turn 4 (8:15)
Steal a comb from the bathroom and head to my closet to get my handsome on.
You head into the downstairs bathroom as Nathan starts showering and ignore his protests as you comb your hair. You are so glad this house doesn't have any locks except on the front door. [4] Your hair is acceptably messy. Professionally messy: it shows you're a maverick on the edge who doesn't need no brushes or combs.
In a model display of efficiency, go take a shower.
Trying to ignore Derm's presence, you begin to shower. [2] You are midway between getting the shampoo in when the water goes too cold for you to manage. You jump out and get your clothes on and try to hide your embarassment.
Head back to bedroom to get change.
if someone walk in and take a peek, read mind to decide strength of pervert-destroying punch

You get your interview clothes on. [3] Black sweater, beret, and combat trousers. You think the hirers may be a front for the IRA so maybe dressing like a militant might help? Unfortunately, no-one comes in so you can't punch anyone. A sad day for anyone.
Get me a suit jacket of some sort on and eat something edible within 5 feet.
[2] You grab a bright pink suit jacket from your bedroom then head back down to eat something. [1] It's the pizza. Oh Gooood, your stomach. It feels like it's having a party and the cops have arrived and they're all throwing the drugs down the toilet, AKA into your guts. Did I mention the drugs are sulphuric acid?

"WHO OVERFLOWED THE SINK JESUS THERE WILL BE MOLD EVERYWHERE"
Clean up with my elementa- No. Not yet. The time will come.
Head back to my room and get dressed, something just formal enough for a job interview.
[4] Business casual, unstained. Good enough.

Darn, do hair again, change stained jacket and shirt for something more presentable!
[5] You put on your "special occasion" suit which you inherited from your father. It's personally tailored for him but he was basically your size anyway. It looks snazzy as hell and you really hope you don't get a stain on it.
House Layout

Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scapheap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:50:59 pm by Fniff »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2014, 08:48:06 pm »

Clothes make the man!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 08:53:20 pm »

Going to have to figure out some way to deal with that issue. Telepaths cannot afford petty qualms about privacy.

Brush teeth then drink coffee. Use Read Mind on Derm in revenge.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »

Perfect! Head out the door. If I have to vomit, do it, but otherwise just try to remember if I have a car or not, or if I take the bus instead.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2014, 06:59:29 am »

One last try to get the hair in order, THen head out and get on the correct bus. It may be bad for my wallet, but short term loss for long term gain!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:20:10 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6