Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770803 times)

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1035 on: September 23, 2014, 02:57:39 am »

TWBT setting gives me a crash on game start. TWBT_LEGACY working. Win7 crash dump and related files.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9777

edit: 5.12, working great, no TWBT issues to report.

Box select isn't working on automaterials plugin but it is also broken on vanilla dfhack too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:10:00 pm by muppet9876 »

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 23, 2014, 09:02:11 am »

TWBT setting gives me a crash on game start. TWBT_LEGACY working. Win7 crash dump and related files.

Same problem. On Win7 also.
Code: [Select]
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 5419c537
  Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.0.30319.1
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba1dbbe
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00001fc8
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1035
  Additional Information 1: 4887
  Additional Information 2: 4887a021f243e72fa919d7245388904c
  Additional Information 3: f675
  Additional Information 4: f675b9c0c8b4f63dc48841cb7e8c72cf

Edit: also reported this on github for good measure.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:17:01 am by Erde »

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:13 am »

And my previous message reminds me, how does one compile twbt (on Win32 in my case)? I actually tried this very recently and couldn't put my head around it.

It seems to be dependent on dfhack files. I can see in the Visual Studio project file that $(dfhack) should tell the location of dfhack folder but can't find where this value is defined exactly.

Then I tried to just lump all the required header files and sub-folders from dfhack's include folder to the root of my work directory and compile it then, but got errors on some coreprotocol.pb.h nonsense (my late night memories are fuzzy) and then having to find those files from dfhack source and still etting errors of it couldn't find some protobuff google folder (which I also dumped to the root of the work directory) aragfgdf.

I even tried to compile twbt the same way as other dfhacks are compiled with it, but yeah, didn't work out (I learned quite a bit about CMake, though). xD

So could someone kindly tell me how this is setup?. Thanks. :D

PS: Please don't question my need to be able to do so. Just go with my word on it, ok? ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:25:41 am by Erde »

fbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 23, 2014, 11:37:05 am »

same situation, but if I disable the multilevel command in my dfhack.init it does not crash.

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 23, 2014, 12:27:39 pm »

same situation, but if I disable the multilevel command in my dfhack.init it does not crash.

This seems to be the case. Also, changing the multilevel value after the game has loaded leads to a crash.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 23, 2014, 12:30:34 pm »

I got one of those too. Jerking the multilevel rendering from off straight to 5 knocked it down, but then I tried upping it in increments. Worked just fine.

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 23, 2014, 01:17:26 pm »

I got one of those too. Jerking the multilevel rendering from off straight to 5 knocked it down, but then I tried upping it in increments. Worked just fine.

I just tried the following:
multilevel 0 <- no crash
from 0 to 1 <- crash
from 0 to 2 <- crash
from 0 to 3 <- no crash and now can select any option from 0-5 without crash

Very odd.

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 24, 2014, 07:47:12 am »

5.12 should fix this crash

Indeed it has on 5.12.

Thanks!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 24, 2014, 10:14:08 am »

As recommended by GavJ, I'd like to suggest that you work on tile swapping features in play. This would work on the lines of having a general tile for trees which can then be swapped for a more descriptive tree tile. We thought it could be useful for braille keyboards and seemingly other applications.

Not sure I understand what exactly you want.

So eh, what's your verdict?

A feature to hit a hotkey and have it switch in game to a different group of overrides.  The suggested use was so that people on a braille keyboard could have, for instance, all creatures be one tile icon, and then hit a key and have them all now represent the individual creature types so that you can hierarchically zoom in so to speak to different levels of detail as needed only.

But it would be useful presumably for all sorts of cool things other than blind player accommodation.

Well, theoretically it's possible of course. Not sure about creatures though, as they're handled differently and overrides don't do anything with creature tiles currently.

If i were to make a suggestion thread asking for the creatures bit to be sorted, what exactly should i ask for?

Eh, know it's been a while but I'd like to bump this. So you need to be able to override creature tiles?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 24, 2014, 11:39:28 am »

Box select isn't working on automaterials plugin but it is also broken on vanilla dfhack too.

I notivced this too today. Not working with 5.12 nor with what is supplied with dfhack. Doesn't matter if box selection is made with mouse or keyboard, the designation to build the wall is never made. When box selection is disabled the wall construction works fine. Slowly. :D

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 24, 2014, 12:55:21 pm »

That appears to be a DFHack problem, although I'm not experiencing it (0.40.13-r1). What platform and DFHack build are you using?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Erde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 24, 2014, 01:33:50 pm »

That appears to be a DFHack problem, although I'm not experiencing it (0.40.13-r1). What platform and DFHack build are you using?

Windows 7 running 0.40.13-r1. :/

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 24, 2014, 03:06:48 pm »

The one from the lnp most likely as I have that issue to, it does include twbt 3.41 but twbt shouldn't effect that.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 24, 2014, 03:14:24 pm »

Which LNP? Windows?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 184