Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 763599 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1245 on: October 15, 2014, 02:40:15 am »

We can already use ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:NO, or toggle it in game (which makes me wonder if it's really necessary to have yet more graphics for engravings).

The idea was to make engravings not to replace tiles but to draw them "inside" tiles, as in Deon's mockup.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 15, 2014, 03:57:38 am »

No, you're doing it right. I need to make changes to support graphics:no. In the meanwhile you can just delete creature graphics if you want.

I'm not happy with this change: right now I'm using the GRAPHICS:YES in all tilesets, even in ASCII - with an empty graphics config file. It's a workaround, so even when twbt is off, the game loads the correct tilesets, and with twbt I can load a secondary font for text. It's not ideal I know, but it works.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1247 on: October 15, 2014, 05:25:08 am »

No, you're doing it right. I need to make changes to support graphics:no. In the meanwhile you can just delete creature graphics if you want.

I'm not happy with this change: right now I'm using the GRAPHICS:YES in all tilesets, even in ASCII - with an empty graphics config file. It's a workaround, so even when twbt is off, the game loads the correct tilesets, and with twbt I can load a secondary font for text. It's not ideal I know, but it works.

Honestly, I don't understand the problems you people are talking about. So, here are possible cases and what I was thinking twbt would do in them:

graphics:no - twbt disabled
game is using font for everything, no creature graphics
/vanilla/

graphics:no - twbt enabled - font and graphics_font are the same
game is using font for everything, twbt provides overrides and multilevel (if enabled), no creature graphics
/vanilla + twbt goodies/

graphics:no - twbt enabled - font and graphics_font are different
font is used for text, graphics_font for map, no creature graphics + overrides and multilevel
/for those who want plain ascii but bigger or square font for map and smaller for menus/

graphics:yes - twbt disabled
game is using graphics_font for everything + creature graphics

graphics:yes - twbt enabled - font and graphics_font are the same
game is using graphics_font for everything, twbt provides overrides and multilevel (if enabled)
/probably most useless case/

graphics:yes - twbt enabled - font and graphics_font are different
font is used for text, graphics_font for map + creature graphics + overrides and multilevel

Which of these cases are causing problems?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 15, 2014, 06:10:13 am »

This is the config I'm talking about:

graphics:yes - twbt enabled - font and graphics_font are different
font is used for text, graphics_font for map, (optional creature graphics + overrides and multilevel)
/for those who want plain ascii but bigger or square font for map and smaller for menus/

graphics:yes - twbt disabled - font and graphics_font are different
game is using graphics_font for everything, (optional creature graphics)
/vanilla

With graphics set to yes I can provide a single config that always load the tiles set in graphics_font, but with twbt uses a secondary font for text.
If graphics mode is set to NO, in vanilla mode this will render everything with the "secondary" font instead of graphics_font, so clean fallback is not possible. Can be mitigated with a launcher option, but it adds confusion.

graphics:no - twbt disabled - font and graphics_font are different
game is using font for everything, no creature graphics
/vanilla/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:11:49 am by fricy »

MichaelB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 18, 2014, 05:54:27 pm »

Since upgrading to r5 of the Starter Pack one of my saved games crashes every time you try to follow a creature while my other save game is working fine. If I change the print mode to anything other than TWBT it appears to work fine. Also, if I leave the window the default size on load it works fine (with TWBT) but if I maximise the window it it will crash. I've upgraded TWBT to 5.26 but this does not appear to change anything. I've been using the PyLNP launcher mostly but I've also tested it with the old launcher too. Windows 7, mid range x86 machine.

This game has used a few DFHack commands, digv, digtype and clean mostly so perhaps something has been corrupted. Do you guys think it is worth investigating? I'm happy to provide files if you want.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1251 on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:56 am »

Since upgrading to r5 of the Starter Pack one of my saved games crashes every time you try to follow a creature while my other save game is working fine. If I change the print mode to anything other than TWBT it appears to work fine. Also, if I leave the window the default size on load it works fine (with TWBT) but if I maximise the window it it will crash. I've upgraded TWBT to 5.26 but this does not appear to change anything. I've been using the PyLNP launcher mostly but I've also tested it with the old launcher too. Windows 7, mid range x86 machine.

This game has used a few DFHack commands, digv, digtype and clean mostly so perhaps something has been corrupted. Do you guys think it is worth investigating? I'm happy to provide files if you want.

Sure, if you provide savegame it would be much easier for me to reproduce and fix, thanks.

MichaelB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 20, 2014, 04:29:59 am »

MichaelB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 22, 2014, 04:27:12 am »

Thanks mifki, fix works on my machine too.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 22, 2014, 09:38:22 pm »

Whatever happened to that isometric thing you were working on?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1256 on: October 23, 2014, 06:23:18 am »

Nothing, don't have time for it now.
Working on a very cool new thing, hope will be able to tell more soon.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 23, 2014, 09:16:22 am »

I was writing a parser for overrides.txt and I wondered what exactly was a comment.
In the TWBT code, I found:
Code: [Select]
if (b == string::npos || e == string::npos || str.find_first_not_of(" ") < b)
    continue;
If I understand correctly that means that you only accept spaces before the first '[', and something like that:
Some text [TOKEN] is a comment.
Did I understand correctly?
Do you know if that is the same for other df files using the bracket tokens?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »

How about the transparent tiles?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1259 on: October 23, 2014, 03:53:40 pm »

I was writing a parser for overrides.txt and I wondered what exactly was a comment.
In the TWBT code, I found:
if (b == string::npos || e == string::npos || str.find_first_not_of(" ") < b)
    continue;
If I understand correctly that means that you only accept spaces before the first '[', and something like that:
Some text [TOKEN] is a comment.
Did I understand correctly?
Do you know if that is the same for other df files using the bracket tokens?

No it's not the same at least because when parsing init.txt DF just grabs any token starting on 2nd position not even checking for opening '['. For raws it's different. So I did it as I think it makes most sense - to allow to indent with spaces but everything not starting with whitespace or '[' is a comment (as well as everything after ']').
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 184