Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770750 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1230 on: October 14, 2014, 06:08:37 pm »

@Guolin I'll check and make sure it works correctly if you set GRAPHICS:NO in init.txt
Wait, what? twbt shouldn't work when graphics set to NO. if that so it uses only text set for everything
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought so as well, but you see - people want to be able to use just two text fonts with different size, but not creature graphics. Deleting files isn't a good solution.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 14, 2014, 06:14:10 pm »

I just checked this, and found something i wasn't expecting: if you set GRAPHICS to NO, game will stop using map tileset, but overrides will still work. This may lead to some interesting results
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Guolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 14, 2014, 06:15:22 pm »

I've already tried setting GRAPHICS to NO, but that just makes both the menu and the map use the FULLFONT. Honestly, at this point, if I can find the dumb graphics files I'd delete or rename them in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:20:53 pm by Guolin »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1233 on: October 14, 2014, 06:23:43 pm »

I just checked this, and found something i wasn't expecting: if you set GRAPHICS to NO, game will stop using map tileset, but overrides will still work. This may lead to some interesting results

Previously I was checking for GRAPHICS setting and refused to start twbt if it's set to NO, but then I thought why? and now I just need to fix one thing in tileset loading. Actually this setting doesn't disable anything inside DF except creature graphics so it doesn't break anything when set to NO.

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 14, 2014, 06:28:24 pm »

Crash on Dwarf Fort launch, first line of reshape graphics appeared in dfhack console then CTD.

Win7 64bit, DFSP 40-11r3 TWBT set. 5.25

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9920

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1235 on: October 14, 2014, 07:40:09 pm »

Crash on Dwarf Fort launch, first line of reshape graphics appeared in dfhack console then CTD.

Win7 64bit, DFSP 40-11r3 TWBT set. 5.25

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9920

This doesn't seem to be twbt-related, it crashed somewhere in network code called from Ruby thread.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 14, 2014, 08:20:22 pm »

@Guolin I'll check and make sure it works correctly if you set GRAPHICS:NO in init.txt
Wait, what? twbt shouldn't work when graphics set to NO. if that so it uses only text set for everything
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought so as well, but you see - people want to be able to use just two text fonts with different size, but not creature graphics. Deleting files isn't a good solution.

Creature graphics are the only thing stored in raw/graphics, and they are self contained, so removing them doesn't affect anything else.  If you don't want creature graphics, deleting the contents of that folder would be the way to get rid of them.

He complained that they showed up when he set graphics to on, so I imagine he turned on graphics deliberately, most likely to use an ASCII tileset.  Deleting the creature graphics is the only way I know of to have one without the other.  If he later changes his mind, they are easy to get back.  Those creature graphics are included with the Phoebus graphic set.  He can just download that and copy them back.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1237 on: October 14, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »

He complained that they showed up when he set graphics to on, so I imagine he turned on graphics deliberately, most likely to use an ASCII tileset.  Deleting the creature graphics is the only way I know of to have one without the other.  If he later changes his mind, they are easy to get back.  Those creature graphics are included with the Phoebus graphic set.  He can just download that and copy them back.

GRAPHICS setting does NOT affect anything other than creature graphics. It's not required for tilesets.

Guolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 14, 2014, 09:15:10 pm »

GRAPHICS setting does NOT affect anything other than creature graphics. It's not required for tilesets.

I turned on GRAPHICS setting so that I could get a different ASCII tileset for the map than the ASCII tileset for the menu. When it was set to NO the menu and the map shared the same tileset, which defeats the whole point of the plugin. :) Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. Please let me know if you need to look at any of my configuration files.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1239 on: October 14, 2014, 09:35:17 pm »

I turned on GRAPHICS setting so that I could get a different ASCII tileset for the map than the ASCII tileset for the menu. When it was set to NO the menu and the map shared the same tileset, which defeats the whole point of the plugin. :) Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. Please let me know if you need to look at any of my configuration files.

No, you're doing it right. I need to make changes to support graphics:no. In the meanwhile you can just delete creature graphics if you want.

Guolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 14, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »

At this point, I have no idea how to do that, so I'd love it if you could point me the right way. :) I tried deleting the whole /raw/graphics folder, renaming the folder, deleting the contents - nothing worked. I've been sifting through the entire DF folder and can't find the graphics. I have LNP set to ASCII default graphics so that shouldn't be a problem.

If I knew how to compile DFHack plugins I'd even change the source myself.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 14, 2014, 10:18:11 pm »

At this point, I have no idea how to do that, so I'd love it if you could point me the right way. :) I tried deleting the whole /raw/graphics folder, renaming the folder, deleting the contents - nothing worked. I've been sifting through the entire DF folder and can't find the graphics. I have LNP set to ASCII default graphics so that shouldn't be a problem.

You need to delete the raw/graphics folder in the main DF folder and the copy of it made in the data/save/regionX folder.  Reload your save and it should be nothing but pure ASCII.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Guolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 14, 2014, 10:36:06 pm »

You need to delete the raw/graphics folder in the main DF folder and the copy of it made in the data/save/regionX folder.  Reload your save and it should be nothing but pure ASCII.

Whoa, that worked perfectly. Thanks to all of you for replying, and good luck with this amazing plugin, mifki!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 15, 2014, 12:01:05 am »

There is nothing wrong, you just need to remove GRAPHICS definitions here.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:12 am »

Does anyone found out how to overide the top of the river and pond?
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 184