Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768182 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1260 on: October 23, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »

How about the transparent tiles?

On hold for now. It's more interesting for me than isometric view, but it requires much more hacking into DF (unless I find another way to do it) that there's no point to do this when DF versions are released often (nobody knew about this long delay after 0.40.13). We'll see what happens after 0.40.14.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 25, 2014, 05:06:19 pm »

Now that fruit is gatherable, is there any chance that we'll be getting a way to override its graphics?  IIRC, doing this would require material based overrides; Bananas are a fruit made of Banana, Apples are a fruit made of Apple, etc.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 25, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »

No you wouldn't they are just items once picked up, what they are when they drop is something else  :P PLANT or PLANTGROWTH. Really the only changes phoebus packs ect will be making are deleting likes fighting and adding the stepladder so no changes to plants besides the exe.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:14:35 pm by LeoCean »

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 26, 2014, 11:36:45 am »

Hello,

I have a freeze bug that occurs after playing 20-30 minutes. I haven't found a trend yet, aside from the time. So far no matter what I am doing in game, even paused, it will just lock, and state Dwarf Fortress.exe is not responding. It only happens on one of the computers I play on, so it doesn't seem save specific.

Since this problem only occurs on one computer, I'm worried that providing a save is not going to be sufficient to solve the issue. Is there a debugging flag I could turn on to try and collect logs for it?

I'm using Starter Pack 40.13 r5, and I have already updated TWBT to 5.27 in an attempt to solve the issue.

I confirmed that it was TWBT causing the issue but changing the print mode to STANDARD, and playing for a few  hours. During that time I had no issues. I changed the mode back to TWBT,  and the crash came back.

Thank you for any help in advance! I will be happy to provide a save later today.

Edit: Save located at: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9979

Edit Edit:  I have solved the problem.  It seems that it was being caused by old AMD Graphics Drivers.  Upgrading from 13.1 to 14.1 Seems to have corrected the issue.  I was able to play for an hour and a half without issue.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:35:45 am by Dragoon209 »
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 28, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

I have a suggestion, it is possible to add way for some tiles to not use in game color but the tiles one's? Pretty much like what you can do in vanilla game with creature graphic. I'm currently trying to make a different graphic for every type of grass, but since you can use only 2 color, it is a little bit hard for me to get the real color i want. Kinda like a switch you could put on some overides to turn off in game color.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1265 on: October 28, 2014, 04:07:04 pm »

I have a suggestion, it is possible to add way for some tiles to not use in game color but the tiles one's? Pretty much like what you can do in vanilla game with creature graphic. I'm currently trying to make a different graphic for every type of grass, but since you can use only 2 color, it is a little bit hard for me to get the real color i want. Kinda like a switch you could put on some overides to turn off in game color.

Isn't it what was being discussed recently and is already done? See readme for OVERRIDE command.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 28, 2014, 05:48:06 pm »

Isn't it what was being discussed recently and is already done? See readme for OVERRIDE command.

Ya, i did read the overides readme but all i see is that i can add new foreground color and background color. It's possible to just not use any color at all and color directly the graphic?
Pretty much like stonsesence does the grass. If it's already possible then mb but didnt see how to do it.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1267 on: October 28, 2014, 06:04:05 pm »

Ya, i did read the overides readme but all i see is that i can add new foreground color and background color. It's possible to just not use any color at all and color directly the graphic?
Pretty much like stonsesence does the grass. If it's already possible then mb but didnt see how to do it.

Doesn't it produce the result you want if you set the color to white (16:16) for an override?

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 28, 2014, 06:54:02 pm »

Doesn't it produce the result you want if you set the color to white (16:16) for an override?

I think it shouldn't, but i'm gonna check it right now
UPD: True. I didn't checked colour overrides, but game translates colour as-is for white tiles. The question is: are we able to detect tile's initial colour to make different overrides for different colours?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:03:40 pm by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1269 on: October 28, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »

UPD: True. I didn't checked colour overrides, but game translates colour as-is for white tiles. The question is: are we able to detect tile's initial colour to make different overrides for different colours?

Yep, that's how OpenGL works:)

Why do you want this? I mean, it's pretty simple to implement but maybe checking some other tile properties would be better for your task?

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 28, 2014, 08:30:21 pm »

Why do you want this? I mean, it's pretty simple to implement but maybe checking some other tile properties would be better for your task?

mockup:

Look, there is two chairs. One made out of slate. Other made out of wood.
Suppose we have ability to detect tile colour and work with it. What can we do?
Step 1. Change colour of all trees to brown
Step 2. Change colour of all stones and copper to any-but-brown
Step 3. Cast override of tile #210, colour brown to tile <tile number> of tileset <tileset name>, colour "same as it was"
And now we have simple wooden chair and more decent not-wooden throne

That's not an elegant solution, and i can't say i absolutely need it, but i think that there are people, who'd like to obtain such a technology.
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 28, 2014, 09:06:42 pm »

Ya, tiles keep their color like that but they are lighter then the tiles, one i tried the red became a lil bit pinkier, but making the tiles color darker kinda fixed that.

mockup:

Look, there is two chairs. One made out of slate. Other made out of wood.
Suppose we have ability to detect tile colour and work with it. What can we do?
Step 1. Change colour of all trees to brown
Step 2. Change colour of all stones and copper to any-but-brown
Step 3. Cast override of tile #210, colour brown to tile <tile number> of tileset <tileset name>, colour "same as it was"
And now we have simple wooden chair and more decent not-wooden throne

That's not an elegant solution, and i can't say i absolutely need it, but i think that there are people, who'd like to obtain such a technology.

That would be interesting, i could see myself using that for the leaves. In winter for when the leaves falls, i get brown leaves in the trees. With that i could make a tile that would look like branch instead.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »

The chair thing would also be doable if overrides could be material (or material group) specific, which has been mentioned as a feature request before.

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 30, 2014, 02:54:29 am »

I downloaded DF starterpack in this page
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7622

and unzip it,
and download latest version of override.txt from here
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129219.120
and overwrite it.
and played DF.

"Text Will Be Text" is include three Functions.
1. separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text
2. Multi-level rendering
3. override tile numbers for buildings, items and various tile types.

Function 1 is work well.
Function 2 is also work well.

But, Function 3 doesn't work!!
It is only black square!!! not various item tile!!
■■■ It just appear like this shape!!!

What's wrong??

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1274 on: October 30, 2014, 03:17:54 am »

I downloaded DF starterpack in this page
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7622

and unzip it,
and download latest version of override.txt from here
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129219.120
and overwrite it.
and played DF.

"Text Will Be Text" is include three Functions.
1. separate fonts (tilesets) for map tiles and for text
2. Multi-level rendering
3. override tile numbers for buildings, items and various tile types.

Function 1 is work well.
Function 2 is also work well.

But, Function 3 doesn't work!!
It is only black square!!! not various item tile!!
■■■ It just appear like this shape!!!

What's wrong??

Are there any messages in dfhack console in red or yellow when you launch DF?
Can you also post a screenshot?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 184