Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.2 | DF 0.47.05  (Read 218230 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • They got the guns, But we got the numbers
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.1 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1005 on: March 30, 2021, 01:01:15 am »

Clément may have more/better to say but as an immediate workaround start therapist (online) and then from the menu:
file -> options -> general and under Updates uncheck the 'Automatically Check for Updates' box.
Now it should launch offline without problems.
(Updates can still be checked for manually under the help menu when online.)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 30, 2021, 04:12:26 am »

I've got a weird issue. I've got the most recent version of the DF Starter and Dwarf Therapist wont start up unless my computer is connected to the internet. The game and DF hack pop up fine but if I try to start up therapist offline nothing happens. No task manager activity or anything..just a 1/4 second thought spin. If I start up therapist while online it pops up fine and continues to work if I immediately disconnect. Is it calling home for updates or something?
Clément may have more/better to say but as an immediate workaround start therapist (online) and then from the menu:
file -> options -> general and under Updates uncheck the 'Automatically Check for Updates' box.
Now it should launch offline without problems.
(Updates can still be checked for manually under the help menu when online.)
Yes, this looks like a known issue. The github issue thread contains a link to a fixed version you may want to test or you can use feelotraveller's workaround. If you are unable to access the options because of the crash, you may edit the settings file directly (C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Dwarf Therapist\Dwarf Therapist.ini on Windows), find "check_for_updates_on_startup" and change true to false.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.2 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1007 on: April 05, 2021, 08:34:06 am »

New version released: 41.2.2

Changelog:
  • fixed "take it easy" need description
  • fixed attaching to DF when loading preferences from the role editor dialog
  • fixed a crash on startup when there is no internet access

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 08, 2021, 10:28:14 pm »

While you are in a testing mood, could you check these ones? I'd like for the 5.9 version to work with 10.10-10.12 and the 5.15 with 10.13-10.15 (and hopefully macOS 11 too).

I tested that Qt5.9.9 one in MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on both Intel Mac and Apple Silicon. I didn't have admin access on those computers, but it seemed like it was working.

Can anyone running Catalina and/or Big Sur confirm that [this build](https://github.com/cvuchener/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/download/untagged-434981bac7a342d0c89b/DwarfTherapist--osx64-qt5.9.9.dmg) of Dwarf Fortress can read/commit to a Dwarf Fortress instance on Big Sur or Catalina? I'm only on Mojave, but it's working fine on Mojave.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68]