Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 184

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 769423 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #1575 on: March 15, 2015, 04:14:10 pm »

Redoing it based off another good file worked.  Thanks!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 17, 2015, 04:40:09 am »

I'm getting frequent crashes in adv mode, when using fast travel or sleep. Fort mode is also slightly unstable while running it, but I couldn't pin down exactly when crashes were likely. I don't have the problem when I disable TWBT, but TWBT is the main reason I launch dfhack.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 17, 2015, 08:43:07 am »

Adv mode and twbt are super buggy sadly.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 17, 2015, 09:32:24 am »

Seems to work fine with TWBT_LEGACY selected in LNP launcher. No multilevel, which I hadn't quite grown dependent on, but I could learn to use it in adv mode.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 22, 2015, 07:42:33 am »

Does mapshot work under TWBT_LEGACY? I couldn't find the picture.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1580 on: March 24, 2015, 08:13:06 am »

Excuse me if this has been answered before, but is there some way to fix the issues with Twbt and the trees in 40.x?

I get things like this:

Or is this caused by something else? I'm using the newest DF version, newest Twbt version (I think) and print_mode:twbt_legacy.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 24, 2015, 08:29:23 am »

Excuse me if this has been answered before, but is there some way to fix the issues with Twbt and the trees in 40.x?

I get things like this:

Or is this caused by something else? I'm using the newest DF version, newest Twbt version (I think) and print_mode:twbt_legacy.
Is that Obsidian, and do the black rectangles animate?
I'm positive that only happens with Obsidian's animated grass, and it's caused by a bug in twbt with mapping stuff to tile 0. Workaround is here.
(edit: Are you sure that's legacy mode? I've only seen it using regular twbt mode.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:31:16 am by fricy »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1582 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:59 am »

I've set it to TWBT now (instead of legacy) and checked the version number, 5.42.

I tried your fix, it worked perfectly. I had thought the animated grass for the culprit, and deleted all alt-tiles, tried again, and it did not fix it... so I thought it would be something else. Turns out it was the use of the tile:0, which you replaced with tile:255.

That did the trick, all good now. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 24, 2015, 05:19:42 pm »

I've set it to TWBT now (instead of legacy) and checked the version number, 5.42.

Unrelated to TwbT, you may want to update DFHack to r2 (and TwbT to .43) - there's a lot of nice stuff behind the scenes, including total encapsulation of mod-related DFHacks scripts in the raw folder; MW saves could potentially be portable!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1584 on: March 24, 2015, 10:21:14 pm »

Unrelated to TwbT, you may want to update DFHack to r2 (and TwbT to .43) - there's a lot of nice stuff behind the scenes, including total encapsulation of mod-related DFHacks scripts in the raw folder; MW saves could potentially be portable!
Any syntax or folder changes?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 24, 2015, 11:06:24 pm »

Nope. I may port everything over and note what exactly I did.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 25, 2015, 12:57:41 am »

None required for things to keep working, taking advantage of new features would probably take some minimal changes to the areas where scripts call other scripts.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 25, 2015, 03:46:28 am »

What worked before will still work in r2, but I started taking advantage of the new syntax to run scripts. It's quite better then the old way.

Also it allows to put scripts in the raw folder which is really good for succession games. The only part of a mod left outside the raws now is the speech text files.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 03:54:21 am by Boltgun »

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 25, 2015, 05:40:55 pm »

A while ago I asked about how to change the screw pump tiles. And I figured it out, I feel silly now because it was pretty simple. Just posting in case anyone else was wondering.

Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:246:B:SCREW_PUMP:ScrewPump::NewTiles:3]
[OVERRIDE:37:B:SCREW_PUMP:ScrewPump::NewTiles:4]
I just had to change the tile number. First override replaces the inactive tile. Second override replaces the active tile.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 25, 2015, 05:59:57 pm »

What worked before will still work in r2, but I started taking advantage of the new syntax to run scripts. It's quite better then the old way.
Assuming you're referring to script_environment(), what scripts (if any) in the standard DFHack distribution are you using as modules? I'm planning on only allowing scripts that handle being used as modules to be accessed in this way, which would require a small change to these scripts.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 184