Dwarf Fortress > Utilities and 3rd Party Applications

Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin

(1/552) > >>

mifki:
This plugin improves various aspects the game interface.

Originally I wrote a small plugin because I was tired seeing coffins instead of zeroes and all that stuff. It has greately evolved since then. Some functions may not work or have issues in Adventurer Mode. See readme for all details.

1. Main function is to use separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text. Text and map font may also have different sizes. Map tiles can have any size, no requirement to have at least 80x25 grid anymore.

2. Multi-level rendering.

3. Allows to override tile numbers for buildings, items and various tile types.

4. `mapshot` command saves image of the entire map in full size.

5. "Multilayered" rendering where floor is visible behind buildings and items. (see here for details)

6. Tiles can have parts that will and parts that will not be affected by material colour. (see here for details)

7. "Multilayered" rendering for units too. (see here for details)

8. An option to hide stockpiles (background, not items of course) unless in [q], [p] and [k] modes. (see here for details)

Latest binaries are available from autobuild server (see below). There's no guarantee they will work on your OS, have any functions you expect, or even work at all. They're provided purely for people who want to test things as they're being developed rather than to wait. I read your error reports but don't expect them to be fixed straight away.

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

Home Page / Sources -- Latest Release -- Development Builds -- Report an Issue

Any ASCII tileset can be used as a text font, including the default "curses" one, or you can make you own text font with this tool.

Putnam:
...Holy crap.

Trapezohedron:
Holy Eff.

Somebody needs to port this over to windows asap.

scamtank:

--- Quote from: Putnam on May 21, 2014, 08:54:58 pm ---...Holy crap.

--- End quote ---

Meph:
You have my curiosity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version