Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack Script: Unbutcherable Sentient Workaround for fortress mode  (Read 729 times)

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack Script: Unbutcherable Sentient Workaround for fortress mode
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:56:26 am »

Hey all,

What it says on the tin. This script is made for fortress mode, and its a fire and forget kind of thing. Based on expwnent's invader-item-destoryer script, this little guy waits for someone or something to die, checks to see if they're from the current fortress' civ, and sets all the dead_dwarf flags to [glow]false[/glow] on the square the critter died. Not the cleanest fix, but it works w/o you needing to type commands every time you go on a killing spree  :P

Caveat: IF a dead civ member happens to be on the same square as the non-civ critter dies, they will lose dead_dwarf status too  :-\ If that happens, use 'gui/gm-editor' on the member to question and set 'dead_dwarf' to true again

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Script: Unbutcherable Sentient Workaround for fortress mode
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:28:31 am »

I take setting everything on a square to dead dwarf = false is intended to deal with cut-off limbs, but they usually fly off in an arc. Might be more comprehensive to search all items for corpsepieces which are linked to/named after the dead unit, though that is more computationally expensive.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 06:21:14 am »

really not that much more tbh, it's still O(n) and the size of n, what, doubles on average? and that's probably overestimating, it's really not that big a problem

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 04:08:45 pm »

Thanks for the input guys! You are absolutely right. I modified the script to do just that  :P :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »

Just to add, removing the 'rotten' setting via DFhack's stockpile managers inner hotkey options after entering it [CTRL+X inscreen] you'll be able to use pet materials on that pile (a link to the post where i *slaughtered a named pet dog then used its named skull to procure un-named goods).

It also works on semi-intelligents (assumedly also intelligents) for processing objects like troll ivory.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:45:11 pm by FantasticDorf »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:37:08 pm »

Does this allow butchering of any and all sentients? I am currently getting around this by using a script that butchers the body(part) for you, but that script was more written for total conversion mods that want to get rid of all vanilla buildings and still be able to butcher animals.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 01:10:15 am »

sed s/sentient/sapient
Engraved here is a rendition of an image of the Dwarf Fortress learning curve. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It depicts an obsidian overhang which menaces with spikes of obsidian and tears. Carved on the overhang is an image of Toady One and the players. The players are curled up in a fetal position. Toady One is laughing. The players are burning.
The VectorCurses+1 tileset strikes the square set and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 04:41:52 am »

Sorry for bumping but wow, I just really want to thank you for making this. ;D

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »

Wow, I really should check back in the forums more often haha.

Does this allow butchering of any and all sentients? I am currently getting around this by using a script that butchers the body(part) for you, but that script was more written for total conversion mods that want to get rid of all vanilla buildings and still be able to butcher animals.

Sorry for the delay Roses. It should. The script scans the map for deaths and if said creature is NOT part of your current civ, the script changes it's dead_dwarf tag from true to false. Then your cannibalistic little guys will carry on with making elf biscuits  :P :P

Hopefully Toady fixes this bug with the new update, but if he doesn't I'll be at at the ready to update the script to do so (once dfhack is updated of course  ;D)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 06:20:22 pm »

Wow, I really should check back in the forums more often haha.

Sorry for the delay Roses. It should. The script scans the map for deaths and if said creature is NOT part of your current civ, the script changes it's dead_dwarf tag from true to false. Then your cannibalistic little guys will carry on with making elf biscuits  :P :P

Hopefully Toady fixes this bug with the new update, but if he doesn't I'll be at at the ready to update the script to do so (once dfhack is updated of course  ;D)

Except Dwarves eating elves isn't cannibalism at all, rather elves eating elves is.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 09:28:53 am »

True. Though the eaters may be elves part of your civ.