Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770710 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1050 on: September 24, 2014, 03:26:38 pm »

Yes, win 7 64 bit like him. Yeah I deleted the 3.41 version of twbt just to check if it was twbt but it doesn't change the fact that it doesn't work. And that version of twbt is just the twbt plugin file.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 03:29:13 pm by LeoCean »

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 24, 2014, 03:50:02 pm »

To be a bit clearer about my previous post. I DL'd vanilla DF from Bay12 and added dfhack off of wimbli - windows (7 64bit). Box select isnt working on that (nor the Starter Pack with any TWBT version too ofc). It doesn't cause a crash nor any errors to the console or the stdout and error files. It simply quits back to the Constuction designation at selecting the first material to use (or all materials using shift enter).

edit: The edit to symbols.xml has it working, ty.

Quietust caught an unnoticed conflict in symbols.xml that was causing this (and other construction-related problems) - try making this change to <DF>/hack/symbols.xml.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:32:03 pm by muppet9876 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 24, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »

Quietust caught an unnoticed conflict in symbols.xml that was causing this (and other construction-related problems) - try making this change to <DF>/hack/symbols.xml.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:16:41 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 24, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »

Thanks it works.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1054 on: September 24, 2014, 10:51:19 pm »

As recommended by GavJ, I'd like to suggest that you work on tile swapping features in play. This would work on the lines of having a general tile for trees which can then be swapped for a more descriptive tree tile. We thought it could be useful for braille keyboards and seemingly other applications.

Not sure I understand what exactly you want.

So eh, what's your verdict?

A feature to hit a hotkey and have it switch in game to a different group of overrides.  The suggested use was so that people on a braille keyboard could have, for instance, all creatures be one tile icon, and then hit a key and have them all now represent the individual creature types so that you can hierarchically zoom in so to speak to different levels of detail as needed only.

But it would be useful presumably for all sorts of cool things other than blind player accommodation.

Well, theoretically it's possible of course. Not sure about creatures though, as they're handled differently and overrides don't do anything with creature tiles currently.

If i were to make a suggestion thread asking for the creatures bit to be sorted, what exactly should i ask for?

Eh, know it's been a while but I'd like to bump this. So you need to be able to override creature tiles?

After explanation how creature tiles work from Meph some time ago, now I have some thoughts about implementing creature overrides, but I don't have any time estimates at the moment.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 25, 2014, 06:31:55 am »

Thank you. :D
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 25, 2014, 04:22:52 pm »

Presumably someone has already reported the repeatable crash resulting from trying to go up a few levels aboveground with TWBT multilevel enabled?  Happens with the current version included with the DF Starter Pack, at least, and was causing me many frustrating crashes so I'd taken to just using "multilevel 0" to disable it myself.  Someone just reported it as a DF bug on Mantis (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8351) and I suggested they try "multilevel 0" and that fixed it for them as well.

I'm guessing mifki already knows about it, but figured I'd drop by and report it just in case.

I do love the mod, it's super awesome!  I can't wait to start using multilevel view again once the crash thing is sorted out, but for now I'm happy at least having the other TWBT functionality.

Thanks,

--nomad_delta

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 25, 2014, 04:30:42 pm »

It's fixed in 5.12, the version in the lnp is 3.41 and doesn't use TWBT printmode anyways or it shouldn't because he just "made" that starting with 5.10 or so.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 25, 2014, 04:45:40 pm »

It's fixed in 5.12, the version in the lnp is 3.41 and doesn't use TWBT printmode anyways or it shouldn't because he just "made" that starting with 5.10 or so.

Is version 5.12 actually ready for general use? I don't see it listed at all on the Releases (https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases) page.

--nomad_delta

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 25, 2014, 04:58:27 pm »

It's in the development builds on the first page/ post. It doesn't have any bugs so far that I've found.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:03 pm »

If anything, the bleeding edge is in far better shape than the final iterations of version 3.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 25, 2014, 05:15:43 pm »

If anything, the bleeding edge is in far better shape than the final iterations of version 3.

good to know -- downloading now, I'll take it for a spin.  I suppose I should wander over to the DF Starter Pack thread and make sure everyone knows there's a fairly major reproducible crash bug in the version of TWBT they're using and as configured/enabled by default.  They might want to consider disabling that version of TWBT in the Starter Pack for the time being since it's no doubt causing all sorts of people to think DF itself is crashing, seeing as we're getting reports of it on the Mantis tracker now.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 25, 2014, 07:11:47 pm »

good to know -- downloading now, I'll take it for a spin.  I suppose I should wander over to the DF Starter Pack thread and make sure everyone knows there's a fairly major reproducible crash bug in the version of TWBT they're using and as configured/enabled by default.  They might want to consider disabling that version of TWBT in the Starter Pack for the time being since it's no doubt causing all sorts of people to think DF itself is crashing, seeing as we're getting reports of it on the Mantis tracker now.

I know, don't worry about that.  I'll be doing some final testing of 5.12 integration later today.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1063 on: September 25, 2014, 07:36:37 pm »

I'll check the save game attached to that bug report. I personally almost don't zoom out so maybe there's still a bug I missed.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 25, 2014, 08:20:28 pm »

I'll check the save game attached to that bug report. I personally almost don't zoom out so maybe there's still a bug I missed.

It was happening for me even without zooming out, just going up several z-levels into the sky above the trees with multi-view enabled would cause it to crash on a fresh embark.  I just installed the 5.12 version and am testing that though and no problems to report so far, although I haven't gotten too far into testing.

--nomad_delta
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 184