Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769727 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1290 on: October 30, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »

Actually I didn't quite finish tiletype overrides - overrides by special dfhack tiletype attributes (material, shape, etc.) are planned, so for things like soil floor there will be one record instead of four (material - soil, shape - floor), and it will also work faster. Sorry you have to list them all separately at the moment.

Oh, that would be cool.

Btw, you don't have to use numbers for tileset IDs, they can be any descriptive strings.

Oh, you mean that could use a word instead? I just did it the same way as Leocean, i thought that was the only way to do it.

I did it that way because that's how Meph did it and everyone else at the time did it, it was peer pressure :'(.... Either way is fine, I understand the merits of words instead of numbers, but will probably stick with the numbers.

As long as the material overrides don't cause to much fps loss it shouldn't be a problem and if it ends up in the end causing problems then it shouldn't be to hard to disable it. Someday Toady may get to 64 bit dwarf fortress so having it there would be nice and I just selfishly want to color all the bars different colors (or different shapes) so you can tell at a glance what they are. I imagine it's actually somewhat possible already with "tile magic" but that's......

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 04, 2014, 02:55:52 pm »

How goes the update? The development branch of DFhack seems to be working for .14, enough to have at least basic functionality.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1292 on: November 04, 2014, 06:59:19 pm »

I've committed the changes for 0.40.14, will try to build dfhack and twbt later today.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:09 pm »

DFHack 40.14-r1 is out!  (Also excited for TwbT here)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1295 on: November 06, 2014, 06:40:32 am »

Version 5.29 is available for 0.40.14. Tested on OS X only, as usual. You've been warned.

kittyfluffins

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is, in a word, dusk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 06, 2014, 05:37:37 pm »

Can you update the documentation to say that GRAPHICS has to be set to YES in the init.txt file for replacing text?
Can you also briefly mention that you can remove graphics by deleting the files in raw/graphics and data/save/region1/raw/graphics?

I struggled for a good hour trying to figure this out (new to dfhack and modding). I just wanted a square ascii tileset with non-square text for readability ;-;

Sample:
In your init.txt set FONT and FULLFONT to the font you want to use for text, and GRAPHICS_FONT and GRAPHICS_FULLFONT to the font for map tiles, and GRAPHICS to YES (if you don't want graphics, remove the files in raw/graphics and data/save/region1/raw/graphics).

Also, amazing work. Thank you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 07, 2014, 12:38:02 am »

5.29 works with 40.14 on Arch Linux!

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 09, 2014, 11:18:54 am »

The object testing arena crashes upon entering the game if PRINT_MODE is set to TWBT. (In other words "when TWBT is loaded".)
Edit: As does fortress mode.

EditEdit: This is the Windows version, and people seem to notice it elsewhere too.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:47:34 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 09, 2014, 06:59:39 pm »

This thing is amazing. Especially with fogcolor set to 1.0 1.0 1.0.
._.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 09, 2014, 08:40:16 pm »

Yep, it works now.

oh_no

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 09, 2014, 09:24:15 pm »

Dev version works perfectly, mifki, would you like to trade spores with me? *twiddles my beard sexfully*

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 10, 2014, 03:22:25 am »

Mifiki - cheers for your awesome work, really enjoying that multi level view rendering !
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 184