Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763386 times)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1020 on: September 21, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's VBO with the letter O; the reason the plugin loads with VB0 is that any mode that DF doesn't understand automatically defaults to STANDARD.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1021 on: September 21, 2014, 05:35:03 pm »

Quick question: does twbt support VBO print mode?

TWBT replaces drawing code with its own, so there's no difference what's specified in init.txt It has to be any OpenGL-based mode so that the game creates OpenGL rendering class that the plugin expects.
But you're right, I see in the code I've added a check to accept standard mode only but forgot to change readme.

Does that mean you are switching to the next gen as the only twbt? It's better than the old gen besides for the map, after I saw someone using the starter pack and having graphics on the embark map I was switching between old and next gen during embark and playing. The newest one (4.61) didn't have any crashes when I was playing it I think.

There will be a single version that works as nextgen by default but can also be switched to legacy 3.xx mode.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 21, 2014, 06:51:33 pm »

Is anyone elses screen going 1 layer down when they press v or k and <-- --> arrows. This could be a twbt problem since someone has posted about this happening a day or so ago but back in 40.12. I know it didn't happen in the next gen branch of 40.11 I was playing previously, since I skipped 40.12.

Nope it is a 3.41+ old gen bug. Just tested it on 40.11 to be sure and it happens. Though not 100% of the time which is even weirder. It may be caused by twbt conflicting with the partial mouse controls because turning mouse control off seems to fix it. Yeah I'm 100% sure it's a conflict between twbt and partial mouse control or partial mouse control dislikes standard printmode...

Just so you know the old gen has that issue if you hadn't seen the post in the lazy newb pack. The 40.11 version would of had your included twbt pluggins so they didn't fix it in the old gen or the old gen didn't load the fixes from those.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 21, 2014, 10:20:26 pm »

Half of people complained that it's in graphics in one branch, another half complains that it's in text in another branch...
I know that feeling oh so well. ^^

Then better make in an option if possible  ;)
I think mifki's plan is to have a separately specified map font, which would probably involve bringing the font settings into the overrides file somehow.

If that happens, some can use their text font for maps, others their graphics font for maps, and still others a map-specific font (if anyone actually makes one).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 21, 2014, 10:29:14 pm »

Half of people complained that it's in graphics in one branch, another half complains that it's in text in another branch...
I know that feeling oh so well. ^^

Then better make in an option if possible  ;)
I think mifki's plan is to have a separately specified map font, which would probably involve bringing the font settings into the overrides file somehow.

If that happens, some can use their text font for maps, others their graphics font for maps, and still others a map-specific font (if anyone actually makes one).

One immediate improvement in TwbT 4.xx would be to use 16x16 graphics tiles, 8x12 text, and 16x16 world map text.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1025 on: September 22, 2014, 07:03:55 am »

Version 5.10 is here with support for DF 0.40.13

Important notes
Now there's only one version that can work as former "nextgen" branch or as former "stable" branch.
The plugin is now activated by setting PRINT_MODE to TWBT or TWBT_LEGACY in init.txt (probably this will change in future, I'm deciding where it's better to store configuration).
If PRINT_MODE is set TWBT but "nextgen" behaviour isn't available for your version of DF or your operating system, it will fall back to legacy mode.
There are no significant changes in DF code between versions, so I don't test updates that add support for new DF version on anything except OS X, so if it crashes just let me know.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 22, 2014, 07:07:02 am »

You push out these updates at a remarkable pace, mifki. Thank you.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 22, 2014, 11:33:54 am »

It's the second time I'm bringing this up, but your QuickBuild dashboard is still throwing up red errors. It's only an issue because I can't find the 5.10 release itself on Github, either.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 22, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »

Why didn't you try and download it when he posted that it was released earlier? He lives in New Zealand so it is going to be hours till he sees that message. He was still on for a hour after your first post though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 22, 2014, 12:28:47 pm »

Why didn't you try and download it when he posted that it was released earlier? He lives in New Zealand so it is going to be hours till he sees that message. He was still on for a hour after your first post though.

The dashboard has been throwing errors for a couple days.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 22, 2014, 12:56:10 pm »

Yeah because he was switching to 1 twbt version for all versions. So he got rid of the old development builds on it, you can still get the sources from the latest builds link. It's not like he got rid of them completely. And the github version should only need to be compiled to work.

Uh, your build server looks slightly #$#$%#. Did you change something?

It looks slightly preparing for the next major version. Old releases are on github.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 22, 2014, 01:24:25 pm »

I considered that option too, but that pile of code doesn't look like it caters to CMake at all. Considering how OSX and Linux builds always tend to arrive first, I put two and two together and didn't bother trying to mangle it in shape with Windows.

anachron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 22, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »

Mifki, thanks for adding Linux support.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1033 on: September 22, 2014, 11:22:54 pm »

Ouch this time I forgot that the dashboard I see and the public dashboard are configured separately, sorry.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 22, 2014, 11:54:13 pm »

Are the TWBT modes standard mode (since dwarf fortress falls to standard if it doesn't recognize the print mode) but just named TWBT so that it loads the new gen or the old gen? So that we get the benefits of standard mode?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 184