Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769863 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1095 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:57 pm »

I prefer to use short names, it is more readable and I don't want to have to remember which number is which tileset.

UristWoodie, of course, you can use different tables (my main tileset is Mayday and those are LeoCean's) or whatever you want.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 29, 2014, 04:00:45 pm »

I prefer to use short names, it is more readable and I don't want to have to remember which number is which tileset.

more important thing: I can copy-paste [OVERRIDE:34:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:16] in my overrides, and I can't do the same with [OVERRIDE:34:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::5:16] because 5 (or any number) is probably used by other tileset.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1097 on: September 29, 2014, 04:39:32 pm »

Hi,
Sorry for my ignorance, I've been trying to figure out what to do with the 5.17 update file... there is a few files into it and whatever I do it doesn't fix the font while in the game.  The right menu is still way too small. I thought this would fix it?

What should I do?

Thx.

You mean the font used for text (and right menu) is small or what?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 29, 2014, 04:45:34 pm »

more important thing: I can copy-paste [OVERRIDE:34:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean:16] in my overrides, and I can't do the same with [OVERRIDE:34:B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::5:16] because 5 (or any number) is probably used by other tileset.

Well 5 would be the tileset that is used there. It's written like this in the overrides.txt.
Loading additional tilesets

[TILESET:font.png:fullscreenfont.png:Id]

File names are relative to the data/art folder

Id is an arbitrary string to refer this tileset later

[TILESET:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:2] (this is mephs item overrides)

[TILESET:Spacefox_16x16LeoCeanOverrides.png:Spacefox_16x16LeoCeanOverrides.png:3] (then this is my extra set of overrides that override some more items and such)

If I wanted a fourth tileset (technically fifth) it'd be something like this.

[TILESET:FourthOverrides.png:FourthOverrides.png:4]

And as I said 0 is the font tileset (curses or w.e text, it can be same as 1 but these two rely on your init while the others rely on what's in the overrides.txt), 1 is the graphics font (phoebus/mayday/ so if you were taking things from the other ones you'd write it like this.

[OVERRIDE:34 (tile you want to replace):B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean (tileset that you want to use, # or the name it seems):16 (new tile you want to use)]
[OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile]

@Mifki/ @argh226 I think he is using the LNP and doesn't like the curse font it is currently using. He could just use the Spacefox_16x16_text.png font tileset that comes with twbt 5.17 and then change his Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\data\init init.txt file to [FONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png], [FULLFONT:Spacefox_16x16_text.png] which is what I think he wants.

Clément you mind pming your overrides.txt so I can check out what you've done with some of the buildings and maybe the overrides tileset you are using. Or even post it here, we really should get a thread somewhere so people have a better place to talk about the overrides tilesets. :-X
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:48:10 pm by LeoCean »

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 29, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »

@Mifki @LeoCean

I been using the lnp and today it did ask me to update, which I did.  After that I wasn't able to use F12 like before in order to switch to TTF or otherway around.

After reading a little, apparently its related to TWBT.  Tried to update it but wasn't really able to.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 29, 2014, 05:16:00 pm »

Well 5 would be the tileset that is used there. It's written like this in the overrides.txt.
Loading additional tilesets

[TILESET:font.png:fullscreenfont.png:Id]

File names are relative to the data/art folder

Id is an arbitrary string to refer this tileset later

[TILESET:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:Vanilla DF - 24x - Items.png:2] (this is mephs item overrides)

[TILESET:Spacefox_16x16LeoCeanOverrides.png:Spacefox_16x16LeoCeanOverrides.png:3] (then this is my extra set of overrides that override some more items and such)

If I wanted a fourth tileset (technically fifth) it'd be something like this.

[TILESET:FourthOverrides.png:FourthOverrides.png:4]

And as I said 0 is the font tileset (curses or w.e text, it can be same as 1 but these two rely on your init while the others rely on what's in the overrides.txt), 1 is the graphics font (phoebus/mayday/ so if you were taking things from the other ones you'd write it like this.

[OVERRIDE:34 (tile you want to replace):B:WORKSHOP_CARPENTER:Workshop::leocean (tileset that you want to use, # or the name it seems):16 (new tile you want to use)]
[OVERRIDE:Tile:Kind:Id:Type:Subtype:Tileset:NewTile]

compare this:
Code: [Select]
Copy-paste following 2 lines into Your override.txt somewhere.
[TILESET:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:QuiverTileSet]
[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER::QuiverTileSet:0]

with this:
!Attention!
Don't just copy-paste this into your override.txt!
You need to choose instead of 2 some unused number, specific to Your installation only!
0 is the font tileset
1 is the graphics font
other are free to choose, but You MUST avoid assigning a single number to different tilesets!
[TILESET:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:2]
[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER::2:0]

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1101 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:53 pm »

@Mifki @LeoCean

I been using the lnp and today it did ask me to update, which I did.  After that I wasn't able to use F12 like before in order to switch to TTF or otherway around.

