Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.10 | DF 0.44.XX  (Read 63277 times)

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Viewer (Maintained Branch) 1.19.09 | DF 0.44.XX
« Reply #240 on: May 03, 2019, 02:27:38 am »

"Forget IE for a moment - does it actually play nicely with Edge?" I sometimes wonder.

Also, reporting in w/Firefox here sans expected history files, and it seems to be working as expected.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 03, 2019, 02:43:10 am »

"Forget IE for a moment - does it actually play nicely with Edge?" I sometimes wonder.

No, it does not. Microsoft does not use Edge for their embedded WebBrowser control, it always comes back to IE.  ::)
Hopefully this will change with their new Chromium Edge.

btonasse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 03, 2019, 11:16:33 am »

I sure can. Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/NkD3pJh

This is from a world generated with 1050 years of history, and no site/historical figure/whatever has a single entry in the Event Log. I always had this problem with Legends Viewer. Before I used to just view my legends on Legends Browser, but this particular world is too big for the Legends Browser to handle. Another related problem is that all family trees are empty, even for characters with many children.

Other than that, everything works as it should. All entities as listed, I just cannot see the text for any events on the Event Log (bottom of the screen).

EDIT: providing more information

The Windows Forms WebBrowser control uses Internet Explorer internally. When you upgrade to the newest IE version, you should see all the charts and logs. What operating system do you use?

Ha! That's it. Since I never use IE (who still does, by the way?), I didn't realize mine had been uninstalled a long time ago. It's a pity that we need to install some useless piece of software (sorry, Microsoft) to be able to use this...

Anyway, thanks for the help! Much appreciated.
Using Chrome (windows 10). Works perfectly. Always has.

--Edit
Oh. It's using IE anyhow? Hmm. Bit of an issue there.

Yeah, sadly it uses IE, regardless of what is your default browser. This cannot be changed, Windows Forms WebBrowser control is restricted to IE. There are thirdparty controls like CEFSharp that use a version of Chrome, but using these would mean that instead of being ~2.5MB, LegendsViewer would have to bundle all the necessary Chromium Embedded Framework files and would get as big as ~80MB if I remember correctly.  :-\

Here I am, fingers crossed, hoping this changes in the future and I can forget IE exists again.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]