Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770733 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1155 on: October 07, 2014, 10:05:54 pm »

Are you trying to change them when they fall on the ground or when they are in the air?
# BRANCHES AND LEAVES
[OVERRIDE:172:T:TreeBranches:TILESET:24]

# TWIGS
[OVERRIDE:59:T:TreeTwigs:TILESET:29] 

Figure out what that means based on the readme.

Seem to be the leaves you want based on this post http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144270.msg5708909#msg5708909, they are still changeable in the d_init.txt file anyways.

So, it looks like you'd need the ability to specify the material in order to change the graphics for Fruits, Pods, Leaves, etc.

These are in the raw\object raws, you can change them there to be what ever you want them to be. It hardly matters as of yet because they are just flavor till Toady actually makes the pods and fruits useable, unless a mod does that.

I'd assume if you want to change all the plants you'd just have to give them all different id's in the raws because as it stands if you do the plant_growth change any plant with that id that uses that id should change to be what ever you told it to change to if you did it correctly. But plants can have more than one Id based on their growth cycle.

You will also want to use the tile overrides not items as items are things that aren't "planted" on the ground but laying above it. Sort of like how buildings (chairs) are items when they haven't been planted. But plants would be tiles. But when the plants are gathered you will use the item overrides then if you want them to look different than what they are set to in the raws.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 07, 2014, 11:09:52 pm »

I'm less concerned with tree part and more with the parts of harvestable plants and crops. While some plants look like PLANT:PLANT would cover that, I'm less sure about some where it looks like the fruit is the harvested part.  Additionally, the mod I'm making graphics from does have uses for many of the fruits.

But when the plants are gathered you will use the item overrides then if you want them to look different than what they are set to in the raws.
I'm okay with settling for that if I have to, but even then, it appears that they are differentiated solely be the material.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 08, 2014, 03:57:50 am »

I really enjoying this plugin, but i have some questions about it. I'm really noobish when it comes to moding or coding. The only way i figured out how to make trees with it, was by looking how LeoCean did hes overides (thank you buddy for that).

I want to know if it's possible to use TWBT to overides the fruit, polens, etc.. for the trees?  Right now, i just use the main tileset without modifing the raws. But these tiles are kinda used on many place and i want to keep the raws modification to a minimal.

Is it possible to change the colors of a tiles with TWBT? Like the main tile color and the background one? If it's possible i have no clue how to do it.

In the older version i kinda used the original ascii for the font and a graphic set of different size. But now it seem that the tileset i use for font get upscale to the size of the graphic set. I don't if i do something wrong or it doesnt work for that version.

Thank you for your help, and mifki, you're genious for making that awesome plugin.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1158 on: October 08, 2014, 04:42:54 am »

I want to know if it's possible to use TWBT to overides the fruit, polens, etc.. for the trees?  Right now, i just use the main tileset without modifing the raws. But these tiles are kinda used on many place and i want to keep the raws modification to a minimal.

I answered just recently - the thing is that I'm a developer, not a modder. I added overrides by building/item/tile types - these were most obvious and easiest. Since I don't do modding, I just don't know whether these override types allow to override everything you and other modders want or not. Likely not, so I can add other override types if someone figures out which df/dfhack data structures hold relevant data (yes, this would require some coding skills).

Is it possible to change the colors of a tiles with TWBT? Like the main tile color and the background one? If it's possible i have no clue how to do it.

No, the original idea was to allow more tile images to solve the problem we all know - with single tile used for multiple things. But tile colour is determined by its material, why would you want to change the colour?

In the older version i kinda used the original ascii for the font and a graphic set of different size. But now it seem that the tileset i use for font get upscale to the size of the graphic set. I don't if i do something wrong or it doesnt work for that version.

Thank you for your help, and mifki, you're genious for making that awesome plugin.

Thanks.
But I din't understand the last question, can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 08, 2014, 05:10:47 am »

But I din't understand the last question, can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

Sorry, i'll try to be clearer.
I currently use those tileset. 2 of different size.

[FONT:curses_640x300.png]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Bisasam_24x24.png]

But in-game the font looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm kinda sure in some version they were keeping their original size unless i was dreaming of this ^^.
I hope my explanation is better now.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 08, 2014, 05:11:45 am »

Are you using the legacy rendering?

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 08, 2014, 05:14:45 am »

Are you using the legacy rendering?

I guess so, i currently use, [PRINT_MODE:TWBT_LEGACY].

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 08, 2014, 05:33:17 am »

Yep, that's it, change to TWBT.

Actually, i did try TWBT too, it gives me the same result.
It was working before, when we had to put standard. Unless since that change, we have to configure the init in an other way?
Right now my init looks like that.

[WINDOWEDX:80]
[WINDOWEDY:25]
[FONT:curses_640x300.png]

[FULLSCREENX:0]
[FULLSCREENY:0]
[FULLFONT:curses_640x300.png]

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:0]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:Bisasam_24x24.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:Bisasam_24x24.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

[PRINT_MODE:TWBT]
   Mode examples:
    PRINT_MODE:2D
    PRINT_MODE:TEXT
    PRINT_MODE:FRAME_BUFFER
    PRINT_MODE:PARTIAL:0
[SINGLE_BUFFER:NO]

Thanks for the help.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 08, 2014, 05:44:04 am »

Change these to zeroes WINDOWEDX WINDOWEDY.

Still the same. =/

If it can help, i'm currently using  twbt-5.23  with DFHack 0.40.13-r1.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1166 on: October 08, 2014, 05:48:47 am »

Hm.. Aren't there any messages from twbt in dfhack console on start?

Actually even on your last screenshot I see that map tiles are square but text tiles are rectangular, so twbt sort of works.
Are you sure that's not what your text font is? Mayebe you replaced original curses font with something? Or there's another setting for zoom somewhere that I don't know about..

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 08, 2014, 05:49:40 am »

What happens when you fuck with the scroll wheel?

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 08, 2014, 05:51:54 am »

Hm.. Aren't there any messages from twbt in dfhack console on start?

Actually even on your last screenshot I see that map tiles are square but text tiles are rectangular, so twbt sort of works.
Are you sure that's not what your text font is? Mayebe you replaced original curses font with something? Or there's another setting for zoom somewhere that I don't know about..

Oh my god, i'm a dumbass. I'm really sorry about this. You're totally right. Somehow i chnaged that font but kept the same name. I'm really sorry about this. =X

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 08, 2014, 08:02:27 am »

Since I don't do modding, I just don't know whether these override types allow to override everything you and other modders want or not. Likely not, so I can add other override types if someone figures out which df/dfhack data structures hold relevant data (yes, this would require some coding skills).

It looks like they're in the MaterialInfo struct, defined in Materials.h.  MaterialInfo.getToken() returns the material as a string and MaterialInfo.matches(MaterialInfo) will compare two materials.

I'm not sure what all you need from it.  Is there any specific functions you need?

EDIT: Fixed Quote tags
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:56:13 pm by Rydel »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 184