Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 770210 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1365 on: December 11, 2014, 07:07:13 pm »

I'd recommend both - I usually use GCC 4.5 when compiling for Linux, but a number of other builds use GCC 4.9.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 15, 2014, 12:01:06 am »

How isolated is the logic for determining what part of the screen is the Dwarf map?

As in, how easy would it be to rip it out and use it for my own project :)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1367 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:24 am »

How isolated is the logic for determining what part of the screen is the Dwarf map?

As in, how easy would it be to rip it out and use it for my own project :)

There's a function is_text_tile() https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/blob/master/tileupdate_text.hpp#L1 , but as I moved to completely separate map rendering and don't need this logic anymore, I didn't pay attention to its accuracy recently.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 15, 2014, 02:33:03 am »

Would you reccomend using it for replacing the rendered dwarf map entirely with something completely different? (In my case, perspective)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1369 on: December 15, 2014, 03:06:17 am »

Would you reccomend using it for replacing the rendered dwarf map entirely with something completely different? (In my case, perspective)

Using what - my method, or that function (which alone isn't very helpful)?
I think the optimal way is to do how I'm doing it - disabling the original map rendering and doing whatever you want instead, at least it's better from CPU usage point of view. The only problem is that it requires some additional addresses to be located in df binary for each version. Otherwise you can use twbt code as a base, it handles all the patches and layout stuff.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:58 am »

Well, the best, if most work-intensive, method, would be to just make my own UI separately.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 15, 2014, 10:47:18 pm »

Is the separate TWBT print mode a permanent solution? Has it ever been possible to use a 2D print mode along with twbt in the past?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1372 on: December 15, 2014, 11:08:35 pm »

Is the separate TWBT print mode a permanent solution? Has it ever been possible to use a 2D print mode along with twbt in the past?

Separate print mode is just a way to enable twbt. It requires OpenGL mode (STANDARD) and never worked in 2D. Theoretically, it should be possible to support 2D mode as well, but I don't see a reason to do that.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 15, 2014, 11:22:33 pm »

Well, it could be interesting for those whose video card doesn't support OpenGL or wish to have TrueType fonts.

Also can TWBT be enable in VBO print mode?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1374 on: December 15, 2014, 11:39:29 pm »

Well, it could be interesting for those whose video card doesn't support OpenGL or wish to have TrueType fonts.

I was thinking about possibility to use multilevel rendering (obviously font-related functionality doesn't make sense with TTF) in 2D mode, but it's just too much work that not so many people need.

Also can TWBT be enable in VBO print mode?

VBO is just a variation of OpenGL and TWBT does it internally. That's the idea of having a separate print mode for TWBT - it's not working _in_ some mode, it replaces renderer, so it _is_ a mode itself.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1375 on: December 19, 2014, 12:55:46 pm »

Mifki, I have been away for a bit, but someone just told me that you found a solution for the "no ttf with twbt" problem, by using print-mode:twbt and allowed smaller text that way. No ttf, but thats not needed if you get small text anyway.

Awesome! Thank you for that addition. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 19, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

Mifki, I have been away for a bit, but someone just told me that you found a solution for the "no ttf with twbt" problem, by using print-mode:twbt and allowed smaller text that way. No ttf, but thats not needed if you get small text anyway.

Awesome! Thank you for that addition. :)

I think, that actual point of using ttf may be kinda different, cuz it allows you to use ttf font, that may not be monospaced, as tilesets are. If DF had better support of TTF (and even TWBT+TTF combo) before, i've decided to make normal font file, or choose existing, instead of making text tileset.
Not asking for it now, though, since i'm happy with the font i've finally developed
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1377 on: December 19, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »

The important part for me is not how the font looks, but that enough characters can be displayed to avoid cutting of long names, reactions and so forth. And that it does. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 19, 2014, 05:00:53 pm »

I think TwbT only allows a different font size, not a different sidebar size (in other words, the sidebar will only take up less space if you use a narrower font - you won't be able to see more text in it).
Edit: Of course, if you're referring to text-based screens, a narrower font allows longer line lengths.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 19, 2014, 05:09:51 pm »

Em well the smaller font does give more text in height and width compared to the larger font. Meaning more items are shown if you are in certain menus or even dwarf description pages. I'm pretty you could use smaller text before the printmode was set to twbt or TWBT_LEGACY though, that added for other reasons that I now forget. At least around the time twbt tilesize xx xx was added back in 40.10 at the latest though it was slightly before .11.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:11:59 pm by LeoCean »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 184