Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]

Author Topic: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9  (Read 232038 times)

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PerfectWorldDF world creator utility v.1.9
« Reply #750 on: November 05, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »

I'd much rather have 100+ z levels, than a measly 45-60.

Same. Indeed, if that is actually the case, this could be a deal-breaker for me.

Good to know it isn't just me being stupid and screwing with some weird setting!  I've been editing the generation, but still no luck with doing anything that raises elevation.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 21, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »

if perfect world says "yes" instead of "using PW", it uses previously used PW (inside the world gen).  is there any way to convert that to "no"?  just asking in case mp explodes or something because of an odd alignment map, which might not be so bad but just in case. XD

Morcaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 24, 2017, 01:15:00 pm »

I Have a question that I can seem to answer even with the manual and videos of people doing this.

I have created a world in DF that I really like and want to seed everything about it, however when I try to import this into PW none of the maps are saved and the biome map is blank.

When I try to generate a new map it creates a new one. Well I want the old one. How do I do this?

Everything starts with "Have pre set? No" I need it to say yes without creating brand new maps...

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 07, 2017, 09:45:57 am »

I have been missing for a number of months! Sorry everyone.

I've been comparing some PerfectWorld generated maps versus some default world generation.  It seems that the embark depth is often three or four times as little as it is on default worlds.  Is there anything I can do to tweak this or make it so that PW maps have high embark depth?  I'd much rather have 100+ z levels, than a measly 45-60.

This is something you can set in the world gen settings. The wiki should describe it in detail. You can set how many z levels of air, how many cavern layers, etc. I think you can get ridiculous if you want. Beware of low frame rates with a super deep world.

I Have a question that I can seem to answer even with the manual and videos of people doing this.

I have created a world in DF that I really like and want to seed everything about it, however when I try to import this into PW none of the maps are saved and the biome map is blank.

When I try to generate a new map it creates a new one. Well I want the old one. How do I do this?

Everything starts with "Have pre set? No" I need it to say yes without creating brand new maps...

Not sure what the problem is, but there are basically three options for each map. You can have PW generate it, you can have DF generate it, or you can use the pre-set data that is saved in the world_gen.txt file. To have access to that data, you have to first import the world_gen.txt file that you want to work with. If you have already made a world with PWDF, that world_gen.txt should be around somewhere unless you overwrote it by accident.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 17, 2017, 09:26:07 pm »

Ah, good to know that you're back!  I was giving up hope on ever figuring this out.
Quick question regarding that issue with low layer amount.  I am using the default world-gen and simply modifying it from there.  Since I'm using the default, shouldn't the layer amount be the same as the regular map generation?

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 18, 2017, 11:43:37 pm »

Please update the links in the OP to reflect the new location of Dwarf Fortress File Depot at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=2354
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]