Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Premium release 1-elevation constructions (for impulse ramps/stairs) possible?  (Read 439 times)

nate.219

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the steam release version of the game there appears to be no easy way to dig out things such as up/down stairs or tracks without a lot of pain.
If I want to dig a line of up/down stairs I need to go one z-level up, start the queue, go 2 z-levels down and make the line, then cancel the designations on the top and bottom designations.
Its worse when you want to build impulse ramps, which require you to dig out the level above, and channel down, then start a track above, end it below, then carve another track in the direction you want to go and then cancel the extra steps.

I was really hoping for a mod that could add back in the old functionality of being able to choose between just the simple 'dig stairwell' options with 'dig up stair', 'dig down stair' and 'dig up/down stair' as well as the construction of all the old track things like in old DF (ie the possiblility of 'construct ramp with NW track' etc rather than building the ramp and carving the track directly).

Is anyone aware if this is possible with modding or is this a vain hope?

Cheers!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Do DFHack's quickfort blueprints work? It would probably be a pain to use if you were just trying to designate stuff freeform, but if you're building stuff like impulse ramps then designating from a schematic is practical.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nate.219

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do DFHack's quickfort blueprints work? It would probably be a pain to use if you were just trying to designate stuff freeform, but if you're building stuff like impulse ramps then designating from a schematic is practical.

Wow thats a great idea! Yeah still annoying for normal building but the biggest issue I had was impulse ramps, so I guess I could setup a bunch of them in different directions and use that!
Still hoping that someone might be able to turn this into a mod in future though. I know nothing of coding df mods but maybe I could give it a go...

Cheers!