Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 767170 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1320 on: November 11, 2014, 05:02:47 pm »

Edit 2: dear armok, 19020x1068! What the hell kinda wraparoundtheroom screen is that?!?!?! (kidding, I know you meant 1920, presumably x1080, or is it actually x1068?
Na, I just fatfingered that. It's a regular full HD TFT. =D
I was hoping to hear you'd hacked an Occulus into Geordi's visor.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 12, 2014, 06:29:07 am »

I was hoping to hear you'd hacked an Occulus into Geordi's visor.
If I managed that you would be looking at my Kickstarter page right now! =P
Btw, that is one awesome idea! <3
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 20, 2014, 12:26:17 am »

With DFHack 40.16-r1 out, are you planning a TwbT release for 40.16?  If so I'll wait, otherwise I can update the Starter Pack :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 20, 2014, 03:28:31 am »

I suppose I'll have to...
Do you need the df-structures for for finding 40.17 too? If not, pretty please? :)

New release. 0.40.17-r1 will probably be faster than 0.40.16-r1.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1325 on: November 20, 2014, 03:35:51 am »

I suppose I'll have to...
Do you need the df-structures for for finding 40.17 too? If not, pretty please? :)

New release. 0.40.17-r1 will probably be faster than 0.40.16-r1.

Yes, I need couple addresses from there.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 20, 2014, 07:24:27 am »

5.33 is ready, for os x and win only for now.
Thx. I get "TWBT: no display patch" in the console, except for in legacy mode. Should I be concerned?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1328 on: November 20, 2014, 07:37:18 am »

Thx. I get "TWBT: no display patch" in the console, except for in legacy mode. Should I be concerned?

No. It's "lazy developer mode" activated - theoretically less optimised but you won't notice. I'm busy working on another amazing project that I'm hoping to show soon.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 20, 2014, 07:45:27 am »

I'm busy working on another amazing project that I'm hoping to show soon.
:-*

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 20, 2014, 08:58:21 pm »

With your track record, do you understand what kinds of expectations you wake up saying something like that?

My money is on a combat AI hijacker and customizer now.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 24, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »

mifki, this is continuation of my "there-is-two-chairs" request (where i was asking for ability to detect initial colors of tiles):

This is copper door. It's made out of brown foreground and red background, well blended with tile magic.
So, what i'm asking is some king of tag (or maybe not tag), called like [FORCE_BACKGROUND] that will force game object to use background of its material taken from raws instead of black. I was thinking of altering metal colours for my tileset, to make them more like in real life. And such a tag may be really helpful to apply that smooth 2-colored gradient to weapons and other furniture, except just doors and barrels, thus making them more randomised. Is it possible, or maybe you are up to implement it in your material-based-overrides concept, you were talking about?
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1332 on: November 24, 2014, 08:48:32 pm »

Yes, I remember I need to do all the things related to colours we discussed and to convert settings file to some better format.. and this new project.. Eventually I'll do all this.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:42 pm »

I know you're busy on the iPhone tool right now, but do you have any thoughts on how the map tilesets will work?  I'm wondering if it'd be significant extra work to have a distinct setting for each of the fort mini-map, the embark map, the region map, and the world map.  The last three are all using the same legend at different zoom levels, so it may or may not make sense to differentiate those.  I have never been able to figure out what the hell is going on with the fort mini-map.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1334 on: November 26, 2014, 04:47:42 pm »

I know you're busy on the iPhone tool right now, but do you have any thoughts on how the map tilesets will work?  I'm wondering if it'd be significant extra work to have a distinct setting for each of the fort mini-map, the embark map, the region map, and the world map.  The last three are all using the same legend at different zoom levels, so it may or may not make sense to differentiate those.  I have never been able to figure out what the hell is going on with the fort mini-map.

It's not hard to do, in fact I already wrote couple times that I've tried but didn't like the result. The problem is that I can only (with reasonable effort) make world/mini map tiles the size of the text, i.e. rectangular rather than square. And normal map font squeezed to that size looked terrible. Of course I could just implement it and wait for artists to make proper tilesets, but I also was thinking about some other solutions for the embark screens, like to dynamically change text (and therefore world map tiles) back to square on those screens because there's not a lot of text and the map is more important. But nobody ever replied to these posts so I did nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 184