Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 768399 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1455 on: January 24, 2015, 06:51:06 am »

With an official DFHack release for 40.24 out, a new TwbT build would be awesome ;P
Keep in mind that the Windows build is missing several offsets and several plugins won't work, so I don't recommend using it in a pack. It's more of a test release at this point, at least for Windows users.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 24, 2015, 06:56:07 am »

Yeah, preview only unless I get good results from testing.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #1457 on: January 24, 2015, 03:26:02 pm »

Try version 5.41

stable-cursor is still broken.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 24, 2015, 09:47:16 pm »

Hmmm, I know the thing with the sliding tiles on the adventure mode travel map (where two adjacent tiles of the same type will blur together) is old, though interestingly it only happens at certain zoom levels, with a similar sort of weird diagonal hacking up of large text refreshes if I'm zoomed in too far.

Still getting a lot of instability though if I travel too far and then drop out of travel mode in the middle of a town.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 24, 2015, 10:24:58 pm »

Is there any chance to "fix" those small dorf icons in the z menu?
 :P
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1461 on: January 25, 2015, 03:08:58 am »

Hmmm, I know the thing with the sliding tiles on the adventure mode travel map (where two adjacent tiles of the same type will blur together) is old, though interestingly it only happens at certain zoom levels, with a similar sort of weird diagonal hacking up of large text refreshes if I'm zoomed in too far.

Still getting a lot of instability though if I travel too far and then drop out of travel mode in the middle of a town.

Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. When I have time, I'll spend some time in adventure mode and will check these two things. Well, the real problem is that I just even don't know how to play in adv mode.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 25, 2015, 02:36:24 pm »

It's hard to grab a screenshot of it since it doesn't persist all the time, but basically if the icon for say a forest of one type (I think the same tile as the slabs use) is lined up in the same direction as I am traveling at certain zoom levels they kinda smear across the map.

Sometimes convo gets chopped up diagonally, I think that means it is wrapping around weirdly due to the zoom.

Like instead of normal convo I will see this:
Code: [Select]
     A great beas                                                            the titan Snust
  our people it                                                           for murder
vanqui                                                                glory in th

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 25, 2015, 04:51:17 pm »

If you're using adventure mode, there are a number of problems with TwbT in it.

mifki: Any idea what's wrong with "tweak stable-cursor" in fortress mode?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1464 on: January 25, 2015, 06:26:34 pm »

If you're using adventure mode, there are a number of problems with TwbT in it.

mifki: Any idea what's wrong with "tweak stable-cursor" in fortress mode?

There's a lot of incompatibilities I believe. Since it's a frequently requested feature, I'll try to look into it today or tomorrow.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:44 pm »

Yeah, I had to disable it as much as it hurts to do so, losing a couple of hours of training and quest log filling and such is painful the first time, much less the times afterwards.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 25, 2015, 09:32:48 pm »

Is there any chance to "fix" those small dorf icons in the z menu?
 :P

What's wrong with them - that they are not square?

I think it is OK to use normal font instead of graphics. They look too small unless you are using 16x16 font.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 09, 2015, 02:17:51 am »

Soo I have run into an issue that is quite weird, when using TwbT and resizing my window above somewhere around 2052~ (roughly) horizontal resolution then the text starts acting weirdly. It goes from this: http://puu.sh/fG1RR/cace3ae44d.png to this http://puu.sh/fG1Ub/b054ab4614.png when it passes a certain width. I have been unable to find a way to prevent it and while it's playable it's quite annoying that the text is not as clear but rather weirdly pixelated.

Any ideas anyone?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 09, 2015, 07:07:48 am »

Soo I have run into an issue that is quite weird, when using TwbT and resizing my window above somewhere around 2052~ (roughly) horizontal resolution then the text starts acting weirdly. It goes from this: http://puu.sh/fG1RR/cace3ae44d.png to this http://puu.sh/fG1Ub/b054ab4614.png when it passes a certain width. I have been unable to find a way to prevent it and while it's playable it's quite annoying that the text is not as clear but rather weirdly pixelated.

Any ideas anyone?

Looks like resizing artefacts from zooming - does zooming out a step (in a fullscreen menu, to affect text) help at all?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 09, 2015, 07:20:30 am »

Both yes and no, it has an effect but it doesn't really make it any better, just slightly different in what pixels aren't getting showed. It's definitely a resizing issue though that seems to kick in at a certain resolution. Someone on IRC mentioned that he didn't really have any issues on his 2560x1440 monitor so I'm not sure what is up with that, maybe he just doesn't notice it?

It seems like the minimum size is too large or something thus causing it not to be 1:1 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 184