After reading a little, apparently its related to TWBT.  Tried to update it but wasn't really able to.

If you want TTF, just disable twbt. There should be a switch in lnp somewhere I believe, but I don't know. To do this manually, just change PRINT_MODE to 2D in init.txt

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 29, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »

compare this:
Copy-paste following 2 lines into Your override.txt somewhere.

with this:
!Attention!
Don't just copy-paste this into your override.txt!
You need to choose instead of 2 some unused number, specific to Your installation only!
0 is the font tileset
1 is the graphics font
other are free to choose, but You MUST avoid assigning a single number to different tilesets!
[TILESET:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:Override - 48x - Quiver.png:2]
[OVERRIDE:146:I:QUIVER:QUIVER::2:0]

I'm guessing the main point of that is

I forget who wrote that but it wasn't me and it wasn't mifki (I know it was was when someone asked for more extensive overrides since at the time no one really created anything more than meph did). And my example is from a overrides.txt which you can download in the tileset area of  Bay 12 Games Forum > Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding >, in the spacefox thread. The only ones who need to worry about such little technicalities are people who don't know what that stuff means as it is easily changed. Indeed this is easier to move to another overrides.txt of course you still need the "tileset png".

But it doesn't matter if you create your own overrides.txt or use from a already created "set" and it's just cleaner to use numbers but still doesn't matter at all which way you do it. Neither is wrong.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 29, 2014, 07:35:34 pm »

@Mifki @LeoCean

If you want TTF, just disable twbt. There should be a switch in lnp somewhere I believe, but I don't know. To do this manually, just change PRINT_MODE to 2D in init.txt

Hi,
Ok.  If I want to use that twbt like it should on the version 5.17... from the lnp which is 5.12 (I believe?)  The Curse font, which doesn't appear to be with lnp how can I get it in ?

Thx :)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 29, 2014, 08:07:31 pm »

If you are using 40.13 r3 you already have it. curses_640x300.

@Mifki @LeoCean

This pretty much says you are using that font, I just tested it myself and there's no way I'd use that small of a font.. You can always try the font's here Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3\LNP\Graphics\ASCII default\data\art the curse series (you can use the one that says 16x16 if you just want bigger font). I understand why he wanted to use that small font but man it's hard to look at. To delete twbt you'd go to Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r3\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\plugins and delete twbt.plug.dll. Then if you forgot how to change font sets look for my other post on the last page or 2 where I replied with the answer. 5.17 twbt includes the spacefox text but you'd still have to look at my earlier reply to figure out what to do with it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:09:46 pm by LeoCean »

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 29, 2014, 09:28:53 pm »

@LeoCean

True, I did not read the whole 74 pages...

Here what I have :
http://imgur.com/2xlAEfi,BDy51DK

Picture 1 : stock like you said, right from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7622
Picture 2 : out of copying files from twbt 5.17 and twbt package (?) 3.43 with spacefox tileset

Although isn't quite good for my taste (I dont want to offend anyone) its font are bigger.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 30, 2014, 12:34:24 am »

True, I did not read the whole 74 pages...

Neither did I... I don't usually read pages before my first post, maybe a page a 2 ahead of that if I'm interest but I did say it was a post in reply to your question so me expecting you to have read it isn't to far fetched.  :P That picture looks like the curse font because of that small window on the side but I can't be sure since I don't actually use phoebus often.

If you don't like the spacefox text "tileset" included in twbt you can use the 16x16 curse one like I said, it's the big font without added spacefox stuff and if you have 40.13 r1 or r2 there should be mayday/phoebus text "tilesets" in their LNP\graphics folders.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:36:16 am by LeoCean »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 30, 2014, 03:57:26 am »

Clément you mind pming your overrides.txt so I can check out what you've done with some of the buildings and maybe the overrides tileset you are using. Or even post it here, we really should get a thread somewhere so people have a better place to talk about the overrides tilesets. :-X

My overrides.txt is yours nearly unmodified. I just changed the tileset ids and commented out some lines. The carpenter workshop is the only workshop I did as a quick example for UristWoodie. But I thought about doing it some time ago and I had the tile numbers written in a file (with some errors, it is hard to see the difference between 176 and 177).

Lord Afabie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:30 am »

I can only get this to work in TWBT_LEGACY mode. If I use TWBT, it prints
TWBT no display patch
in the console, and DF runs without twbt enabled.
I am using ubuntu 14.04.
Any help would be appreciated.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1109 on: September 30, 2014, 05:07:37 am »

I can only get this to work in TWBT_LEGACY mode. If I use TWBT, it prints
TWBT no display patch
in the console, and DF runs without twbt enabled.
I am using ubuntu 14.04.
Any help would be appreciated.

This line is not actually an error.
I'll be able to test it on Linux tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 184