Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770167 times)

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1335 on: November 26, 2014, 11:50:39 pm »

Disclaimer: If I seem ignorant, it is because I am.

Could one by chance do a 16x16 pxl or 32x32 pxl all white image and use 1x1 pxl or 2x2 pxl tiles to generate the desired mini map? It might not be doable with the twbt plugin but perhaps there could be another plugin to do it.

I just made 32x32 tileset and ran it in dwarf fortress. This was the first screen when I started it :D It made me laugh out loud.

And here is what my current 2x2 embark fort looked like :P

I would think something like this running real-time within dwarf fortress would be quite a strain on the cpu. Though it is kind of fun to watch 2x2 colored pixels moving around :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:53:24 pm by Rogue Yun »

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 27, 2014, 09:11:31 am »

What is the minimum OpenGL version required by DF/TWBT? I was wondering if that could explain some bad performance issue I have on a OpenGL 2.1 machine (mesa seems to fall back to software rendering whereas other OpenGL applications like gnome-shell or glxspheres work well).

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 04, 2014, 03:25:33 pm »

I know you're busy on the iPhone tool right now, but do you have any thoughts on how the map tilesets will work?  I'm wondering if it'd be significant extra work to have a distinct setting for each of the fort mini-map, the embark map, the region map, and the world map.  The last three are all using the same legend at different zoom levels, so it may or may not make sense to differentiate those.  I have never been able to figure out what the hell is going on with the fort mini-map.

It's not hard to do, in fact I already wrote couple times that I've tried but didn't like the result. The problem is that I can only (with reasonable effort) make world/mini map tiles the size of the text, i.e. rectangular rather than square. And normal map font squeezed to that size looked terrible. Of course I could just implement it and wait for artists to make proper tilesets, but I also was thinking about some other solutions for the embark screens, like to dynamically change text (and therefore world map tiles) back to square on those screens because there's not a lot of text and the map is more important. But nobody ever replied to these posts so I did nothing.
How about an embark screen font?  Presumably it would be a square font.  Few if any of the map symbols can be changed in mods, so they are stable.  Only a few of the text-y characters are used on the map, just:
" # + = ^ I î n V æ Æ (and X for the cursor)
plus a couple others if you want to worry about the Adventure Mode travel map.  That handful could be differentiated on the map with overrides, allowing map stuff on the maps and text stuff elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:28:10 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 06, 2014, 06:03:39 am »

I got it compiling on Linux for 40.19. But theres some sort of mismatch that involves libgraphics.so

When launching dfhack i'm getting Not found: data/art/curses_square_16x16.png

I am using libgraphics for 0.40.19 from https://github.com/svenstaro/dwarf_fortress_unfuck

Edit: Ok, it was a user error. I just hadn't installed everything correctly. Its working now, though some more installation docs would be useful. Made a pull request with build instructions:  add build instructions to readme by Ramblurr · Pull Request #22 · mifki/df-twbt
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:29:13 am by rmblr »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 06, 2014, 02:24:06 pm »

5.36 works on linux, just to confirm.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 06, 2014, 02:25:04 pm »

Oh, and Windows too. Zero issues, but I knew to expect that already.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 07, 2014, 11:33:22 am »

It seems that TwbT is conflicting with "tweak stable-cursor" (report).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1345 on: December 07, 2014, 04:17:46 pm »

It seems that TwbT is conflicting with "tweak stable-cursor" (report).

There are some issues with cursor "stability" when using TwbT in general (because the game doesn't know the correct map size). I'll check how it all works with this tweak (and without) and what can be done.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 08, 2014, 01:31:00 am »

I noticed sometimes an overridden bridge tile is not painted correctly.
This happens after the screen is scrolled, or after using < and > to change z-level.
If you move the cursor to the position and then move away, the glitch is gone(like the cursor forces a refresh).

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 08, 2014, 02:05:54 am »

Those are hard to fix I bet, like the bug you get when you have multilevel on and use one of the gui plugins where the phantom text lingers on black space until it is painted over again with another color, it's not a super big deal, but I can see how it would be a huge pain in the ass to fix.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1348 on: December 08, 2014, 02:13:24 am »

I noticed sometimes an overridden bridge tile is not painted correctly.
This happens after the screen is scrolled, or after using < and > to change z-level.
If you move the cursor to the position and then move away, the glitch is gone(like the cursor forces a refresh).

I thought I've fixed an issue like this, but probably I didn't check/notice it specifically with bridges, I'll check.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 08, 2014, 02:14:56 am »

Oh sorry I forgot to mention I haven't tried that in the newest version. So maybe it has been fixed. Last time I saw that I'm still playing 0.40.13
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 184