Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Cavern Keeper is Manipulator + detailed character information.  (Read 15942 times)

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bugeyed Goblin Artiste
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keeper is Manipulator + detailed character information.
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2019, 12:31:00 pm »

Hi Jazz Cat, Ive put a new compile up for 44.12-r2 (same as last one) but ive not had time to play with it besides just seeing that it runs, its here.

It just has a new sort of 'tooltip' that saves confusion when pressing the 'mode' keys and happiness score is back to being labelled 'keep' with min=-100, max = 100.

There is one issue involving the "likes working outdoors" trait, this is tagged in the short descriptions as "Rgh" or Rgh+ or Rgh++, which is short for "can rough it" and seemed to work alright, usually all of the embark dwarves have it and by some accounts it makes them hardy to not having a bed and stuff. The dfhack pointer to it in the games code has changed, but CK is still using the old one as it seemed to be working properly but ill see about that.

So for the curious id recommend renaming the old manipulator.plug.so in case this one doesnt work for an odd reason and saving this version there, it doesnt need anything else changed, theyre both compiled for dfhack 44.12-r2, the LNP was confusingly named 44.12.r1
psst... keep to the caverns - our labors and dreams.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2019, 11:13:39 pm »

Awesome, glad to see the update! I'll keep you posted if I find any bugs. Speaking of which, actually, for a few versions now the sorting options have been switched---the options that are supposed to be controlled with +- are actually controlled with /* and vice verse. Did that ever get fixed?

Oh, and the happiness score slot has just enough room for it to be called "morale" if you're still looking for a word. I only mention this because I remember having that word on the tip of my tongue during the entire discussion about that and I only just now realized that was the word I was looking for.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bugeyed Goblin Artiste
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2019, 09:16:48 am »

Wow thats so dissonant having the keys switched all this time! I never noticed because on the set I use they are the same two keys +- with shift making the difference.
And morale is very sensible, definitely the best 6 letter label. I might catch my senses and change it to that... someday :)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2019, 12:45:07 pm »

Yeah, it took me long enough to figure out what word I was looking for :P

What language is your keyboard in?
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Bugeyed Goblin Artiste
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2019, 01:31:36 pm »

I confusingly have a US and UK qwerty but the -= /_+ are in the same place next to the backspace key. One of the starter packs keyboard options chooses them, maybe its the 'no numpad' option.

Thats fixed now in the latest linux compile. Ill have to redo the windows one soon too, its like waking around with my fly open - thanks for the tip off !

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2019, 09:49:03 pm »

No problem!
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

bwbill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Today at 09:06:22 am »

Hi again, Strainer! I'm so grateful for this utility that I've hesitated to ask if it will be updated for LinuxLNP 44.12-r03. Alas, here I am. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]